The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can our other characters be companions?

Redguards_Revenge
Redguards_Revenge
✭✭✭✭
Let's say I make another character or as some people call it toon

1. Level it up to cp 160,
2. put skills, weapons and armors on that character so that they can use in combat
3. Give my character the appearance I want
4. ETC.

Will I be able to choose that character/toon as a companion? I have read that there are NPCs that you recruit. I am sure they have their own story as well. I have no problem with that but sometimes, I just want to roll play. It be good if we could at least have them accompany us just by appearance and adhere to the current companion system. Maybe next year? If there is some in game cost for recruiting I'd happily pay it.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, our alts are not gonna be companions.. would be a bit too weird
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭

That's why we choose. If you want the NPC companion go ahead. If you want your alt for roll play reasons go ahead. Unless you mean when you are looking at them in town. That might be weird trying to trade a companion lol.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, less weird than when everyone's picking between two fixed NPCs as companions. That said, this isn't a bad idea, but it is one I doubt we'll see for a few reasons.

First, automating our characters would probably be considerably more work than just running fixed companions.

Second, it would effectively obliterate any potential market for more companions down the line.

Third, if they are intending companions to have fully voiced dialog chains... that would be a lot more work across the board (as we have, something north of 100 potential voice actors for our characters (in some cases with distinct performances depending on the character's race))... Yeah, that would be a little insane to reconcile.

It'd be nice if we could assign our alts as houseguests (that despawn when we're on that character), but that's about the extent of what I'd expect to see.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be very cool to be able to have our alts as companions, but I doubt we'll see that.
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love that. My Dunmer needs his Argonian servant/craftsman. I'd pay crowns for that. :)
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can equip your companion with gear. So just make your companion look the same as your alt.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    You can equip your companion with gear. So just make your companion look the same as your alt.

I wonder if we'll get to equip any of our costumes on them too :o