The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it Possible to Set a Larger Mouse Cursor Size on 4K Monitors?

Wily_Wizard
Wily_Wizard
✭✭✭
The mouse cursor size is fine up to 1080P, but I recently switched to 4K resolution and now my mouse is almost microscopic, and extremely hard to see with all the particles, snow, rain, ash, and other special effects.
Windows has the capability to adjust the mouse size, but ESO apparently doesn't use Windows settings.

Is there a setting like : SET MouseSize "2" or similar that can be added to the ini file to increase the mouse size to an acceptable level?
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another thing that annoys me with 4K monitors is that the map doesn't scale properly. Sometimes it's really hard to see those small POI icons, especially in Eastmarch when it's white on white :)
    Options
  • Wily_Wizard
    Wily_Wizard
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there are at least plans in the works to address issues with higher resolutions?
    Options
  • Craal
    Craal
    Soul Shriven
    I got the same problem after upgrading to a new 4k monitor. The ingame cursor is so damn small now even after scaling the interface larger, I keep losing track of it. Can we please get an option to make the cursor bigger maybe? Please.
    Edited by Craal on September 27, 2016 6:01PM
    Options
  • Iamtall
    Iamtall
    ✭✭
    Same. Just got a 4k UW monitor and the mouse is extra tiny. On top of that, I have vision problems so it's EXTRA hard for me to see it. Everything is an upgrade for me except being able to see where tf my mouse cursor is on the dang screen. Help the visually impaired!
    Options
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here with 4K - I've looked through the add ons and the game settings and it seems that nothing has changed in the past 5 years.

Edited by etchedpixels on March 1, 2021 2:35PM
    Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bandit ui addon have an option to change cursor i think
    Options
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use addons for custom reticle and there you can set size you desire.
    Check Combat reticle on ESOUI
    Awake, but at what cost
    Options