Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO LUXURY FURNITURE VENDOR ITEMS – 2021/02/26

BenevolentBowd
BenevolentBowd
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What does the Luxury Furnisher offer this week?
The Luxury Furnisher Vendor (Zanil Theran) is located north of the bank in the Hollow City, Coldharbour.
  1. Riekling Grinding Stone 450g
  2. Riekling Tanning Rack, Stretched 450g
  3. Riekling Rack, Giant Bone 3,000g
  4. Riekling Brazier, Ceremonial 4,000g
  5. Riekling Bonfire, Cermonial 4,000g
  6. Riekling Banner, Boar Pelt 4,000g

All 56 weeks of luxury items are on my ESO Calendar: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar/

Full history of luxury furnisher items: http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-chronicle-of-luxury-furnisher-vendor-items/

About the Vendor
https://youtu.be/oCUYJEZwXKI
Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
#TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riekling Grinding Stone 450g
    o6dH1u2.jpg
    Riekling Tanning Rack, Stretched 450g
    zPoq4Qu.jpg
    Riekling Banner, Boar Pelt 4,000g
    aL0cRek.jpg
    Riekling Brazier, Ceremonial 4,000g
    h2tqFio.jpg
    YNnEqWI.jpg
    Riekling Bonfire, Cermonial 4,000g
    Ld49vYg.jpg
    DwlK5OG.jpg
    Riekling Rack, Giant Bone 3,000g
    czANDka.jpg
    All items
    0B0DBBq.jpg
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Riekling Bonfire is essentially just a recolor of the Witches Brazier, Primitive Log for those wondering.
    Enemoriana wrote: »
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    Is the brazier the same as the Witches’ Brazier?

@GenjiraX, same model, but a bit recolored and smaller flame.
    1WHCU3k.png

Edited by spartaxoxo on February 27, 2021 1:24AM
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giant bone, eh?

giphy.gif
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riekling weeks are the worst ><
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Close looking items:
    nRN0nWw.jpg
    TDQQ3Ey.jpg
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • fredthefrown
    fredthefrown
    ✭✭✭
    Calling it a luxury vendor feels like false advertising. 9 out of 10 times it’s generic looking junk. I guess putting nice things on the lux vendor is just too hard and dangerous right? They act like they got a warehouse full of stock they need to move. ITS DIGITAL CONTENT! Why they always trying to get us to buy junk nobody is asking for?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calling it a luxury vendor feels like false advertising. 9 out of 10 times it’s generic looking junk. I guess putting nice things on the lux vendor is just too hard and dangerous right? They act like they got a warehouse full of stock they need to move. ITS DIGITAL CONTENT! Why they always trying to get us to buy junk nobody is asking for?

CAREFUL!! Last time I made a similar comment, it turned the thread into a multi-page not-so-good-natured debate on the subjectivity of "worth", "luxury", & players' expectations and whatnot. :D

But I agree with you. This game is chock-full of ornate, beautiful, and just plain really cool furnishings; it seems pretty weird that so few of them come from the limited-time "Luxury Furnisher", right? Apparently a lot of people are really defensive about their snowy bones and wooden posts and whatnot, though :P
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because it's not to your taste doesn't mean it's junk. Just accept that by luxury they mean a themed showpiece and you'll be a lot happier.

Personally I will be happily buying that Bonfire for my enchanted snowglobe house, it fits much better the snowy area than the New Life Bonfire.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 27, 2021 1:45AM
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they're not lying. That is certainly a Giant Bone.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenHere wrote: »
    But I agree with you. This game is chock-full of ornate, beautiful, and just plain really cool furnishings; it seems pretty weird that so few of them come from the limited-time "Luxury Furnisher", right? Apparently a lot of people are really defensive about their snowy bones and wooden posts and whatnot, though :P

No, we just get tired of seeing "OMG, how is this luxury?!?!" every other week. It's been done, get a new schtick. /yawn

Yes, it would have saved a lot of trouble if they'd just named it the "Themed Furniture Vendor" instead of "Luxury". /shrug

edit: or, if you'd like to look at it a different way, he's a Luxury Furniture Vendor. He's very luxurious, and he sells furniture. ;)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on February 27, 2021 2:03AM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, we just get tired of seeing "OMG, how is this luxury?!?!" every other week. It's been done, get a new schtick. /yawn

Yes, it would have saved a lot of trouble if they'd just named it the "Themed Furniture Vendor" instead of "Luxury". /shrug

edit: or, if you'd like to look at it a different way, he's a Luxury Furniture Vendor. He's very luxurious, and he sells furniture. ;)

Yup. Every damn time the theme is not something deemed "pretty" or "luxurious", the comments about it appears like bills in the mailbox.
    I so wish they would rename him to something besides Luxury furnisher.

The Riekling Bonfire is also one of my favourite bonfires. It's large and one of the few items with a frosty/snow effect.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps, but I doubt it. Crap is crap and junk is junk, no matter what you call the dude selling it. And seeing week after week of useless crud being added, often just recolors of already existing stuff, does not foster positive vibes in the player base. Especially since there is such a ridiculous backlog of stuff that exist in game, that has been asked for by the players for years, and which ZOS keeps refusing to release. And it doesn't really help that with each expansion that mound of unreleased stuff just grows bigger and bigger.

Like, I am seriously still waiting for the musical instruments added by Morrowind!!! I was doubly pissed to see them as "quest items" in the Bards College quest. I would much rather have squirreled them off to my own home instead of placing them in the museum. A music box is a neat reward, but I really would've preferred to have some of those actual instruments.

And then there are planters, things we've bee asking for since housing was released. There are several styles ingame, but none are available for housing. Or how about releasing one of those easels? There are at least two in game - so release them already! But no... Instead we have to use several precious item slots to scratch build our own. Why aren't those things released? We got a mixing palette, so why not release the actual hand palette and some brush jars too? We even got a half finished painting to fiddle with, but are still missing the easel!!!

I have defended the release of junk like the Riekling stuff before, and I am sure there are some who will find a use for it, and it's not like not having them will make the game better. But I wager that the majority of us do not have a use for them. A lot of us don't even own a snowy or frosty home, and these things would look kinda out of place in... Say a home located in the Alik'r desert.

In essence, all those "such luxury" type comments, are just a shorthand way for people to express their disappointment, that yet again another week passes by without anything interesting or exciting on offer. It's no like people are demanding for the luxury dude to only sell gilded samite cushioned mahogany crud. Luxury in this sense is for having cool and interesting and exciting stuff that stands out. not utilitarian crap like stable signs or plain old rocks. If the dude was running a "themed furniture vendor" type a joint, then people would be making comments about "yet another shipment of garbage" being delivered to it, instead of the "what luxurious items indeed" type a deal. The words used would differ, but the same amount of snark and frustration would be expressed.

The real issues is the same it has been for ages. This idea of releasing one item per week is just woefully inadequate and just leads to disappointment after disappointment. If ZOS released like 3 items or so each week, each from a different theme, then the chances that one would find something of interest on most weeks would be markedly higher. This in turn would foster more excitement towards housing in general, and would invigorate engagement with housing and the game itself

The way it is now, several weeks can go by before something gets added that catches one's interest, and it may take months for enough new interesting and exciting stuff to become available tor one to get back to decorating one's abode.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kiralyn2000 @NotaDaedraWorshipper

I get where you guys are coming from. I do. I don't even really disagree with you that strongly. But it's not our fault that the word Luxury has a pretty clear connotation already. "We" (the semantics complainers) don't want him renamed, though; we want him to sell actual fancy stuff that feels worthy of being so rare. It feels like ZOS phoned it in, and we don't dig it. Most the stuff this dude sells should be available all the time, with how versatile and basic a lot of it is.

If a dude who sells sandpaper underwear and LEGO sandals was called "Comfort Wear Extraordinaire" or something... well, I'd actually find that pretty funny... but it's not really aptly-named; unless they were specifically going for the irony. It's a valid criticism that the Luxury dude sells not-luxurious items.

I often like the non-luxurious things this guy sells, too! But that stuff should just be always-available furnishings, in my view. And I don't see how people being disheartened by non-luxury items (again, at a limited-time "Luxury" vendor) is trumped by you being tired of people expressing their dissatisfaction at this week's offerings. They can express their opinions just like you can, right?

Just as tired of these comments as you are, we're tired of y'all nay-saying what seem like pretty valid criticisms. Luxury man should live up to the name. I know I'm a terrible and tedious person for thinking so, but... well, til I get banned or lose interest, I can post my opinions on the forum too! :smile:

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The giant bone rack is awesome.
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it's not torture week again.

Thanks, BenevolentBowd and Enemoriana. It's cool of you to do this for us every week.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hymzir @GreenHere
    For a riekling it's likely luxury, so how is the name not fitting then? Just because you don't find it fancy doesn't mean someone else have a use for it. And the whole "another week of junk" is pointless when it's known the themes are always over two weekends. It was riekling last week, so it's going to be more this week. Which makes the complaints even more annoying.

Zanil is on a schedule. You can just check BenevolentBowd's calendar to see when something that is to your taste is likely to show up. Sometimes there are changes though, because at occations they do change and add more things.
    The only the big thing I would like to see changed, is the number of new items inscreased. Not by much, but that single item doesn't add much. Like Ayleid constellation steles. There are 13 constellations and at this rate, it's going to take a few years to get them all.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For stuff like the Riekling items, it would be cool if they could get all those in one week so it could free up space for new items. Same for the wedding themed items.

They are spread across two weeks so it’s tough to know how much to spend the first week when you only can see the first week’s items. You don’t know if you should budget for other items you might want if you don’t know they’re coming just the following week!

Group the themes all together!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was a dark and stormy night and all we had was a cold and icy Riekling Bonfire.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ewwww
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Just because it's not to your taste doesn't mean it's junk. Just accept that by luxury they mean a themed showpiece and you'll be a lot happier.

Personally I will be happily buying that Bonfire for my enchanted snowglobe house, it fits much better the snowy area than the New Life Bonfire.

Is that supposed to be a snowy effect on the rocks and wood? I thought it was just their coloring as surely wood thay was burning would not long have any snow left on it, would it? I have no experience with fires outside in snowy conditions so I could be mistaken. Just asking out of interest. :)
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moving all the non-luxury furnishings to all those Home Goods Furnishers would make place to actually luxury goods. All the Riekling primitive things will be appropriate in Wrothgar, for example.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I often like the non-luxurious things this guy sells, too! But that stuff should just be always-available furnishings, in my view.

I don't find it a valid criticism that the luxury vendor doesn't always sell items that fits a very narrow definition of luxury. The fact of the matter is that many people DO find the items are being used as luxury items for their themed homes. A bonfire isn't utilitarian to everyone. Some people just think camping, others think glamorous parties where the bonfire is the star of the show.

And I personally think those that want the luxury vendor to only sell items that THEY think are luxuries to be obnoxious, and frankly a little disrespectful to the people who enjoy those items but have to read every year about how their favorite items should be removed.

Some of these items don't float my boat either. But thus far I have seen a lot of excellent standout stuff being done with almost each and everyone of them, as showcases that completely tie a room together and steal the show.

In the end this is one of the defintions of luxury, and these items generally fit those defintions for their themes.
    something adding to pleasure or comfort but not absolutely necessary

an indulgence in something that provides pleasure, satisfaction, or ease
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 27, 2021 9:31AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that supposed to be a snowy effect on the rocks and wood? I thought it was just their coloring as surely wood thay was burning would not long have any snow left on it, would it? I have no experience with fires outside in snowy conditions so I could be mistaken. Just asking out of interest. :)

@Araneae6537

Yeah it looks it's supposed to be a snowy effect on the rocks and wood to me. You're right that the snow would melt with the fire, but some wood in snowy areas kind of naturally has a paler look. So to me, the Riekling one looks better for a snowy area even if the snow not melting is a bit off.

These are not my pics but they are some examples of what I mean
    1653199.jpg

snow-campfire.jpg

How_To_Make_A_Fire_In_The_Snow_Blog_Post-Featured-03_733x500_2x.jpg?v=1491256476
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 27, 2021 9:52AM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I often like the non-luxurious things this guy sells, too! But that stuff should just be always-available furnishings, in my view.

I don't find it a valid criticism that the luxury vendor doesn't always sell items that fits a very narrow definition of luxury. The fact of the matter is that many people DO find the items are being used as luxury items for their themed homes. A bonfire isn't utilitarian to everyone. Some people just think camping, others think glamorous parties where the bonfire is the star of the show.

And I personally think those that want the luxury vendor to only sell items that THEY think are luxuries to be obnoxious, and frankly a little disrespectful to the people who enjoy those items but have to read every year about how their favorite items should be removed.

Some of these items don't float my boat either. But thus far I have seen a lot of excellent standout stuff being done with almost each and everyone of them, as showcases that completely tie a room together and steal the show.

In the end this is one of the defintions of luxury, and these items generally fit those defintions for their themes.

Well, toilet paper is a luxury in some primitive societies even nowadays, but I wouldn't want to be able to buy it from one luxury store only one weekend a year. Does it matter what is luxury for Rieklings when there are no playable Rieklings?

As for the definition, I find this one to be more accurate:
    An inessential, desirable item which is expensive or difficult to obtain.
    And the problem here that ZOS thinks that one weekend a year is "difficult to obtain", but we should really look at how difficult it is to obtain in Tamriel, not in game. A bonfire is not difficult to obtain, you need just a few logs and a fireball.
    one mer to find them,
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »

Well, toilet paper is a luxury in some primitive societies even nowadays, but I wouldn't want to be able to buy it from one luxury store only one weekend a year. Does it matter what is luxury for Rieklings when there are no playable Rieklings?

And the problem here that ZOS thinks that one weekend a year is "difficult to obtain", but we should really look at how difficult it is to obtain in Tamriel, not in game. A bonfire is not difficult to obtain, you need just a few logs and a fireball.

All three defintions of luxury are equally valid. And in this case, ZoS clearly uses the idea of luxury that fits the other two rather than the one you listed. Which us entirely valid.

Who cared about the Riekling stuff? I did. As I said last week the boar pelt is great for a hunter cabin (mine is full so I skipped that one but honestly regret it now), and I'm excited by this bonfire right now. Those are absolutely luxury items the way I'm using them. My bonfire is literally the center piece of a little Christmas party, and bonfire parties are quite luxurious indeed.

The luxury vendor has plenty of beautiful items that cater to your idea of luxury. You shouldn't be expect to be pleased by the theme every single week because all of us have different tastes.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 27, 2021 10:22AM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All three defintions of luxury are equally valid. And in this case, ZoS clearly uses the idea of luxury that fits the other two rather than the one you listed. Which us entirely valid.

Who cared about the Riekling stuff? I did. As I said last week the boar pelt is great for a hunter cabin (mine is full so I skipped that one but honestly regret it now), and I'm excited by this bonfire right now. Those are absolutely luxury items the way I'm using them. My bonfire is literally the center piece of a little Christmas party, and bonfire parties are quite luxurious indeed.

The luxury vendor has plenty of beautiful items that cater to your idea of luxury. You shouldn't be expect to be pleased by the theme every single week because all of us have different tastes.

An item can't be a luxurious item, when you can see it in any house (especially when talking about poor citizen houses), and by house I mean NPC house, not player house. An item can't be a luxurious item, when any tamrielic citizen can make it without any effort. It doesn't matter what a player is excited about, it matters what a common tamrielic citizen is excited about.
    Edited by Olauron on February 27, 2021 10:39AM
    one mer to find them,
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An item can't be a luxurious item, when you can see it in any house (especially when talking about poor citizen houses), and by house I mean NPC house, not player house.

Yes. It can. If it's primarily there for stuff like comfort and not necessary, it is a luxury. Even in real life, we have everyday luxuries that you can find in many homes. Like nice picture frames, ice cream sundaes, and cozy socks.
    An item can't be a luxurious item, when any tamrielic citizen can make it without any effort. It doesn't matter what a player is excited about, it matters what a common tamrielic citizen is excited about.

It does matter what a player is excited about, it's an item for player homes. And you can't use this and then also turn around and say "who cares if these are luxuries to the Rieklings, when players cannot make Rieklings."

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It can. If it's primarily there for stuff like comfort and not necessary, it is a luxury. Even in real life, we have everyday luxuries that you can find in many homes. Like nice picture frames, ice cream sundaes, and cozy socks.
    And those are not luxury items, because they are not expensive and not rare.
    It does matter what a player is excited about, it's an item for player homes. And you can't use this and then also turn around and say "who cares if these are luxuries to the Rieklings, when players cannot make Rieklings."
    I can, that's the whole point. Players can't make Rieklings, so it doesn't matter what is luxury for Rieklings. Players can make imperials or wood elves, so it does matter what is luxury for imperials and wood elves. Not for the players, but for imperials and wood elves themselves.
    one mer to find them,
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And those are not luxury items, because they are not expensive and not rare.

Those are luxury items, and fall very nearly into the latter defintion. An item does NOT have to be expensive and rare to be a luxury. Again, your defintion us too narrow
    I can, that's the whole point. Players can't make Rieklings, so it doesn't matter what is luxury for Rieklings. Players can make imperials or wood elves, so it does matter what is luxury for imperials and wood elves. Not for the players, but for imperials and wood elves themselves.

No. You can't. It's arbitrary and not logical. Either the player pov is important or it is not. Tamriel is made up of more than just the playable races

Something like this

Dwarven-Clock-Deactivated-1.jpg?w=503&ssl=1

Fits pretty much every defintion of luxury. But players cannot make dwarves so guess it can't be offered...
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 27, 2021 11:33AM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are luxury items, and fall very nearly into the latter defintion. An item does NOT have to be expensive and rare to be a luxury. Again, your defintion us too narrow

It is not my definition, it is Oxford English definition.
    No. You can't. It's arbitrary and not logical. Either the player pov is important or it is not. Tamriel is made up of more than just the playable races
    There is absolutely no reference direct or implied that player pov is important either in "It doesn't matter what a player is excited about, it matters what a common tamrielic citizen is excited about." or in "it does matter what is luxury for [character races that can be used by players]".
    one mer to find them,