The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Game just vanishes!

cyberjanet
cyberjanet
✭✭✭✭✭
PC EU. One second I'm in the game, playing, next second I'm on the desktop. Normally when the game crashes one has some kind of warning or visual effect, or you get thrown back to a login screen. Suddenly, it's magically sucked into oblivion and just not there. It's happened twice now, and not while doing anything special. Just running along. Most recent was running to a wayshrine in Craglorn on my magsorc. I really have no idea what info I can give you to help solve this most mysterious of mysteries.
Edited by ZOS_Chiroptera on March 21, 2021 5:51PM
Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on Windows you can pull up the Event Viewer which should have a log for the event even if the game-clients crash reporter doesn't come up.

If nothing else is available the log from there might contain something to help the devs track down a repro/fix!
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    This started happening to me after the last patch, just as cyberjanet stated there is no blue screen, no error, no weird sound or anything that you would expect from a crash.

Your playing the game one minute and the next your on the desktop looking at the play button on the client.
  • MadnessCalms
    MadnessCalms
    ✭✭
    I have experienced the same since the Flames of Ambition patch.

ESO was always prone to random crashes for me on both my previous system and current one, anytime I played for over an hour in a row there was a chance of a crash(though the timing varied greatly, could occur after an hour of playtime, could occur after 3 hours of playtime, totally unpredictable). However it would generally kick me to the character select and force me to wait several minutes until my character was logged from the game before I could re-enter.

However now, though the timing is still the same, it just makes the game totally vanish instead. On the bright side, I can now usually re-enter the game as soon as I've logged in, rather than waiting for my character to time out.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on Windows you can pull up the Event Viewer which should have a log for the event even if the game-clients crash reporter doesn't come up.

If nothing else is available the log from there might contain something to help the devs track down a repro/fix!

Took your advice. I was able to track the time down from a discord post to the guild, and there is a log 3 minutes before that.
    Doesn't seem very useful though, but I'll post it just in case:
    The description for Event ID 1903 from source HHCTRL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45839

The request is not supported
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    They fixed 3 various crashes in the patch on 22nd March, let's hope this was one of the ones fixed.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @cyberjanet

We recommend going through the basic crash troubleshooting found in the help article linked below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post