The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daily Reward Crown Tri-Restoration Potion. Are there any better potions?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
I've googled the question no luck. Just curious are there better potions for emergency tri stat heals, magika, stamina to be used? I mainly solo PVE when possible and run four man dungeons solo etc, get my butt kicked sometimes and these come in handy. But anything better that can be used? Appreciate any feedback as my main is a master crafter and it seems kind of lame if there isn't a crafted version that's better than what is given away in dailies. Not complaining really but seems to me there would actually be a better crafted version. Thanks all.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are the same as the crafted tri pots.
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to rebuff yourself I don’t think there’s anything better but if you want something like health + stamina + Weapon Crit then you have to craft that
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. Appreciate the info. I'm thinking something like health, majika and crit. I'll take a look!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can craft stam, crit and health pots for sure.

I imagine you can do the same for magica too.
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never use em', but my crafters have long been fully leveled. I use the appropriate Blue food for the char.

Now my potions get real jiggy. ;)
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly use tristat potions. That said, I do make specific potions for specific needs from time to time if a build/situation requires it.

I think it would be awesome if we could make healing 'poisons' and shoot our allies with them. I think that would be hillarious.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing better if your goal is to buff all three resources. Realistically, they make a good oh crap button, but its pretty rare you really need all three buffed unless you just came back from the dead or have been in a long 1v1 duel in PVP. Situationally, there are better options depending on your needs at the time.

In PVE, I keep it simple. My magic characters have spell pots (magic, spell damage, spell crit) and tri pots and my stamina characters have weapon pots (stamina, weapon damage, and weapon crit) and tri pots. I use the weapon/spell pots significantly more than tri pots in PVE.

In PVP, I carry a lot more options, because your needs vary a lot more. Tri Pots, Spell pots, imov pots with various aux benefits, invis pots, detect pots, etc., all can be the best potion for your needs.

Now that they sell weapon and spell pots in the PVP vendor, it would be nice to see those added to the daily rewards. I used to need to make tri-pots, but I have so many now from daily rewards that they are starting to actually become an inventory hassle. Number one Pot I make/buy are spell power pots.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on March 2, 2021 8:54PM
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing better if your goal is to buff all three resources. Realistically, they make a good oh crap button, but its pretty rare you really need all three buffed unless you just came back from the dead or have been in a long 1v1 duel in PVP. Situationally, there are better options depending on your needs at the time.

In PVE, I keep it simple. My magic characters have spell pots (magic, spell damage, spell crit) and tri pots and my stamina characters have weapon pots (stamina, weapon damage, and weapon crit) and tri pots. I use the weapon/spell pots significantly more than tri pots in PVE.

In PVP, I carry a lot more options, because your needs vary a lot more. Tri Pots, Spell pots, imov pots with various aux benefits, invis pots, detect pots, etc., all can be the best potion for your needs.

Now that they sell weapon and spell pots in the PVP vendor, it would be nice to see those added to the daily rewards. I used to need to make tri-pots, but I have so many now from daily rewards that they are starting to actually become an inventory hassle. Number one Pot I make/buy are spell power pots.

Tanks. Tanks need all 3 buffed. With taking damage, blocking taking stamina, and many buffs / debuffs taking magicka, it's very frequent that all 3 are needed.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are the same as the crafted tri pots.
    The crafted tri pots are a bit better, but use the reward ones on tanks all the time as they are free.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love the free ones. It's great for tanking since I'm always popping tri-pots, and the reward ones are only slightly worse than crafted (crafted ones give a slightly longer duration on the regen buff, but only by a few seconds).

It's also great for baby characters or ones you're just playing around with or doing non-standard builds for fun.

If you're actually trying to DPS/heal actual group content, there are better potions that give resources and damage, which are the +mag/spell damage/spell crit or +stam/weapon damage/weapon crit, but the tri-pots are good for just general going around the overland and great for tanks.

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tanks. Tanks need all 3 buffed. With taking damage, blocking taking stamina, and many buffs / debuffs taking magicka, it's very frequent that all 3 are needed.

Totally fair when it comes to tanks, but that is a pretty small percent of overall PVE potion use. Like I said, nothing better if you need to buff all your resources. In PVE, that is true of tanks, in PVP, it can be true of just about anyone.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immovable, spell/weapon crit, spell/weapon damage depending on the content.

PvE tank I use tri stat, PvE DD + heal I use resource + crit + power, PvP I use combinations of: immovable, resources, crit, detection, resistances etc.