The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stuck on splash screen after login, and then the game times out due to inactivity without char scr

Catmophere
Catmophere
✭✭
Hey new one on me - I login, it goes to the splash screen, and then I wait. And wait. And wait. Watching the little circle thing do it's circle thing.

And then I'm dropped back to the login screen due to inactivity. Without ever having seen the character selection screen.

Tried repair 3x. Addons are minion updated. Playing from Australia on NA (latency typically sits at 250).

Anything else I can try?
  • Catmophere
    Catmophere
    ✭✭
    Oh and my friend showed me what the new splash screens were on the test server. And what I am looking at is not that. If that info is any help to debug this...
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I been trying all morning,for like 4 hours,can't get on either EU or NA.I repaired,waited,deleted shadercache,but it will never rebuild past 500k.
  • Catmophere
    Catmophere
    ✭✭
    A friend told me to uninstall and that reinstalling would only be the launcher.

However it appears that reinstalling the launcher, the launcher only understands reinstalling the whole game. So I guess that's what I'll be doing.

Kinda sucks. But there it is.

What's more I am putting what might be an unnecessary load on their download servers. Hope there are not a lot of people like this.
  • etelmocub18_ESO
    Catmophere wrote: »
    Playing from Australia on NA (latency typically sits at 250).

Are you with Optus? I can't even connect... hell, I can't even speedtest the west coast of America atm.

I think something has gone drastically wrong with AU routing (with Optus at least), or an undersea cable has been taken out.
  • Catmophere
    Catmophere
    ✭✭
    Ok. I am still having this problem. Addons removed. Reinstalling the game for a 2nd time.
  • Catmophere
    Catmophere
    ✭✭
    Catmophere wrote: »
    Playing from Australia on NA (latency typically sits at 250).

Are you with Optus? I can't even connect... hell, I can't even speedtest the west coast of America atm.

I think something has gone drastically wrong with AU routing (with Optus at least), or an undersea cable has been taken out.

Oh so it probably is a routing thing? Another friend said that a VPN worked. So maybe I need to do that.

No I'm with TPG. The last time I did a traceroute on the 2x servers it looked totally screwed up. It looked like the EU server was correctly routed and the NA server was weird as. But being oceanic I'm on the NA server.
  • Catmophere
    Catmophere
    ✭✭
    I've not had to use a VPN before. Any recommendations on which one?
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno if it'll help you,but it seems there's a trick for some ppl to rebuild shadercache.It's helping me.

Login normally
    When it pops up message about inactivity,completely close the game out
    Reopen,and login again until it does the inactivity message again
    Completely close game out again,then repeat til game loads.
  • Catmophere
    Catmophere
    ✭✭
    Ok well totally reinstalling the game seems to have finally worked. Not optimal.

So I guess someone will come along to close this thread. Sorry I don't have better suggestions.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update that fully reinstalling has allowed you to log back in. With the issue now resolved, we are going to close this discussion going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.