The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

High Power Usage

chrystalheartb14_ESO
I've been trying to resolve issues with my PC maxing CPU, maxing GPU, and having high power usage (when eso is running). After playing with my settings for a while, I got the CPU & GPU into manageable numbers, but my power usage is still high. Any idea what I should look at for this? This is what I'm running:

CARE1: CPU Thermal Compound - Our Cooler Master MASTERGEL High Performance Thermal Compound can improve cooling performance as well as prolong the life of your CPU. CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-9900K 3.60GHZ 16MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151
CS_FAN: Default case fans
FAN: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (Intel)
FREEBIE_SSD: 3TB (3TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
HDD: 1TB WD Black™ SN750 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3470/3000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 515/560k (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 64GB (16GBx4) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (Performance Memory by Major Brands)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Prime Z390-P ATX w/ WiFi 802.11AC RGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair RM Series RM850 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster ZX 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCIe Sound Card w/Multi-channel surround, SBX Pro Studio, Sound Core3D Processor & Audio Control Module VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

Thanks

Jen
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @chrystalheartb14_ESO

The performance troubleshooting linked below can help with the issues you're having with the GPU and CPU.

What can I do if I am having performance or framerate issues while playing ESO on PC?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to resolve issues with my PC maxing CPU, maxing GPU, and having high power usage (when eso is running). After playing with my settings for a while, I got the CPU & GPU into manageable numbers, but my power usage is still high. Any idea what I should look at for this?

If you don't need high frame rates you can cap your frame rate, but only by messing with the config file directly as far as I am aware. Quite why it doesn't have a UI control is a mystery to me.

On my main box I run with 4K display I cap the frame rate to 30fps and that keeps power and noise really low. Given the game has 100ms lag on basic actions even on a good day, and frequently far more, plus 'one skill and one attack per second' limits it's not like a high fps is a big deal.
    Too many toons not enough time