The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About 4 DVD in Imperial Edition Boxed

lucablue
lucablue
✭✭
Hi,
since I've played since beta session, I've updated my client directly by internet and I've not run the DVD of the boxed version.

I've a question to support team: the 4 DVD contains only the first client or they have also some bonus content and I've to install it?

Thank you
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon
    ✭✭✭
    As no one else has replied to your question I’ll give you my findings for the standard boxed version of the game.

The 4 DVDs just install a bog standard version of the game, once installed you will then have to connect to the servers and download any new versions of the launcher and game client. These downloads can be quite large, in my case close on 8 Gig in updates were required to get a working client.

With regards to any ‘Bonus’ content there is nothing on the DVD’s it is all activated by the codes that come with your box. I had two codes one to activate the game and one to activate the Map Packs and my pet. You should already have used these codes if you are playing the game.

To be quite honest the only reason I purchased the box version was because I got a good deal price wise from the web site selling them.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed that the DVDs' just contain the install data. The bonus and extra items with the Imperial Edition box are accessed via the code cards that you get, three in total. Details from my Account page - Billing History;

Standard Edition (basic game)
    Explorer's Pack (any alliance, treasure maps etc.)
    Imperial Edition (Imperial Horse, class, Imperial crafting etc.)
    Edited by Moonraker on April 23, 2014 9:40PM
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The DVD's are very useful, however, if you are in a situation where you have a very low cap on your internet, and can't download the full game. Other than that, they don't give you anything you don't get by downloading the client.
  • lucablue
    lucablue
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much for answers...

So 4 DVDs to install the game... WOW! :D