The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why is the ping so high today even at 4am on PVE?

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
At first I obviously thought that it was a problem at my end, but then I started doing lots of tests to the connection and found out that my internet service is, in fact, amazing at this moment. I tried it with a couple of older routers, just to be sure, but nothing solves it. The ping on the game is constantly above 400. Why is the ping so high today even at 4am on PVE? I'm now on Greenshade with no other player at sight and the ping is around 480?

I didn't change any hardware or anything on my system recently and usually the ping is 100.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 21, 2021 6:30PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I disabled all addons and running processes that start with the system and spent a spent a couple of hours just fishing alone on remote regions while I was monitoring the network usage. I noticed that the game rarely uses more than 0,1Mbps and even with 100Mbps free to use, the ping raises above 400 many times.

Then I went to Alik'r, to an anchor with more players and ping raised to 999+ while the game was still using 0,1Mbps. This is weird.

Anyway... I did everything suggested in the link and it didn't change anything. Once again, I'll contact my ISP to ask if they are limiting the access to ESO, but I already imagine the answer. But maybe they are blocking it, it's really really weird to see that the ping raises so much while the game or anything else ever uses more than 0,1Mbps on a 100Mbps line.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't cope and never has. Search this topic in the forum then resign yourself to your fate when you see the dates.
    Why at 4am? Possibly because these days a lot of people are still pvping late, due to some faction madness that should soon end as fation swappers go back to whence they came. (First time a faction may have delib lost, lol).
    Edited by merevie on March 22, 2021 8:25AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @NeKryXe

If the connection troubleshooting posted above has not helped, you can proceed to starting a ticket with customer support for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post