The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Symphony of Blades arms pack missing lighting effect: intended or not?

virtus753
virtus753
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS:

Several of the weapons for the Symphony of Blades pack in the crown store have a lighting particle effect but do not emit light like previous packs do (e.g. Molag Kena). So far I know that the staff, sword, and bow do not cast light on the player or environment. I haven't yet tested the shield or two-hander.

I bought this pack in part for this effect, as the other pack I own has it. Can you confirm whether it is intentionally missing or whether this is a bug so I can decide whether or not to pursue a refund?

There is a thread on this in bug reports, but no one has yet officially confirmed whether or not it is actually a bug.

ETA: Jessica has since confirmed this a bug and will be fixed:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7201817/#Comment_7201817
Edited by virtus753 on April 7, 2021 5:39PM
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think some Monster Weapons don't actually cast light, usually ones that have a "dull" effect like webbing.

I guess that Symphony of Blades is supposed to be a glistening effect and not actual light? That is odd though. It's similar to Nightflame's effect, does that one cast light?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    I think some Monster Weapons don't actually cast light, usually ones that have a "dull" effect like webbing.

I guess that Symphony of Blades is supposed to be a glistening effect and not actual light? That is odd though. It's similar to Nightflame's effect, does that one cast light?

That I don't know -- the only other pack I have is Molag Kena, which is a lightning effect and does emit light.

It is curious to me that SoB is a very light-oriented effect (which pairs well with templar skills) and yet looks very strange because it doesn't actually cast that light.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

That I don't know -- the only other pack I have is Molag Kena, which is a lightning effect and does emit light.

It is curious to me that SoB is a very light-oriented effect (which pairs well with templar skills) and yet looks very strange because it doesn't actually cast that light.

I'll check when I get home since I have all of the Opal Weapons.

Off the top of my head though, I know that both normal Engine Guardian and Sentinel of Rkugamz cast light, but they're also electric effects.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on April 7, 2021 5:18PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jessica confirmed this a bug and will be fixed.

Thank you for the quick response!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7201817/#Comment_7201817
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh cool.

Yeah, it would have been really bizarre if the Weapons based on a Giant Suit of Armor literally powered by light didn't glow.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt and this is how it's supposed to be according to the customer service rep who begrudgingly refunded it for me.

they said:
    "I reviewed the images that were provided and the weapons shown for the Symphony of Blades arms pack are showing as they appear in the crown store. If you are not satisfied with it I can help and have the content removed from the account and the crowns returned.

I am going to have the crowns used for the purchase returned to the account. When you next access the game you will find the arms pack has been removed and the crowns added to the balance.

Going forward, please note that Crown store purchases are intended to be permanent once completed from the store. Requests of this nature are reviewed on a case by case basis and are never guaranteed."

But It's not as it appears in the Crown Store Because previews have an Artificial light like Inventory and Collections that make it difficult to see what you're looking at especially in terms of Radial Light Weapons and Furniture.

Here is my thread for reference.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7198420#Comment_7198420
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh what the heck. just read the other comments and saw the thread jessica said it was a bug lol
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    I've only bought crown weapons for the glowing effect, so somewhat sensitive to the idea. Its been either way for the previous ones..

While the maw of the infernal style has a significant torch flame effect, the others have all glowed to varying degrees, some more, some mild. None of them i've seen so far have been as bright as the infernal maw (hence the instabuy i guess).

The current set looks amazing and if it did have a glow i was seriously thinking about getting it.. but even if they add one in its not guaranteed to be torch alternative bright.

Ps. Still very. happy all the treasure hunter personality and the infernal maw had their light radius buffed in the last patch. They're looking really good now.

• ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    Hey there! We have closed this thread as this issue has already been reported in this thread and a response from one of our community managers has been provided: Symphony of Blades pack weapons lighting bugged. Feel free to add any additional comments to this other thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.