Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New CP system - enough to change me from tank to DPS

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hypothetical:

With the new CP system, if maxed and slotted correctly, would I be able to move to becoming more DPS like from a Tank or healer? Or vice versa?
I know usually 64 points are slotted into stam, mag, or health. but even with that, if I place my CPs optimally - is it enough? or even close.

Interested to hear the thought....

Btw (not even close to 3600....it will be a journey)
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cp is the last thing that matters for increasing dps. The dps difference between 0 cp and 3600cp is only about 20% currently and they plan to nerf it more. No matter how much cp you currently have, you can already pull good numbers with your tank as long as you change gear and skills. I use addon to change setups and can do any role in any content with 1 character. Unless you're min maxer world class score pusher, dont worry about cp, the buffs are so weak. Good rotation and knowing mechanics is king.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He’s right. I hate alts and I am primarily a tank. (Nord, 64 attributes into health). I swap the stuff that is free to move around (gear, skills, mundus, food) and I’m a passible DPS. And I’m only at about 1,200 CP. Almost all of it is into tank stuff.

Now super sweaty trial guilds won’t go for it. But it’s enough to earn approval pugging vet dungeons.
    Edited by BejaProphet on April 4, 2021 11:23AM
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Good rotation and knowing mechanics is king." - @Kurat @BejaProphet - 100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what about on a smaller scale - trying to swap between stam to magicka dps? CP points alone from what you've both shared won't cut it. But could it give me more flexibility to get there?
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem you may hit is when you try swapping in ways that require different skill morphs.