Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blackwood Prologue - Your thoughts? *Spoiler*

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
What did you make of it?

Note spoilers will be in this thread!

For me personly there was a lot of running back and forth for little reward. The usual plot we have to uncover....
Mehrunes Realm was done really well even though we just got a glimpse, and the statue of Mehrunes looked really badass.
Found it really weird that the Daedric prince of destruction would just make you a portal and let you go after the final fight.. He's the master of destruction afterall.. Seemed out of place.

These are my thoughts..

What did you make of the prologue?
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Oblivion portals can be closed solo, and what rewards they will have. They better be something enjoyable, not like Harrowstorms or Dragons! :s

I liked that companions can use our mounts and costumes.

I was also intrigued by dark senche mount with red special effects, shown briefly during the gameplay trailer. After rewatching it multiple times, I'm 99,9% sure that it's Bloodroot Senche, supposed Radiant Apex mount from upcoming return of Wild Hunt crates (this is just a guess after seeing some datamines) :o

Very disappointed that they didn't proudly show collector's edition mount. It makes me think that this mount won't have much special effects or something :/ Maybe they will show it tomorrow, cause PTS is too far away...

...Yes, I'm mostly interested in all mount-related things :D
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was neat going to see oblivion realm, but it was just a small linear path and fight. Maybe just a way to see the upcoming aesthetics.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well it is full of plot-holes, it is called "A Mortals Touch" but you see the Vestige is not a mortal being, they have not been a mortal being since they were were sacrificed to Molag Bal and had a new body given to them made from the Azure Plasm found in Coldharbour which is why they can revive whenever they are killed, it is even mentioned in the book Chaotic Creatia: The Azure Plasm, this is the same material the Daedra are made from so this "ward" should effect you the same as it effects Lyranth, your just as immortal as she is.

This is a paragraph from that book:

His theory is that the Soul Shriven's bodies are flawed because they have lost the focusing principle of their Anuic souls, so their vestiges are imperfect patterns. I concurred that this was likely, and then proposed the theoretical possibility of a Soul Shriven who, despite having lost his or her soul, possessed some other intrinsic Anuic aspect. This shall-we-say "paragon" Soul Shriven would form an unflawed body in Coldharbour that was a perfect duplicate of the body worn in Mundus. In fact, if this paragon bore a sufficiently high Anuic valence, upon contact with Padomaic creatia its body would form almost instantaneously.

It seems like ZOS forgot there is a lore-reason the protagonist can return to life, there is even a quest in the DC area where the villain discovers what you are and that they cannot kill you.

And especially As a Vampire main I absolutely hate my Blood Scion who can self-resurrect being called a "Little Mortal" by some lowly Dremora who would otherwise end up as food if she were the enemy.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on March 31, 2021 9:42PM
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 3:45PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prologue is available!? Welp time to log in.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Argonian dude yet... I do wonder if ZOS placed him in the trailer by mistake and if we will ever see him...

Kinda disappointed :|
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Argonian dude yet... I do wonder if ZOS placed him in the trailer by mistake and if we will ever see him...

We will see him, but he gets killed within the first 5 minutes.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 20min of a 1hr55 stream that showed any preview were good. I'm a bit concerned about future companions being something they "might" add in the future, not something they "will" be adding in the future.

Hopefully the ESO live tomorrow is a bit more enjoyable.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was neat going to see oblivion realm, but it was just a small linear path and fight. Maybe just a way to see the upcoming aesthetics.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Was expecting something similar to Greymoor's prologue which introduced the little mini zone of Blackreach under Eastmarch.

Also anyone else feel like Eveli doesn't recognize us like.... At all until we really start digging into the side dialogue?
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    The prologue is available!? Welp time to log in.

Yes, go play it :smiley:
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hum. As always now :

"OMG THERE IS A WORLD CONSPIRACY THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR"

"WATCH OUT FOR THOS INSANE CULTITS"

* two shots cultists*

"WATCH OUT FOR THIS POWERFUL DEAMON"

* two shots deamon *

"THE BOSS WILL KILL YOU, FLEE"

* three shots boss *

* shrugs *
    Even Merunes Dagon let you leave because he doens't want to be 3 shoted :P
    Edited by Sarousse on April 1, 2021 8:28AM
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Completed it maybe a week ago, and the only one question a have is why Lyranth has patches while her cheekbones lack of spikes?

P.S. For the rest I am satisfied.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Hum. As always now :

"OMG THERE IS A WORLD CONSPIRACY THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR"

"WATCH OUT FOR THOS INSANE CULTITS"

* two shots cultists*

"WATCH OUT FOR THIS POWERFUL DEAMON"

* two shots deamon *

"THE BOSS WILL KILL YOU, FLEE"

* three shots boss *

* shrugs *
    Even Merunes Dagon let you leave because he doens't want to be 3 shoted :P

Why is this so true😭
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just started prologue. Feels underwhelming. I met Lyranth before several times, and she acts as if she do not recognize me. Yes, she says that mortals are all the same to her, but I bet, that since protagonist ended Molag Bal threat, she must remember atleast him/her, or she has a memory of goldfish. Same with Evely. One moment she acts if I am a stranger, next moment her brother says she talks about me all the time. Also, whole plot with ward chests feels confusing, and full of holes.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not expecting to meet that Argonian.

The Imperial woman in the trailer represents the player character. The Argonian represents her Companion. They're like the Nord, Breton and Altmer Adventurers from the original base-game trailers, we're never going to see them in-game.

PC EU
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really find Lyranth and Evelin annoying
    Edited by Snowstrider on April 1, 2021 9:49AM
  • hondelink
    hondelink
    ✭✭✭
    Wondering why I should fear the dark brotherhood coming after me when I am the silencer/assassin/executioner
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ard Сaddah is also a member of the Long House dynasty. He must also know at least something about Ambition. Therefore, it would be logical if Vestige would teleport to him in the fortress and ask him. But the plot completely ignores this possibility.

Just like we are looking for the Meridia cultist on Summerset to summon her. Although we can also talk to her in Coldharbour in her temple.
    Edited by Parasaurolophus on April 1, 2021 11:11AM
    PC/EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. I have one expectation (that most likely will be shattered):

Remember how Elsweyr year long story brought a lot of Khajiit stuff ? Lore, quests, NPCs, different types of Khajiits. They were the real star of that year. Not Necromancer, not Dragons - Those were Khajiit that got almost all possible attention. If you were a cat fan and you liked Khajiits, it must have been some kind of dream come true scenario - to finally go & explore Khajiti homeland in Elder Scroll game.

I would like to see same level of attention & possibility to explore playable race's homeland, but this time done to Argonians. To finally be able to visit Black Marsh and see at least majority of it, in an official Elder Scroll game.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 1, 2021 11:02AM
  • Madhojo
    Madhojo
    ✭✭✭
    Same generic boring missions in the same generic places I've already been filled with just a ton of randos running around doing the same mission as you. The worst part of ESO is the missions, characters/story, and how they instance nothing so youre constantly crowded by other players.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hondelink wrote: »
    Wondering why I should fear the dark brotherhood coming after me when I am the silencer/assassin/executioner

That part was really weird too lol
  • Grey_Wanderer
    Grey_Wanderer
    ✭✭✭
    hondelink wrote: »

I had the Executioner title on the entire time during the quest. I kept trying to point out that we are contractors; just because we kill Person A doesn't mean we'll then go after Person B because they're connected. If Sithis wants you, you're his. Otherwise, we've got better things to do. ;)
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this one has to say is that the mini-skirt+halter top look on the 'soldiers' really has to stop.

They appeared more Mehrune's harem than his army and his one was ROFL not quaking with fear.

Edited by Coatmagic on April 1, 2021 12:03PM
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orion_89 wrote: »
    Completed it maybe a week ago, and the only one question a have is why Lyranth has patches while her cheekbones lack of spikes?

P.S. For the rest I am satisfied.

Why shouldn't she look like that? She's a daedra, does she even have a fixed form or just a preferred appearance? Maybe it's te daedric version of getting a haircut?
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyranth's line about evil and ants was powerful. Liked that a lot.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Zephiran23
    Zephiran23
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have run into the static timeline problem again. As mentioned above, for those who've completed the Dark Brotherhood and Reach quest lines we shouldn't be quite as stupid as some of the dialogue choices make out.

Also the delves. I was under the strong impression that I'd cleared out the Covenant soldiers and closed their portal. Yet there's still a character outside saying Dominion soldiers will be arriving shortly and plenty of Covenant soldiers inside.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zephiran23 wrote: »
    We have run into the static timeline problem again. As mentioned above, for those who've completed the Dark Brotherhood and Reach quest lines we shouldn't be quite as stupid as some of the dialogue choices make out.

Also the delves. I was under the strong impression that I'd cleared out the Covenant soldiers and closed their portal. Yet there's still a character outside saying Dominion soldiers will be arriving shortly and plenty of Covenant soldiers inside.

That covenant soldier part lol...

> you're not a covenant soldier. You're you.
    > most Bretons, Orcs and Redguards: WELL ACTUALLY I AM, MY DEAR MISS SHARP-ARROW

Duh. Writers goofed hard on this one. Instead of a covenant soldier, could have been You're not one of those covenant soldier group inside the dungen. Yes, I'm not.
    Edited by CaptainVenom on April 1, 2021 1:55PM
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zephiran23 wrote: »

That covenant soldier part lol...

> you're not a covenant soldier. You're you.
    > most Bretons, Orcs and Redguards: WELL ACTUALLY I AM, MY DEAR MISS SHARP-ARROW

Duh. Writers goofed hard on this one. Instead of a covenant soldier, could have been You're not one of those covenant soldier group inside the dungen. Yes, I'm not.

Just for that line, I proceeded to make my way through the dungeon on my main—who is very much a Covenant Soldier— without drawing my weapon so much as to heal myself against my comrades in arms.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, did anyone else have Lyranth change costumes halfway through. She was in her nice new outfit for Blackwood, and then halfway through changed into her normal base-game Daedric Robes.
    Edited by ealdwin on April 1, 2021 2:06PM