Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why no love for Templar?

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And not to forget that a templar got the worst major ward and major resolve ability of all the classes.

A templar has to stay withing the small circly they cast on the ground in order to keep de major buffs.

While all the other classes just cast it and it stays active for 20 seconds no matter where they go.

In PvP one can simply not stay in one place.

Look again. Major buffs last for 20 seconds regardless of your location, you get bonus resistances on top of that while standing in the rune.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make proc burning light on other then aedric spear abilities. There, fixed templar
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Make proc burning light on other then aedric spear abilities. There, fixed templar

Burning light on bow skills? You just made me cream my pants :#
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just make longer time window to proc burning light. Like 3 seconds, you can only proc every 1 second anyway due to the global cooldown 1sec.

1 second timer is trash in pvp if you miss 1 or 2 channel ticks of jabs you miss burning light and have to restart all over again.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does it feel to hqve your pleads ignored? Good thing that I did not expect anything and I have not been excited about this game for some time. Shame to have my candles extinshed for thus game after playibg since launch.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH; right now I am just happy to be able to freely play my templar in Cyrodiil after 6 weeks.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does it feel to hqve your pleads ignored? Good thing that I did not expect anything and I have not been excited about this game for some time. Shame to have my candles extinshed for thus game after playibg since launch.

Ring of the pale order is a new toy I can play with so I am contempt for now. After the novelty of the new arena wears out I'll probably be back here whining :D
  • Synssaturdayy9
    just bc their's better healing doesn't mean it's dps pvp wise has gotten any better rn stamplar probs gonna be more like a tank plar with no dmg i mean im glad they buffed the healing but why can't stamplar have a dmg buff im gonna be honest i ain't even been getting 2 kills in battlegrounds without dying 7 times wearing briar heart and deadly and i think that means something and i also used to be an amazing stamplar before it got patched but now i don't play this game alot pvp wise bc of the changes tbh i don't like changes sometimes bc they could be good or bad i like good but it's 50/50 it might land on bad or when it's a good patch and it changes into a worse patch and tbh i just play eso just to talk to friends play pvp and try to have fun that's it but in my mind it feels like they aren't listening to what anything i post or anybody else posts and it makes me mad bc i know it's the truth in my mind and it's not gonna change this game this game used to have hype in my mind now it's just boring and exhausting now for me and im still holding on for hope that one day they will make things really fun again but idk if that's gonna happen it's almost outta reach in my head and
    idc about balance the game would be more fun if it was unbalanced and everything was op on a high scale other than everything being "fixed" and unplayable my honest opinion like bash builds where actually cool back in elseweyr i never got to play one but my best friend would always send me clips of his bash build or on his stamplar and i would love them it made me think of how much i loved eso and to see him out their doing his thing and i followed him i started doing what he did but everything changed not long after and i got really sad seeing the changes and stuff
    (i ended up loving elseweyr it was the best patch i have seen in some of my days)
    Edited by Synssaturdayy9 on November 4, 2020 2:11AM
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems like zos wants to sell warden so they are nerfing templar. They also probably only play stamden and stamblade in pvp.
    Templar and DK need some love. Their passives are pretty outdated. Lmao imagine having a passive that fill a soul gem when you resurrect an ally.
    I don't know if zos has any idea about proccing burning light passive in a messy laggy cyrodiil.
  • GeneraLandon
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    West93 wrote: »
    Burning light nerfed in pvp.
    Worst passives (passive to fill empty soulgem).
    Nerfed super hard right now in cyrodiil due to AOE tests.
    Ritual of retribution heal removed for no reason.
    Backlash is a joke compared to blighted blastbones, scorch, daedric curse.
    No health based heal on a healing class, blazing shield useless ability.
    A main dps spammable now is being punished for using as a spammable in cyrodiil.
    Useless ultimates for solo pvp.
    Bottom tier class in pvp, not best at anything.

-Burning light was literally bugged
    -If you care at all about actually playing pvp you should be happy that zos is actually doing testing regardless
    -Ritual is now properly split into a damage and healing morph
    -nothing compares to blastbones rn, scorch is up there aswell, but id say backlash compares well with curse
    -Most of templar's health based *** and counter zerg tools were nerfed into the ground like 3-4 years ago
    -again be happy zos is investing any amount of time in cyrodil
    -sweep and nova can find themselves in a build easily. Ever try using an ult for stamsorc, a highly mobile and movement based class that has a clunky ult that can get you banned and two ground placed non moving over time ults.
    its easily mid tier, without testing involved its most likely sitting behind Necro>warden>dk=templar=sorc>nightblade

Magsorc is #1 rn. Wth have you been?
  • Synssaturdayy9
    i wish jabs had additional damage again
  • Kardrik
    Kardrik
    ✭✭✭

I actually disagree wholeheartedly, I'm fine with the skill line not being carried by Jabs.
    I do think that ZoS needs to look, among other places, at Dawn's Wrath which has only like one useful ability, and that's just for Magplars.
    Stamplars need to be able to viably use more Templar abilities as well. I don't want to say "Buff Templar pls" and then everyone points at one ability and one passive and say "Templars are fine, be jabbot"
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They can parse 80k pressing jabs just slot vigor and keep going.
  • Synssaturdayy9
    Kardrik wrote: »

I actually disagree wholeheartedly, I'm fine with the skill line not being carried by Jabs.
    I do think that ZoS needs to look, among other places, at Dawn's Wrath which has only like one useful ability, and that's just for Magplars.
    Stamplars need to be able to viably use more Templar abilities as well. I don't want to say "Buff Templar pls" and then everyone points at one ability and one passive and say "Templars are fine, be jabbot"

yeah i somewhat agree with you but stamplars toolkit for damage in pvp is nothing compared to what it used to be i was just chucking an idea out there imo i just wish i could go back in time to when stamplar did have the good things like additional damage and a snare and when power of the light was alright and made it more worth it instead of missing the pat all the time and not being able to move on you know what i mean in my opinion i don't like the proc meta we are in where everyone is a werewolf and sustain doesn't exist i did love things like elseweyr and scalebreaker bc it was more skill based than proc based and i haven't been playing for months bc of it
  • Synssaturdayy9
    past*
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koubo wrote: »
    I can only support this and i'll add :
    • One of the worse MadDD PvE, due to rely a lot on a melee spammable which isn't why you want MagDD in first place. Also, bad sustain
    • Lose one of the last utility for groups, which was Minor breach/fracture from PowerOfTheLight because now is part of a s&b skill
    • Not the best as healer, while is describe as a holy healer of the game
    • Bad in PvP, all around.
    • really poor self sustain (health wise) especially as a Stamplar who rely at 200% on external skill.
    • too many useless skill (SunShield, Eclipse on top of it)
    • too many useless passive (almost all from Restoration light are just garbage)
    • Worse tank of the game (fromfeedback. Didn't played tank. But we dont see Templar tank anyway)

but yet my stamplar is doin +90 k dps on dummy using 4 skills = endless + trap / jabs + light
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    This update apparently wont get any class changes so how bout just fix things from previous pts - improve Burning Light. Zos have enough data to approve that previous pts change was very negatively affected passive in pvp scenario. Just add proper skill memory to it that take longer than 1sec to store stacks.

Just finished grinding my stamcro undaunted today. I guess I'll stay on him this and next patch from now on till they bring back templar being viable in pvp again.

Used same sets on my stamcro as on stamplar just switched trollking to malubeth, I never played another stamclass and never used dizzy swing and executioner before, I am so terrible not even close to being 20% good as on my templar, yet class carried me so much that I could walk down 1v1 anyone, felt 3x times more tankier and if landing blastboned and dizzy at same time burst is so much better than stamplars.

Grayhost cyrodiil.

fact
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    is this me or zos ignore templar problems in another dlc hmm mmm
  • Marchastre
    Marchastre
    ✭✭
    Honestly, ZOS has so many options to improve the spells of the templar, to improve what the class can bring to the team with differents roles.
    And clearly, the tank aspect is lacking as nobody wants to see a templar tank due to his abilities. And as peoples often does here, i have my own share of thoughts about the class.
    Bear in mind that idea i'm throwing ideas that are mostly mechanical changes and not values tweaking, as a draft.

Aedric Spear

Toppling charges and its morphs
    Scales with the highest offensive stats

Spear shards
    Holy shards is granted directly from the base ability. Choosing between more dps or bringing a better synergy (which can be solely used by one char is a waste)
    • Luminous shards
      Decreased damage but immobilize ennemies that are hit by the initial cast and slow down ennemies within the aoe by 50

Sun Shield
    Initial morph unchanged
    • Blazing shield
      Nearby ennemies take magicka damage as in the basic initial morph, increasing further the value of the shield.
    • Radiant Ward
      Nearby ennemies don't take magicka damage anymore and the shield isn't strengthened for each enemy hit.
      Instead the shield increase with the % of missing health, going to a shield that can absorb up to 60% of the caster's health.

Spear Wall
    Changed to bring minor protection for 6s or as long as an aedric spear skills is active.

Balanced warrior
    The damage are unchanged
    Increase the physical and spell protection by 1320, value is doubled while under a shield.

Dawn's Wrath

Backlash
    Base morph unchanged.
    • Purifying light
      Applies Minor breach to the ennemies
      Maximum of copied damage decreased
      Heal removed to be replaced with minor vitality that is applied for 5 when the effect end. Recasting the spell prematurely does apply minor vitality
    • Power of the light
      Maximum of copied damaged increased

Enduring rays
    Increased duration kept as it is
    Enemy take 5% more damage from a Dawn's Wrath ability if they are already under the effect of a Dawn's wrath ability.

Restoring Light

Rite of passage and its morph
    Can move during the cast but only at 50% base speed (Sprint/roll disabled during the duration of the cast)

Healing ritual
    Decreased the heal to 600ish health (instead of 1894)
    Decreased the mana cost to 1800-ish magicka
    Increase the heal by 20% for each allies within range (capped to 200%)

Restoring aura
    • Radiant Aura
      Still bring minor magicka steal and the minor fortitude, endurance, intellect
      Prime allies for 20 seconds, making them burst with energy when they are healed while their life is under 20% health, healing them and their allies for 500 health on a circle of 5m around them, consuming the "prime" effect.
      If a primed target is under 50% of their health and receive the heal from a burst, they will also burst (Also healing themselves and allies in a circle of 5m around them)
      Once consumed, the target cannot receive the "Prime" effect for 6 seconds

Rune Focus
    Standing within the rune make you regenerate 240 stamina/magicka, depending from your highest offensive stats.
    Remove the Physical and spell resistance when standing within the rune.
    • Channeled Focus
      For each standing within the rune, you gain 10% of your physical and spell resistance each half-second (This effect can only stack 5 times)
      Once you leave the rune, that effect decay, losing one stack every second.
    • Restoring Focus
      While blocking inside the rune, your block mitigation is increased by 15%
      When you successfully parry an attack, you get healed for 400 health, that part scaling with your maximum health

If you want to get the gist of those ideas:
    - Give the opportunity for the Templar to be a tank with two differents tool to mitigate actively the damage taken, either by using restoring focus or the sun shield as a "Oh ***" button.
    - Changes some abilities that are either too clunky (Rite of passage) or never used (Radiant aura) for the healers
    - Give an unique tool for the templar healer that has been left a bit behind as a powerful but basic healer (especially during a period where healing isn't as important as buffing allies)
    - On the opposite side, i want to bring more tools for the templar as a dps stamina or magicka, either by giving them a gape closer scaling with their stats or increased damages from using dots.

Surely, it won't address all of the glaring issues the templar has (and it may even raise more problem of balance, something i kept trying to avoid) but here's clearly some points or ideas ZOS never addressed publicly or on the pts.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that templars get backlash damage fixed in pvp.
    Edited by West93 on April 19, 2021 2:31PM
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With performance being as bad as it is lately; I don't know if it matters. You have 6 seconds to fill the damage, and that winds up being 1 or 2 light attacks and a partial set of jabs if you are lucky.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »

With performance being as bad as it is lately; I don't know if it matters. You have 6 seconds to fill the damage, and that winds up being 1 or 2 light attacks and a partial set of jabs if you are lucky.

It does matter making stamplars only burst delayed ability worth slotting again.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »

It does matter making stamplars only burst delayed ability worth slotting again.

That's why potl needs to be reworked as a delay burst skill like curse
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplars and magplars in general need a lot of rework etc, but if zos only just made backlash working again I'll be content and happy. I don't ask for much.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamplars and magplars in general need a lot of rework etc, but if zos only just made backlash working again I'll be content and happy. I don't ask for much.

Pretty much all vanilla classes except magsorc need a rework.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    We don't love LIGHT!
  • LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭

Magsorc still needs a rework, and modernization.
    All vanilla classes need to be refreshed.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeonAkando wrote: »

Magsorc still needs a rework, and modernization.
    All vanilla classes need to be refreshed.

Compared to stamsorc no. Stamsorc needs more modernization.

Magsorc overload elemental weapon desync need to be fixed first.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't love LIGHT!
    I play Templar because I love the LIGHT
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templat got some love this time. Buff to luminous shard, nova, living dark, ritual, rune focus and 1 or 2 passives.

Rejoice