The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PvP Templars skills tuned to stamina version

Vanos444
Vanos444
✭✭✭✭✭
The Stamplars have been underperforming, marked as a poor class, not viable in competitive contents, etc.

What I think stamplars needs, is a skill revamp of their base abilities like,
1. Raidaint Glory: stamina version of execute.
2. Blazing Shield: stamina version of shield.
3. Vampire Bane: stamina version of ranged dot.
4. Biting jabs: performs the same function as of puncturing sweeps, stamina version.

So, what do you guys thing..?
Do you agree that stamplars need some changes to enhance their performance in PvP or you feel it's fine the way it is... ( Excluding my changes for the skills)

Edit: My major focus is for PvP here in this post. I don't do PvE...ESO end game is PvP for me.
Edited by Vanos444 on April 15, 2021 8:07AM

PvP Templars skills tuned to stamina version 28 votes

Agree for the change
35% 10 votes
Disagree for the change
64% 18 votes
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could do 70k+ dps by only using biting jabs, no other skill - how is this not competitive?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »
    You could do 70k+ dps by only using biting jabs, no other skill - how is this not competitive?

It's true, however stamplars dmg being almost solely in jabs is kinda bad.
    Don't really aggree with blazing shield or radiant glory needs to be Stam, but at least a class based Stam dot, that's worth using would be nice.
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Don't really aggree with blazing shield or radiant glory needs to be Stam, but at least a class based Stam dot, that's worth using would be nice.

There is one class based DoT stamplar has though in Ritual of Retribution.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

When only one of those four hits actually hits your target in PvP -- and then only if you're lucky -- how is that competitive?

I haven't seen a second, third, or fourth blow from a single cast of jabs hit a guard in well over a year in Cyrodiil, and those mobs just stand there (not) taking it. Most players will of course attempt to reposition, making landing the skill an even dicier proposition.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »

There is one class based DoT stamplar has though in Ritual of Retribution.

I haven't seen any endgame stamplar pve build run RoR, outside of trash fights.
    And in pvp it's gonna be ER all the way anyway.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    The Stamplars have been underperforming, marked as a poor class, not viable in competitive contents, etc.

4. Biting jabs: performs the same function as of puncturing sweeps, stamina version.

Do you agree that stamplars need some changes to enhance their performance in PvP or you feel it's fine the way it is... ( Excluding my changes for the skills)

Edit: My major focus is for PvP here in this post. I don't do PvE...ESO end game is PvP for me.

I think Templar generally needs a lot of work in PvP, because I honestly hate it now. I have fought some deadly Templars who spam that sweeps or jabs move. So I'll admit they can be good if you want to revolve your character around that ability and play offensively. But if you don't want to do that, good luck getting it to do anything in PvP because you're going to need it. I've already quit mine. They should just rename the class the Jabplar or Sweepplar. It's dumb in my opinion and the class can't play defensively for crap. I always thought it was suppose to be like the paladin class of ESO. But it's not. At least not anymore.
    Edited by Jeremy on April 15, 2021 9:47AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Vanos444 wrote: »

I think Templar generally needs a lot of work in PvP, because I honestly hate it now. I have fought some deadly Templars who spam that sweeps or jabs move. So I'll admit they can be good if you want to revolve your character around that ability and play offensively. But if you don't want to do that, good luck getting it to do anything in PvP because you're going to need it. I've already quit mine. They should just rename the class the Jabplar or Sweepplar. It's dumb in my opinion and the class can't play defensively for crap. I always thought it was suppose to be like the paladin class of ESO. But it's not. At least not anymore.

Sums up the state of Templar atm.
    They even nerfed dark flare last patch, in case the 3 ppl that still played ranged magplar didn't want to convert to jabs spam.
    And the burning light nerf before that ensuring that you pretty much only proc it thru jabs now in pvp.
  • UnassumingNoob
    UnassumingNoob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar’s are in dire need of a rework.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to love your Stamplar and stick with it, there are a few who excel at it.
    Every time Templars get ahead multiple nerf Templar threads show up, always been that way only class that has gotten more nerf threads is sorc. We were sacrificed on the Warden's altar. :(
    Edited by TequilaFire on April 15, 2021 2:24PM
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The over all Design ideology for templar is confusing, like originally we were suppose to have a house, but that house was torn down and made into a necromancer, The class Really lacks the level of burst other classes have and i feel like that's one of my biggest issues with it. yes there is a certain level of utility with the ability to cleanse debuffs, but mobility is completely lacking on this class unless you directly build in it.