Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which Zone Do You Spend The Most Time In? (Fixed)

Partomax
Partomax
✭✭✭
Looking for Riches & Glory through fishing? Just like to do it for fun? Either way |H1:guild:690574|hAnglers of Tamriel|h is the guild for you! With us you'll never be alone when you go out fishing! Enjoy the company and the bonus of fishing with a friend :)

I often think about which zones have the most activity. It is useful information for all zone chat utilities, LFG, Selling, Guild Recruitment. Naturally Craglorn comes to mind, everyone knows craglorn is king, but what about other zones? Personally I find craglorn ugly and so whenever I'm not using zonechat I spend my down time in Auridon. Vulkhel Guard is quite a hotstop, I've always wondered if only for AD and if other alliances have their own low level zones as a hotspot, maybe Stonefalls and Glenumbra? Deshaan, Stormhaven and Grathwood I think might also have a large number of people due to the guild stores there. Anyways, we'll see! Here's the Poll:

(Due to the poll limit I can't place all the zones individually, so if your answer is a group please comment the specifics)
PC/EU - This is a signature

Which Zone Do You Spend The Most Time In? (Fixed) 230 votes

Craglorn
3%
TX12001rwb17_ESOBrrrofskitigerborn62LadislaoDeathbat219GOAT4EVARkayluhh19 7 votes
Cyrodiil
9%
Iruil_ESOKitLightningDTStormfoxAdernathReverbZer0_CooLNordSwordnBoardgeonsocalGreasytenguTrinotopsJierdanitMinnesotaKidoXI_Viper_IXovesselwiththepestledanthemann5QaghIngrollakillerninja6Bucky_13L_Nici 22 votes
Outside Nirn - Coldharbour, Artaeum
0%
MurderMostFoul 1 vote
Expansion Zones - Elsweyr,Western Skyrim, Morrowind, Summerset
46%
DarcyMardinWuffyCeruleiCyberOnEsoDanikatDarlonGnatrakAldia_of_DrangleicElsonsoVexariusMadhojoEvergnarOlauronIluvrienJenziMorimizokuma82avswagegartonVulsahdaalArcVelarian 106 votes
DLC Zones - You know em'
3%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOJD2013DinsjreZaryinArgonianwerecroc212LoneStar2911LashanW 7 votes
Starter Zones - Auridon, Glenumbra, Stonefalls
6%
wenchmore420b14_ESOHastempingpatb16_ESOFolkbAstironGeneral_ZeranthPuzzlenutsSynodicOraclePartomaxBisDasBlutGefriertSylaeCrazyprophetCheyenneoldbobdude 14 votes
Alliance Capitals - Grathwood, Stormhaven, Deshaan
19%
MojmirBelegnolewheresbesphaneub17_ESOOreyn_BearclawErgeleAzaharysZenzukiLarianaLadyLethallamenedhynAlpharos7Alpheu5GiantFruitFlyIcy_WafflesYamiKurukuAcadianPaladinShewolf075Princess_CiriH3rBie 44 votes
Other Alliance Zones - You know em'
5%
SalmeynaSevalaricgirlArchMikemWolfkeksTommy_The_Gunaltunit21GreenseaIrishLassyPeacatchernihirisutouSjubutterrum222FangOfTheTwoMoons 13 votes
Other - Just in case I forgot something (or you never left Eyevea)
6%
ThorntongueAlurriaLisaApoAlaiaSilverBrideTandorGoregrinderEedatSeaGtGruffspartaxoxojoergingerBradyfjordcynicalbutterflyViewsfrom6ixRedMuseThorianB 16 votes
  • Túrin_Vidsmidr
    Túrin_Vidsmidr
    ✭✭✭
    Vivec GOD TIER. No loadscreen. Crafting and banking-trading. Stable master. Silt strider ASMR. Impresario.
    The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summerset

Most gorgeous place on Nirn, it is like magnet, can't leave :D
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset, always Summerset for every character.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A whole variety of overland zones, depending on the characters I'm playing and the quests they're on. I'll mainly use Vulkhel Guard, Daggerfall and Davon's Watch for crafting and stables but only on a casual basis.
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournhold, by far.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dungeons.

I spend the most time these days inside dungeons.

That stickerbook ain't filling itself, no sir no it isn't.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Northern Elsweyr, Summerset - crafting daily writs, daily delves and Worldbosses for rare furnishing mat rewards.
    Lately also the Reach for furnishing plans and Arkhtanz Sprocket.

Edited by markulrich1966 on April 8, 2021 9:38AM
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Starter Zones - Auridon, Glenumbra, Stonefalls
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Dungeons.

My bad, I should have mentioned this referred to the time you spend outside of dungeons/trials. So like, actual ingame zones you can see on the map. Sorry ;p
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My houses
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 8, 2021 9:52AM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Partomax wrote: »
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Dungeons.

My bad, I should have mentioned this referred to the time you spend outside of dungeons/trials. So like, actual ingame zones you can see on the map. Sorry ;p

Oops... in that case I'm going to say Summerset.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll still go for

Loading Screen

:wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vvardenfell is home. To all of my characters. Always.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vivec City for convenience, Summerset for beauty (and also convenient crafting).
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    18 characters do daily crafting writs in Mournhold.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset. :) It's a very beautiful zone and all the crafting stations are close to each other for fast and easy daily writs.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It always depends a lot on my mood where I'm going and what I am doing.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other Alliance Zones - You know em'
    Shadowfen:
    - Not many people like this zone and as a result it is not overpopulated.
    - Least "laggy" zone in the game ^.
    - It has a house near to all crafting station and crafting boards & a bank.
    - House itself is quite cheap vs furnishings slots (if you don't mind the architecture that is ;) )
    - Zone has a certain charm to it. There is no other zone in the game like this.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 8, 2021 10:57AM
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rimmen, something about it. Just feels pleasant and conveniant.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all over the map. Each of my characters have their own story and personality and I try to have them in zones that makes sense to them.

My main, a vamp sorc, is based in Shornhelm in Rivenspire because she's allied with House Ravenwatch. My Khajiit necro is in Rimmen in Elsweyr because it's her homeland and she's loathed to leave now she's finally rid it of its invaders. My Dunmer warden is an Ashlander exiled from her clan, currently wandering Tamriel, she switches zones as a result but is never to be found in Vvardenfell, Stonefalls or Deshaan as a result. And that's just three of them.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vivec for crafting writs and meeting up with buddies, Western Skyrim/The Reach/Blackreach and Northern Elsweyr for the ambience and dailies.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still setup in Rawl for writs just because everything is together including the stable master
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everywhere! My favorite zones change depending on what I'm doing. What is weird is how nervous I am in Murkmire. Maybe I spent too much time in the southern half of the US. Swamps are scary places, thank goodness they didn't string spider webs through all the trees and make you covered in leeches when wadeing in water. But I have been trying to spend time in this zone anyway.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    18 characters do daily crafting writs in Alinor.

Other than that once I clear a zone I only really go back for daily quests that interest me, to visit guild traders and do surveys in most cases.
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset, it's absolutely breathtaking. Alinor for all my crafting and banking. I'll travel all day while I quest, fish etc.. but I always port back to Alinor before logging on all my characters.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically i spend the most time in Vivec City but most of my time isn't spent in Vivec City. I am all over the place depending on what i am doing and what character i am doing it on.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reposting from the other topic:

I think my answer would have to be Alinor. I have 7 characters and most of them move around regularly based on what they're doing at the time, but my crafter is the exception - he only leaves the city to do surveys and buy stuff from traders so the majority of his time is spent in Alinor.

It's actually a lucky coincidence that Alinor has a convenient layout for crafting. I moved him there because his backstory is that he's a retired soldier who wanted to move somewhere quiet. He lived in Vulkhel Guard for years before moving to Alinor when they opened the borders (aka when Summerset came out), but I'd have done that regardless of the crafting setup. Unless of course it didn't have writs or crafting stations (or a bank) because that would make it impossible.

Most of my other characters do have a "home" city they go back to more often than any other single location, but it's still only when they're moving between areas or activities, otherwise they just go to the closest place with the services they need. Like my crafter they're all chosen for story reasons rather than gameplay.
    For my khajiit (who left Elseweyr when the Dominion moved in) it's Evermore.
    For my breton it's Daggerfall.
    My argonian lives in Bal Foyen.
    My dunmer (who moved to Summerset as a child) is currently based in Vulkhel Guard but at some point will move to Alinor.
    Then my nord and bosmer don't have home because they move around too much - The nord is a mercenary (aka tank I only use for dungeons and events) and the bosmer...tends to upset people if he stays in one place too long. There's only so much unexplained death the locals will tolerate.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivec city
    then Stonefalls - usually around Vivec's Antlers coral
    then Mournhold
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivec City
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivec GOD TIER. No loadscreen. Crafting and banking-trading. Stable master. Silt strider ASMR. Impresario.

This. All my characters on both accounts, both PC megaservers "live" in the crafting area in Vivec (well, the babies live at the riding stable until they max riding).

I take them out of Vvardenfell a lot though, to quest in other zones, to farm, to explore.... but every day starts in Vivec.
  • Lisa
    Lisa
    ✭✭✭
    My main is all caught up, so she tends to wander all over completing dailies, harvesting resources, and answering calls for help in guild chat.
    Blessed are those who explore the unbeaten path...