The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

secrets of soloing Vaults of Madness?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Well, that turned out to be a gong show...Stupid soul Reaver boss.

First of all it kept stunning me for 10 seconds. And then healing.
I can't break free. Is there a way?
My health was fine, but is that 10 second freeze that kills me. Like GroundHog Day.

What is the trick?!

Help?

Tanks,

Z

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't break free of the stun, so HOTs, DOTs and shields are your friend. As for the heal, she's like a normal harvester in that regard, so kill the orbs she spawns before they reach her.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have to make sure you have enough ground dots/aoes to outlast being suspended in the air and still damaging the orbs before they reach her. You get a feel for the timing of that phase, so you recast your aoes right before it happens.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some unbreakable stuns are breakable with Precognition (Psijic ult) because you can cast them while being stunned. It used to work with Blackheart Haven final boss when he stuns you and turns you into a skeleton for example.

For this boss I think you get stunned too often to have your ult up again so it might be a case of keeping AOEs on her with Ring of the Pale order so you get constant healing.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

10 second stun is insane!
    And they happen quite often.

So I need to kill the orbs and just enjoy the 10 second ride.
    I am definitely not putting out enough DOT.
    All my AOE are healing...time for a change.

Suggestions for my dear Templar?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't break free of the stun, so HOTs, DOTs and shields are your friend. As for the heal, she's like a normal harvester in that regard, so kill the orbs she spawns before they reach her.

I ran this last night for the first time so I am not experienced there. Do the orbs spawn before the stun starts or after it ends?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually soloed this on Vet recently to get the no death achievement.

The trick for the Harvester is to keep AOEs on the ground at all times. I was on sorc, so I also had boundless storm up at all times. Crit surge and Pale Order as well. Both kept me topped off on health while immobile.

WOE and Boundless were enough to kill the orbs. And then it is just a matter of burning as much health as possible between stuns.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pale Order....guess I'd better get scrying....
    Then I can put away the resto staff...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The trick for the Harvester is to keep AOEs on the ground at all times.
    agree.gif

Make sure you have a long lasting AOE on the ground before you enter the stun phase.
    This will kill the orbs before they can get to her and heal her.

And make sure you are shielded/buffed enough to survive the stun. If you have access to a armor set that buffs health, like Beekeeper or Plague Doctor, you might want to switch to that for this boss.
    shades.gif