Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Trouble completing Blackest Sacrament, any advice?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
I heard that you can still kill people on the list even if they're not the assigned target for the Sacrament. I tried this today in the Sewer Tenement Sacrament. I need Dolwinora for the achievement, but she wasn't the target. I figured I could just find out her location from youtube videos (appeared to be the large room in the middle on the north side of the map, lower part of that room on the western side), and kill her there. I went there, but she was nowhere to be found. When I went to the place I saw her in the youtube video, she was replaced by a random NPC with one of those generic names. Killing this person did not tick Dolwinora off for the achievement.

So...did I do something wrong? Do I have to do things in a specific way to kill people who aren't my targets? Or is it just not possible to get someone if they're not the target you're given?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure you’ve been misinformed. If the person is not an assigned target for this specific sacrament, you won’t find them and can’t kill them obviously. They can be main and secondary targets though as far as I remember.

I think the targets are on a rotation. Even if not, you shouldn't skip a day, otherwise you might have to wait many days for certain NPCs to be on the target list again.
    Edited by Gralor on May 12, 2018 10:31AM
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i've been doing this achievement for some time and there are things i figured out. Hope it helps.

First, i agree with Blash, i've never seen listed people being killable without being primary or secondary target.

But the targets change every 6 hours. So you can check 4 times a day to see if you'll get the target you need.

Another good thing is, when you assassinate a target on your list, it counts for the achievement even before delivering quest. So you can just kill the target and abandon quest, come check again later the same day.

Yesterday i had 3 targets remaining. This morning i killed one of them and abandoned quest. Now i just checked again and luckily got another one. Killed and abandoned. Now i'm missing only one.
    PC|EU
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a RNG grind extraordinaire. I think it took me 3 months to fully wrap it up.

I have definitely seen people from the achievement list and killed them when they weren't the target, but it was pretty rare. I wouldn't bother running quests without useful targets listed on the offchance you get a target you need in the random NPC spawns.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Maridan
    Maridan
    Soul Shriven
    The target changes every 6 hours. So you can check 4 times a day to see if you'll get the target you need.

Is that actually true? They rotate every six hours?
    "He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

• varndsen
    varndsen
    Soul Shriven
    They rotate twice a day. I got so interested in how it all works that I wrote a guide to the achievement...it includes a full schedule of targets (both primary and secondary).

Check it out: http://www.typewriterstudio.com/eso-blackest-sacrament/
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.