Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Crash that affected laptop

merevie
merevie
✭✭✭✭✭
Riding pony
Whole screen went Window's blue, and shut down the way they did back in the 80s -that blue flash in the middle as it went out.
Would not restart. Twice.
Restarted. ESO still in background at character menu.
Logged in to find toon still riding pony.

There's the game crashing -fine.
But the game crashing my laptop so it can't restart? Not Fine.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 16, 2021 6:31PM
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say that its more likely to be an instability in the os or drivers or hardware. I would suggest either to update or roll back gpu drivers if you have recently updated them or if they have been updated by windows update. Make sure your laptop is not overheating if you over clocking the gpu ir cpu then you should return the clock back to the base clock. stop codes can be notoriously difficult to fault find.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @merevie

Our help article linked below has some troubleshooting that can help when dealing with performance issues on a laptop.

What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on my laptop?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've not already done so then it's worth testing it with 3D mark (the free one) and something like Prime95 blend mode to see if they also make it fall over. Checking the CPU and GPU temperature readings while playing might also give clues.

Too many toons not enough time
  • tepav
    tepav
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @merevie

Our help article linked below has some troubleshooting that can help when dealing with performance issues on a laptop.

What do I do if ESO is having performance issues on my laptop?

No it doesn't! Your "article" just links to an NVidia article which is nearly useless, and to an AMD "submit a ticket" link which is completely useless.