Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Would you like an 810 only option for the dungeon finder?

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
810s usually want to get their daily dungeons done as soon as possible This results in 810s speed running.

Newer players usually don't like speed runners and can't keep up.

Solution. An option 810s can choose that will make it so they only match with other 810s.

Pros. Faster dungeon runs and less unhappy newer players.

Less fail groups

Cons. Slightly longer waits.

Would you like this option?

Would you like an 810 only option for the dungeon finder? 63 votes

Yes
33%
Mojmirhexentb16_ESOAektannWolfpawElo106HetairaxRichh94WeathurArchonLucienGreenHerecolossalvoidsPog_MahoneIneedaDollarMajkiyAlutoraSgtNuttzmegEllimist_EntrerihcbigdogdoghckstephanoRykja 21 votes
No
66%
DarcyMardinlolo_01b16_ESOTwystTheForFeeFMixtheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOhondelinkMerlin13KAGLredspecter23cmetzger93KatahdinZer0_CooLantimawkishCadburyLadyNalcaryaTai-Chixericdxklowdy1phileunderx2mikemacon 42 votes
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I've seen CP810 tanks not taunting [snip] (not faketanks), and CP810 DDs dieing repetedly on mechanics that have been explained multiple times. While i've seen <810CP players caring a whole group.
    Doing daylies with random groups can be a [snip] sometimes, but your sugestion wont help the matter. Instead it makes it significantly harder for new players, since they get grouped less often with experienced players who take time to explain stuff.

The ultimative solution remains to find like minded players who you can do the daylies with. And avoid grouptool completely.

[Edited to remove Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on January 26, 2021 1:36PM
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    I've seen CP810 tanks not taunting s**t (not faketanks), and CP810 DDs dieing repetedly on mechanics that have been explained multiple times. While i've seen <810CP players caring a whole group.
    Doing daylies with random groups can be a sh**show sometimes, but your sugestion wont help the matter. Instead it makes it significantly harder for new players, since they get grouped less often with experienced players who take time to explain stuff.

The ultimative solution remains to find like minded players who you can do the daylies with. And avoid grouptool completely.

Yeah thats not a possibility for some. On xbox even the most popular pve guilds, even the ones dedicated specifically dungeon running, have difficulty forming such groups. Zone chat Craglorn is ptetty reliable but they're only down for challenging stuff and tend to pass on pledges.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Queues are long enough, no reason to split them further. It also would make the low CP queue groups much more likely to fail, meaning less enjoyment and more likely they would avoid using the system in the future.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    High cp doesn't mean that they are good players. I see plenty cp810s in dungeons spamming bow LAs.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Imagine queueing for 810CP expecting top speed elite pro players... and getting me, lol.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Easy runs are good. So too are ones where a bunch of misfits are bundled in together (of all levels) & we have to learn through process how are our individual strengths & weaknesses apply to make a clear.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    810 doesn't mean a thing. Crushed vet Castle Thorn yesterday with a pug group with 2 500's and a 600. And when I say crushed, we were in there for less than 20 minutes. I was the only 800.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It’s funny that we thought 810 was the CP cap when this discussion started.

Would this queue be limited to only 3600 CP players with the new system? :D
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It’s funny that we thought 810 was the CP cap when this discussion started.

Would this queue be limited to only 3600 CP players with the new system? :D

Yeah...assuming of course ZOS is changing our new CP levels to the equivalent in strength in the new system. Kinda like what they did when they ditched the old vet level system.

3600 CP converted to the current CP system is probably just 910CP or 1000CP.
    Edited by hexentb16_ESO on February 1, 2021 10:44PM
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would want to yes but actually no.....how often I got grouped with cap cp so bad player.....and often I got into group with low cp being can say average player what is good for low cp or jsut good players for low cp

even....if Im gonna get grouped with bad player high cp or low cp...I prefer low cp because he is low..it is enough excuse to accept to help/carry someone if you have no problem rather tha cap cp player which alredy have played this game for so long so better will be to help this beginner
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    High cp doesn't determine your playstyle. Low cp sometimes like to run fast and high cp sometimes like to run slow.

What you want is two queues. One for fast runs and one for slow runs and you determined that a split by CP is the way to do that, which is just a bad conclusion to your proposed issue.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. What’s next, after the coming update? 3600 CP only?
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I do not understand this obsession people have with being 810. There are plenty of competent players at a far lower level and plenty of incompetent players at 810 and above.

Once you realise this you realise how stupid polls such as this are
  • Tberg725
    Tberg725
    ✭✭✭
    The game has been out so long there are PLENTY of not so good players that have made it to 810 same thing goes for the Grand Overlord rank in PvP typically when you used to run into someone with that rank you knew you had a fun fight on your hands now it’s like meh

BUT either way splitting up the que more is not a good idea especially those queuing as a dps most times it’s over an hour wait but if you que as tank it can pop in like 15sec
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I want 3600 only option
    Awake, but at what cost
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    High cp does not correlate to high skill.
    So no
  • Twyst
    Twyst
    ✭✭✭
    No
    This stops high level players from levelling alts via dungeons.
    So no.
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The 810 cap is going to be removed in a few days and changed to a 3600 cap. So why would an 810 queue matter? It's an arbitrary number. I'm at nearly 1000 CPs and sometimes I like to take my time but get paired with a 300CP speed runner. Eh, that's the ways of pugs so I just yell if I have a quest and otherwise try to keep up. If I want to be sure to be able to take my time I bring some guildies instead.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent about a separate queue.

I will just say, I'm one of those people who just wants to get his 10,500th run of COA 1 out of the way as soon as possible so I'm going to blaze through it as fast as I can. HOWEVER I always check the group and if someone is low level I'll usually wait to start my rampage until they have grabbed the quest, and during said rampage will grab any extra bosses they might need for undaunted.

However if they suck so bad that they stand in stupid and die and are using a resto staff and a shield to dps or just spamming a light attack and it takes too long, I'm gonna get annoyed and just go for broke dps/tank it myself at my pace or bounce because if you queue for group content you should know the game basics and it's not my job to explain them. HAPPY to explain dungeon mechanics but not game basics the tutorial covers.

If you join a normal just type in chat - need quest/need side bosses for undaunted/first time. Might be surprised at how helpful people can be.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, because it doesn't somehow magically mean you know what you're doing.

If you're below that (or any other number), it doesn't mean you don't either.

You're gonna restrict lower players that can clear it to guarantee a "max level" player that can't.

I've got multiple accounts and a ton of experience that carries over to them, allowing completion (sometimes better than max CP players I've been coupled with) at well below the recommended levels.

My 2nd account, I had cleared several DLC dungeons as a tank around ~226. One patch later, the content I had already cleared, I was no longer able to queue for.

Player ability is about so much more than your CP count.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It wouldn't solve your issue. You would still get new 810 players who were level 49 the night before because it is an alt that they may not know how to play well in a dungeon and may not have any good gear for.