The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Big stinky bears blocking things are a real annoyance (Screenshot)

marshill88
marshill88
✭✭✭✭
Why is it always some big fat repugnant nasty smelly dirty rotten bear that has to block things that players want to interact with? A writ crate was completely blocked by this disgusting animal. People were yelling in red letters but this over stuffed rotten fur bag wouldn't move. It. Just. Wouldn't. Move.

bear-butt.png
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    marshill88 wrote: »
    People were yelling in red letters but this over stuffed rotten fur bag wouldn't move.

[snip]

Yeah, pets in cities are annoying, I wish more people used addons like Lazy Writ Crafter (they automatically despawn pets when using crafting station).

[edited to remove baiting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on April 15, 2021 12:31PM
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a petsorc I always get rid of my scamp when in city. It is pretty simple: I press C and right-click on my scamp. Takes 2 seconds to do. To those with bears and matriarchs it seems to be a hardest task in ESO.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I respect my Bear's right to exist.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fortunately thanks to Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter I don't have to think about my pets anymore, the addon does it for me.

Lazy is good?

Wish others did too though. Embrace the lazy. Say no to obtrusive.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is always a way to click on something. The only time the bear actually got me to not click something, was when it was directly on a blacksmithing station.

Sorcerers pets don't ever really block anything, as stuff is always clickable around them.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    There is always a way to click on something. The only time the bear actually got me to not click something, was when it was directly on a blacksmithing station.

Sorcerers pets don't ever really block anything, as stuff is always clickable around them.

But those annoying asf wings though. Amarite?

• snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the "[...] yells: [Guild: Gay Rights]" really brought the whole scene together for me :D

jokes aside, it is very annoying indeed. personally i think it's griefing - at least when people intentionally stay there or go afk - and should be reported and punished.
    to me it's highly unlikely an inexperienced warden player would accidentally do this for more than like half a minute.

another sensible solution would be zos just forcing combat pets to auto-unsummon in cities or at least near writ dropoff, like e.g. the auto-dismount in certain areas.

PC EU
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »

But those annoying asf wings though. Amarite?

Yes, yes they are.

There are areas in the game that automatically 'despawn' my pets, it wouldn't be a bad idea to surround at the very least the writ 'handing' containers with such 'despawn field'.

Also small confined spaces where pets have a tendency to park themselves right on the door like the Solitude 'stores', bank etc. for instance.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could simply go out of first person and click the box from a different camera angle.

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or you could simply go out of first person and click the box from a different camera angle.

I always play on third person with high FOV for... 'situational awareness' (so to speak).

The 'little dance' around the bear to get the prompt to interact with the relevant activator gets old, it really does.

More so when five characters worth of writs later the bear is still parked there...
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    < There are areas in the game that automatically 'despawn' my pets, >

... those are called bugs and if they new how to reproduce them they'd be fixed LOL
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    < There are areas in the game that automatically 'despawn' my pets, >

... those are called bugs and if they new how to reproduce them they'd be fixed LOL

You say bug, I say feature ;)
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Criminal Act
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst thing is, many wardens know very well that their bear will block everything and they do it on purpose just to annoy players.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make it so the un-summoning the bear out of combat refunds the ultimate cost. The main reason I here warden players (after laziness) not wanting to un-summon there walking carpets is because they have to build up the ultimate again to re summon them.

That or add a picnic basket memento that you can use to lure the bears or even the other pets away from crafting areas and writ turn in points but can't be used within something like 10 - 20 meters of the crafting stations or writ turn in points or quest NPC's or guild traders, drawing every combat pet withing 100 meters to the location for 5 minutes or so or until their owner moves far enough away from the area of effect.

Also can't be used outside cities, that way you don't get people trolling people by luring away their pets when they are fighting in overland or get people use the memento for the opposite of what its intended by luring every pet insight to the writ turn in point etc...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Fortunately thanks to Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter I don't have to think about my pets anymore, the addon does it for me.

Lazy is good?

Wish others did too though. Embrace the lazy. Say no to obtrusive.

If the author allowed it to be disabled, that would be great. As it is, it is just malware, and I treat it as such. I selectively break that feature in LWC on all my accounts.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Just make it so the un-summoning the bear out of combat refunds the ultimate cost. The main reason I here warden players (after laziness) not wanting to un-summon there walking carpets is because they have to build up the ultimate again to re summon them.

[snip]

ZOS would sell you a solution to that for mere 3K crowns :wink:

• ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have closed this thread as there is already an active discussion on feral guardians blocking interactions here. In order to consolidate the discussion on this topic, we encourage you to continue to post about this topic in that thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.