The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Frequent crashes on fast travel or travel to player, and logging out of instances

doesurmindglow
doesurmindglow
✭✭✭✭✭
This has occurred regularly since the patch where it largely didn't before. Porting to another player, queuing for dungeons or Cyrodiil, and sometimes logging out will produce a crash to desktop.

I've started a github to log these crashes, here is the most recent: https://github.com/doesurmindglow/eso-6.3.5-crashes/blob/main/2021-03-16-1

Issue persists after reloading and disabling add-ons, and after clearly shadercache.cooked and UserSettings.
Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearing* not clearly
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @doesurmindglow

Have you went through any of the troubleshooting steps in the article below?

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jenadara
    Jenadara
    ✭✭
    This has occurred regularly since the patch where it largely didn't before. Porting to another player, queuing for dungeons or Cyrodiil, and sometimes logging out will produce a crash to desktop.

I've started a github to log these crashes, here is the most recent: https://github.com/doesurmindglow/eso-6.3.5-crashes/blob/main/2021-03-16-1

Issue persists after reloading and disabling add-ons, and after clearly shadercache.cooked and UserSettings.

Same thing is happening to me. Especially zoning.
    It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it. ... George Carlin
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I hoped it would be fixed by the incremental patch, but it seems to have persisted.

I did try all the troubleshooting steps, including repairing my installation, and disabling all add-ons. The problem remains, and I can't tell if disabling add-ons even reduces the frequency. It seems to occur regardless, always when changing zones or instances (ie. entering a delve or dungeon, or porting within a zone using Travel to Player).
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jenadara are you by chance using the Mac client?

I just realized when reading your comment that I technically posted this in the wrong forum, as I use the Mac client of ESO. But this problem does appear to be common and replicable by other Mac client users.
  • Jenadara
    Jenadara
    ✭✭
    I'm not mac. PC
    It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it. ... George Carlin
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. Good to know, thanks
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

PC player, both NA and EU, noting LOTs of crashes, and no error messages; the whole game just "is gone". I mean it's the fastest logout times ever, but not on purpose. It has happened to me when:

Traveling to an instance or player
    Standing next to a wayshine while planning to go or after having arrived
    Re-speccing skills
    Re-speccing champion points
    Looking at my character sheet
    Walking over from getting the "daily crafting writs" but not yet having gotten to a crafting table.

If there is a pattern here, I'm not seeing it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone who has went through the crash troubleshooting and still has issues, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post