The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

only cp1600 can join trial

heng14rwb17_ESO
heng14rwb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Is it true that now many grp require cp1600 in order to join their competitive trial ranking ?
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 11, 2021 10:09AM
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...No? CP was reworked to not have as much of an effect on your DPS as before, it shouldn't matter as much now past a certain point. Yes, there might be some super-sweaty score pushing groups that require you to have higher CP or run a specific build to benefit the group and maximize their DPS, but idk about "many grp"; I personally haven't seen any that required 1600 CP, your DPS was really the only concern. It's perfectly possible to achieve respectable DPS now at lower CP levels, and on the flip side I can attest to having many CP 1000+ players in PUG dungeon runs that were maybe pulling 7k DPS. At the end of the day, doing enough damage to not drag your group down is all that matters, and if you're looking for a more welcoming community to gain some practice with trials, I recommend joining a guild.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find better mates ...
    poke.gif

• LeonAkando
    LeonAkando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen one that high.
    Not uncommon to see people ask for 1,000 CP for Vet Trial groups. But that's an entire 600 CP less.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If that was true, I'd be the only one in a guild doing them. Thankfully it isn't.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only saw BRP fast run groups demanding 1000+ CP in zone chat. Try Craglorn PUGs.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am new here and have not raided. Heck, since I just hit CP300 and am very much still learning I expect I am far from being able to make a top raiding group.

However, in other MMORPGs I have played groups I raided with and lead that had high-level goals tended to have requirements. I expect the better-organized teams have more worthwhile measurements in mind.

Back when I rode horses we had a saying that you can't ride papers. A good player is a good player. I expect it is the same here.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.o truly the 1 percent then
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can complete ALL content with 0 CP. Anyone asking for ridiculous requirements are just trying to gatekeep and make it harder for people to join their group. If someone tells you you can't join their group because of XYZ, either join another or make your own. There's absolutely ZERO requirements for getting into and completing content.
    Edited by Djennku on April 11, 2021 6:11AM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine adding more cp at that end of the scale actually makes any difference to combat performance. That's 533cp per tree. 4 slottable passives take 200cp at most. Does it take 333cp to max out all the non-slottable passives? Maybe they want you to be super flexible with your slots, switching out passives mid fight to maximise performance :)
    PC | EU
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine adding more cp at that end of the scale actually makes any difference to combat performance. That's 533cp per tree. 4 slottable passives take 200cp at most. Does it take 333cp to max out all the non-slottable passives? Maybe they want you to be super flexible with your slots, switching out passives mid fight to maximise performance :)

If they think you can swap mid-fight, they’re in for a rude awakening! You can’t even swap out of combat without a 30-second cooldown. XD

CP reqs can definitely be about more than just wanting certain stars filled. While the CP value required to maximize a role statistically with CP 2.0 is higher compared to CP 1.0, it’s worth remembering that CP is not just an indicator of how many actives and passives one can take. It’s a measure of how much progress you’ve made in game. And while having 1600 CP is no guarantee at all that one is an amazing tank/heals/dps, especially since one can achieve that number in other ways (e.g. on a crafter with master writs or on alts via questing), it is much more likely that a CP 1600 will know what they are doing in terms of their role in a group than someone with a fraction of that CP. Personally I don’t think it justifies the arbitrary number when there are much better ways of ensuring one can meet performance expectations, but it could be used as an imprecise initial form of gatekeeping above and beyond the statistical gains provided by CP.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

130 CP mitigation passives, 200 CP dmg passives, 250 CP slottable actives, 580 CP for blue tree. At least this is when I will feel that my sorc has finished his PvE DD vertical progression.
    Edited by zvavi on April 11, 2021 7:29AM
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say it'd take far more than 333 cp to max out non-slottable passives Alcast guide keeps the same slottable passives and goes till at least 2200 CP. I'm at CP 1200 and have 4 slottables and still don't have anywhere near all the non slottables. That being said think requesting people have theirs this high would be ridiculous.
    Edited by ZaroktheImmortal on April 11, 2021 8:05AM
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless ZOS makes the level gain progression even easier you won't be seeing too many people of this level for quite awhile.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? Now that is a bit extreme. :neutral:

Not certain, but quite sure the majority of players are under 1000CP.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    After reading through all the reply,this is roughly the view:
    High CP players most likely has already gone through many trials.
    Hence people will most probably has high confidence in high CP players.
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why people get so hung up on high CP points. When my current lvl 17 warden hits lvl 50, he'll immediately be CP1320. He will have done very little, currently he's fishing lol. Would you really want him in your group. No you wouldn't cause he'll have no experience. And he wouldn't want to group with anyone hung up on CP points anyway. It's about skill, not numbers.