Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox performance issues since last update

FaceDancer
FaceDancer
✭✭
Hi, since the last update I have a lot of issues and crashes especially related with the inventory, like when open, deposit or withdraw in the bank and guild bank or when repairing my equipment, or when learning new recipes.
On all the above cases the screen frozen and in some cases the game crashe and closes.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 21, 2021 6:11PM
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also on xbox (EU), and I'm also experiencing a 5ish second pause to take one item out of the bank. Eating food or a potion out of inventory takes a few seconds too, whereas the same item eaten from the quick slot wheel is instant.

Also trials are fxcked. Adds don't spawn in but can kill you.

Don't let me get started on the constant awareness that I might have to change green tree slottables at any point - see a cornflower? Check that my master gatherer and plentiful harvest are slotted. Oh there's a chest - switch out to treasure hunter. I have enough cp to slot these all permanently why do I have to shuffle them around all the time?
    Edited by Ishtarknows on March 18, 2021 12:08AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are experiencing frame rate and freezing issues, try the troubleshooting steps in the article below.

What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on Xbox One?

You can contact customer support for additional help if the troubleshooting does not improve your game performance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    I've been experiencing the same issues since the new update. I'm on Xbox One, EU. I have followed all the troubleshooting steps meticulously and yet, was still experiencing long delays/frozen screens with the following:

Removing/adding anything in my inventory, using any consumables, deposit/withdrawal from bank and chests, repairing armor, fencing and selling.

Dungeons, trials, battlegrounds however and heavy populated PvP/PvE areas run smoothly.

What seems to work the best for me is to clear your Xbox cache.

Below are the steps on how to do that, hope it helps.

How to clear your Xbox One cache:

1. Turn off your Xbox One using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox One has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox One. Note that the power cord is the cord furthest to the left on the back of your Xbox One console. The HDMI cable and other connections can remain plugged in without affecting the cache.

3. Wait a minute, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox One console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One, watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on.

Your Xbox One's cache should now be clear, and it should run more smoothly.

Repeat when needed.
    Edited by Sylianwe on March 23, 2021 4:04AM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not just a Xbox thing the same for PS and clearing cache didn't help at all for me. Log off and completely close the game every hour now because it seems the longer I play the worse it gets.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • Konstanz
    Konstanz
    also having these issues, did clear cache, no improvement. Xbox updates/ controller updates up to date for firmware and the like.
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
    • 99 little bugs in the code
    • 99 little bugs
    • Take one out, pass it around
    • 287,439 bugs in the code
    🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶