Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to make titles useful

Orion_89
Orion_89
✭✭✭✭
Nice to have some rare titles not only as a markers of progress through the game and RP-parts, but also as a basement of the reputation system. Now I will give some examples:
— Monster Hunter: week overland monsters don't atack you
— Aliance war rank: slight addition to the AP gaining.
— Noble titles: reduce bounty for your head when you commit a crime.
— Hero titles: slightly increase amount of gold you found in chests (local titles may increse gold in the local chests, and Hero of Tamriel spreads to the all vanilla overland)
— Grand Master Crafter: reduces required amount of gold tannin by 1.
— Daedric Lord Slayer: week daedra in Coldharbour don't atack you.
— Savior of Nirn: reward for completing Dark anchors increases.
— DLC titles: make increases in it's own zones.
— Dungeon titles: increase chances of dropping rewards.
— Battlegrounds titles: slight addition to the AP gaining on it.

As you can see, such system may add motivation to complete zones and activities at 100%. And not only that, also need for changing titles will appear depending on what are you doing right now.
Your thoughts are always welcome in the comments!
Edited by Orion_89 on February 27, 2021 6:47AM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By noble titles I assume you are referring to these?

- Lord/Lady
    - Clan Father/Mother
    - Councilor
    - Count/Countess
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    By noble titles I assume you are referring to these?

- Lord/Lady
    - Clan Father/Mother
    - Councilor
    - Count/Countess

Exactly. And such dlc titles as Thane (Greymoor)
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be happy if titles are not tied to game effects..
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something more to micromanage, no thanks we already getting the new cp system.
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Something more to micromanage, no thanks we already getting the new cp system.

It is not about micromanagement, it's about reward for completing activities. That's why I suggest small but pleasant changes. If you like to do something (questing, pvp, dungeons, crafting, harvesting, grinding, housing and so on) you will obtain a title anyway. So why it should be just a plate under your character name?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the point of these. People who have the title wouldn't need the minor reward they give in most cases. I would assume your idea would require you to slot the title to achieve the bonus? If not then it might affect game performance as the servers would have to check all your titles for everything you do.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    People who have the title wouldn't need the minor reward they give in most cases.
    Aren't a minor bonus better then nothing? Anyway its size is a matter of discussion.
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I would assume your idea would require you to slot the title to achieve the bonus?
    That's correct, one bonus at a time!
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want it.
    Say, the best rewards for getting dolmen achievements is that you don't have to do dolmens anymore.
    Grand Master Crafter makes sense, but still, I like the fact that achievements don't give you any bonuses aside from cosmetics, dyes and furnishings (which are juicy rewards on its own) and I definitely don't want to micromanage my titles in addition to the new green CP.
    Last, but not least, my main is "of House Ravenwatch" and will be of House Ravenwatch till the day when servers shut down.

Also, AFAIK, content completion already affects things like motif drop rate.
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read the title wrong.
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm the only one that likes OP idea :D As long as that doesn't require micromanagement - as in, you get the title and the effect is permanent, why not? It's more perks and pretty much it.

I was sold at
    Orion_89 wrote: »
    Monster Hunter: week overland monsters don't atack you

as it sort of reminds me the Kynareth's boots: while wearing them natural creatures would not attack, so I could hang out with wolves and bears throughout TESIV :)

• Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Last, but not least, my main is "of House Ravenwatch" and will be of House Ravenwatch till the day when servers shut down.
    If ZOS will add members of Ravenwatch as companions in the future, wouldn't it more exciting if having that title unlocks unique dialogs or quest lines? They may notice something like "Long time no see!" or show you respect for what you did to the House Ravenwatch in the past.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    If ZOS will add members of Ravenwatch as companions in the future, wouldn't it more exciting if having that title unlocks unique dialogs or quest lines? They may notice something like "Long time no see!" or show you respect for what you did to the House Ravenwatch in the past.

Not title being active, but having completed the storylines should trigger that. RP-wise titles are for those who don't know me (my character) personally
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can just see this being overdone, like 80% of people in a town using the same title for it's effect.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like to use titles, as I consider almost all of the pretentious. So I don't want to slot them and am not in favor of OP's proposal.

The only 'function' I could embrace for titles would be adding some pure information titles: Tank, Healer, DPS, Soloist. Simply to advise nearby players.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    I can just see this being overdone, like 80% of people in a town using the same title for it's effect.

Only if 80% of people prefer the same activitie. But there are at least four big groups: questing, dungeons, pvp and crafting.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's superficial but titles and skins are always the first thing I look for in PUGs.

When people do hard content they want to show it off.

If I see a Tick-Tock Tormenter Title with a dungeon trifecta skin on I'm confident we're in good hands.

If I see a "Battleground Butcher" on my Tank who got 15k HP I know we probably aren't in good hands.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if in game rewards and consequences should change with Titles.

But....

How about Costumes?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not interested. I don't use titles, and I don't want people knowing anything about what I'm doing in game.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It won't work because it's only more pointless server stress - we will have new CP system just to have less calculations for server and this whole idea is exactly the opposite - more conditions, more calculations, more lag...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main displays the title of Monster Hunter because that's what he is. I do enjoy the dye system though, so new earnable dyes would be appreciated. :smiley:
    Edited by Bradyfjord on February 27, 2021 4:56PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought earning the title was the reward.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only wish titles to look fancy, they do not catch the eye in current state.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure. I just want to point out that in real life a title gives some benefits. "National hero", for example, opens you some doors in the politics; "War's veteran" may bring you cash benefits or free flat; Nobel Prize Laureate gives you esteem and money...
    So it has some sort of "effect" if you obtain it.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could 'Agree' and 'Awesome' at the same time. Well done!
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure. I just want to point out that in real life a title gives some benefits. "National hero", for example, opens you some doors in the politics; "War's veteran" may bring you cash benefits or free flat; Nobel Prize Laureate gives you esteem and money...
    So it has some sort of "effect" if you obtain it.

Eh, no thanks. Titles are cosmetics - I want to be able to pick the one that fits my character/style/outfit, not the one that gives the right stats.