Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    howdy @xynode ...

awwww, thanks for stopping by :)

I hope the holidays aren't driving you too crazy...it's "winter" out here in southern california, so i've been needing to watch out for all those holiday cookies and fudge, and, resisting the urge to not hide under the covers and play games all day while it's a little chilly outside...

thanks again for all the excellent work you accomplish in helping others with the game...

I had read somewhere you mentioning the amount of time and effort to produce your vids and site content - that's a whole lot of effort and I for one (I know I'm most definitely not alone) really appreciate it...

just from some other threads I was able to get a feel for just how others viewed your work - what you do seems to really click for a whole bunch of folks...

it's nice to have someone feed you information in such an interesting and easy fashion to understand...

not everyone is able to do that, you have a really good knack for training/teaching...

it's funny, I know a lot of eso players cringe at the thought of jumping in to pvp...i have a similar feeling towards dungeoning...

after a couple of runs of the same dungeon it goes away, but - that first time or two through feels like a lot of pressure...

I feel silly for even writing that, but it's true...your vids eliminate a lot of the doubt and confusion I have entering in to some of the toughest pve spots in eso...

oh well, again thanks and I hope you're able to relax and enjoy the day...

geo

Thank you so much! Again i am not on the forums much at all but i really do appreciate the time you have taken to reach out and your kind words! Not to mention of course your understanding of what it takes to get content created in this field.

Thanks again and happy new year!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waiting for my queue (number 9)...

been playing a bunch last week and this weekend in EU...

6 days in and still really close with DC ahead, EP in second; however, AD has been more active the last month or so than usual...

it's nice to have fairly balanced pops between the three...

playing my mag warden, trying to keep ravenous goliath up as much as possible...

one of my bars leans towards sustain and defense, pop a pot at the right time, transform and I can time freeze the heck out of folks with out being too easy to kill myself...

the goliath paints a big target on you, but the durok's bane, grothdarr and time freeze really help disrupt other players in close by me...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy folks, I hope the new year is moving along smoothly for everyone :)

finished getting all 7 DC EU toons to tier 3 last night...

gonna go back in to EU cyrodiil today though cuz I wanna make a change to my necro stam...

ran in to a player who was pretty unkillable (literally there were a handful if us beating on this stam warden)...I've gotten used to running in to players that even cold-fire ballistas don't bother...

however, this player (EP player named Striiks, I think) made me wanna change my build cuz although they were tanky as heck - they kept killing me over and over again...I just couldn't believe it...

it's pretty rare that someone so tanky can take out one of my toons...

right now he's wearing 5 medium/2 heavy, SnB and bow with sellistrex, spriggans and new moon acolyte...was gonna switch out the new moon for juggernaut and go 5 heavy/2 medium...really though don't wanna lose out on all the damage I can do...

think instead I'll stay in 5 medium/2 heavy and switch new moon for draugr heritage...

the draugr will at least give me time to react to any offensive bursts from a single player...

it's just way too embarrassing to die to a tank (I definitely wasn't the only one though)...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 16, 2021 10:15PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm, not sure why I thought draugr heritage came in medium...just getting forgetful...

my health went up to 35k, pretty sure though it would take me forever to kill anyone...

just tried it out in some melee action, working well...really need though to do some 1v1 to see how I can make it work...

not sure if I'll stick with draugr heritage or use juggernaught instead...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey everyone, hope all is well for ya...

well, over on the EU server AD is not only participating this campaign - they have taken over...seriously, they pretty much got the map gated at the times i normally play (late night california time)...

I've already hit tier 3 on everyone there, so - i've mostly been playing on the NA server the last week or so...over there DC is dominating at the time i play, although not to the same degree AD has control of the map on the EU server...

doing something a bit different for me - i've actually played my mag dk three straight nights - planning on playing him again tonight...

for a while now mag dk has been one of my favorite toons to play, great damage potential mixed with a good bit of survivability...

i've had him in the same gear forever: 5 heavy/2 light valkyn skoria, silks of the sun and julianos...

lately though i'm just trying to get my rotations down and learn to play more effectively incorporating a build that includes me playing as a stage 4 vamp - not always super easy...mostly right now i just want to get good at utilizing mistform...

it's funny, because i like playing a mag dk (and, i'm working hard on coming up with an effective rotation) i'm usually pretty exited to jump right in to the action as soon as i log on - whoa that hasn't worked out well for me the last couple of nights...i've been getting seriously slaughtered the first few fights i get in...

last night this darn magblade kept killing me over and over again, a couple of times i was literally staring at my slotted skills trying to figure stuff out - boom, dead with a Caluurion's Legacy proc to boot...ah good for them :#

they definitely weren't the only one to catch me staring at my skills last night...a couple of times i spazzed out while trying to exit my abilities view and got stuck in chat while i was being attacked over and over again, that was a little frustrating...

right now my rotations are:
    Fire Destro bar - flames of oblivion, coagulated blood, degeneration, volatile armor, unstable wall of elements or destructive reach and eye of the storm

Resto bar - burning embers, exhilarating drain, hypnosis, blood mist, combat prayer and swarming scion

i'm getting closer to getting his playstyle smoothed out...having fun doing it :)
    Edited by geonsocal on January 22, 2021 2:13AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh man, monday again :(

just kidding, every day is just another day...

had an absolute blast on the NA server this weekend...lots and lots of action, and - amazingly enough no disconnects...

lag got really bad at times, and more than a few times I just died without any indication of incoming damage, but overall not too bad...

definitely a good time to be blue on the NA server...what's nice about having control on the map is that as a solo player it's easy to go where you want to find constant fighting...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not to be too wierd (too late for that, huh :)), but - I kind of like seeing new glitches...

at this point I'm so many years in that I've seen lots of strange things in cyrodiil, well tonight I log in to the south high rock gate, collect my daily and check my campaign score - all of a sudden I hear what sounds like an arrow and notice my toon move their head:

next thing I know my background has a red border and I'm stuck in combat, I had to use the way shine to port to the rift...so I could log out...

what a strange world that we live in...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 26, 2021 6:41PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally getting around to playing my two non blue toons on the NA server...yay mid-year mayhem...

actually, I'm still waiting to get back in on my mag sorc...played for about an hour (in Blackreach) and realized his build was not gelling at all for me...

just went through about my 10th build update in the last month or so...

man, so much time re-speccing skills and gear...

necessary though, if you're not in tune with your build, things can get real tough in small scale fights...

more and more I'm holding myself to picking a specific battle plan for a toon and making sure my gear and rotations fit...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 1, 2021 10:35PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    back on the EU server fighting those scrappy dominion folks...

I love mid-year mayhem, cyrodiil feels so much more alive during the "off-hours" time frame I normally play...

not only that, I generally win a lot more 1v1's during the event :)

getting there slowly on the imperial city merit of cyrodiil (or whatever it's called) on the EU server...want to get that siegemaster costume and helm on both servers...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spent a good chunk of time in EU imperial city this weekend...ugh, so frustrating sometimes going from my NA toons to my EU toons...much harder to 1v1 against max cp players without actually having max cp :'(

had to re-gear my warden just to make him tanky enough to survive doing district dailies...you can really get away with wearing just about anything in cyrodiil...IC ain't like that...

was going crazy trying to do the memorial district daily where you have to place geode's in skeletons - which are surrounded by enemy npcs...without a nightblade you have to fight the npcs, easy to aggro a handful of them really fast, all while watching out for enemy players - who are waiting for solo players to try to do their district daily...

after a while i just stopped trying to even hold on to tel-var...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had something funny happen Sunday - killed myself against a werewolf tank wearing thews of the harbinger...

cuz of the lag didn't really notice what was happening until I was dead...

thinking now I should have put together a thews of the harbinger build for imperial city this weekend...

Thews of the Harbinger
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (3 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (5 items) When you block a direct damage attack, 
    you deal damage based on 7% of your Max Health. The set continues to deal damage regardless of range from the attacker.
    Edited by geonsocal on February 8, 2021 5:57PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, I need to go play the lottery or something, just got my first 1vX on the EU server (I'm at about cp690 now)...

the X only equaled 2, but still...

with a big assist from the guards at the rayles mill :)

thank you guards...

as if that wasn't enough, still have the pelinal scroll buff, and we're getting a low pop bonus...got a 26.4k AP keep capture and later a 77.7k AP d-tick...

shoot, right now I'm getting 286 AP for each door/wall repair...

oh yeah...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 11, 2021 5:26PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, AD has all the scrolls, current emp, highest current eval score, and is leading the campaign - so of course the hammer spawns yellow...

that's some terrible coding right there...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 11, 2021 7:52AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally got around to reading the natch potes for update 29...

yeah, it's gonna take a while to figure out the new champion system and all the changes to the different buffs/debuffs...

one thing though more than anything else which made me smile:

Alliance WarAssaultContinuous Attacks:
    This passive now always grants Major Gallop when purchased at rank 1 or 2.

Rapid Maneuvers:
    This ability and its morphs no longer grant Major Gallop on cast since it is no longer necessary.Reduced the cost of this ability to 6426, down from 6885.

heck yeah, thanks for that one zos...

got attacked just yesterday outside an outpost while I was trying to unslot rapids...
    Edited by geonsocal on February 11, 2021 5:25PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helloooooo everyone :)

finally getting around to farm the mythic items (Malacath's Band and the Pale Order Ring)...i'm about 3 days in to the process and still only level 5...quite the grind...figure though i better get going before they nerf the heck out of those two items...

one of the reasons it's been taking so long is that i also turned my first toon into a werewolf (this is on the EU server), and because i haven't done much questing or exploring on the EU server (almost all my time has been spent in cyrodiil) - i've needed to go skyshard hunting...

it takes like 22 skill points to fill out the werewolf line, so lot's and lot's of skyshard hunting (i needed points for scrying and excavation also)...

one thing that's been a real pleasant surprise reference the antiquity stuff is the gold reward...i've made a bunch of gold already...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy all :)

man, can't wait to get back to the fight...

little over a week in on farming: Malacath's Band and the Ring of the Pale Order...

the good:
    - i've made about 250k gold digging around and killing stuff in the way
    - i was also farming mats at the same time so, i have stacks of raw materials to refine
    - i also have about 40 or so epic items to decon

even better:
    - i'm finished with Malacath's band
    - it only requires 25 transmute stones to recreate the ring, i was not expecting that, i thought i was gonna have to use all my jewelry platings to make more rings

the not so good:
    - i miss fighting
    - digging up stuff is incredibly tedious work

even worse:
    - took me 17 wrothgar world bosses to finally get the pale order ring lead there
    - i'm about 3 hours already in to farming for the last pale order lead in Bad Man's Hollow - picked up a Wild Hunt lead, but, still no lead for the final piece on the Pale Order Ring
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so yeah, as many of us "regulars" have come to realize over the years - cyrodiil is an arms race...

one of the best tidbits on fighting i ever read here was that if you aren't playing a meta, or near meta, build - basically you're just going to be fighting better versions of yourself...

one big thing i've always been missing from my builds is the arena weapons...they have really powerful set bonuses that help an incredible amount when it comes to fighting other players...

as i was grinding away to level the antiquities stuff - i kept thinking how nice it would be if they introduced mythic weapons sometime this year...good way to continue selling greymoor...good way for me to add in more build diversity...
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it's been a while, but I came back to Cyrodiil to check it out. I'm very rusty and some of my skills work differently. I don't like that I can't heal people when I'm not in their group and I don't like grouping up too often. So that's a bit of a minus. Otherwise, I captured some keeps, defended some keeps, captured some resources, died, and killed a few folks along the way. It's amazing how quickly the muscle memory came back. Overall very fun! I'm just not a fan at all of the need to be grouped. No one hangs ten on a zerg like Ballcap.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good to see you back @Ballcap , much has changed, nothing has really changed :)

I have started getting this one new wierd glitch where it takes me a couple of trys to simply log in on one of my toons...that's kind of new...

lots and lots of ability and gear changes...that seems to be a constant...

finished farming those two pvp friendly mythic rings on the EU server, now I'm farming them on the NA server...fortunately there I don't need to also farm mats or skyshards so the leveling up with scrying and excavation is going pretty quick...

still though, grinding for those leads is still gonna feel like grinding for gear...oh well :o
    Edited by geonsocal on March 2, 2021 7:39PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yay, the deed is done :)

took me about half the time (about 4 days) on the NA server to grind for the Ring of the Pale Order and Malacath's Band of Brutality...

understanding how the whole thing works helped a bunch, that and just focusing on leveling up excavation and scrying...

it's funny, I broke the last item about 4 times before I finally got it, was just in a rush to be finished with the whole thing...

still made about 250k gold which was nice...

I haven't sold anything through a guild trader in years...I have about a million gold on the EU server and about 2 million on the NA server...more than enough to support my toons for fighting...

pretty cool though that there's another way now for new players who don't really want to do social "stuff" to earn decent gold outside of doing writs and stealing...

now that i'n leveled up to master items, I'll take a closer look at the other mythic items to see if I'd like to collect them...

still haven't figured out which toons i'll use the rings (and another 3 item set) with...most likely a character that already has a low crit build...I think I have a couple below a 20% crit chance...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 5, 2021 6:20PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here's a list of the sets which zos considers to be non-proc (for the recent cyrodiil "test" on the PC platform):

The full list of Sets which are not affected by this test are as follows:
    Amber Plasm
    Armor of the Trainee
    Beekeeper’s Gear
    Crafty Alfiq
    Draugr Hulk
    Endurance
    Fortified Brass
    Grace of the Ancients
    Hunding’s Rage
    Impregnable Armor
    Law of Julianos
    Leviathan
    Mother’s Sorrow
    Plague Doctor
    Shacklebreaker
    Spinner’s Garments
    Spriggan’s Thorns
    Willpower
    Agility

there's some useful gear in there, but, missing are: monster sets, mythic items, some 3 piece sets, arena weapons and about 90% of the rest of the five piece sets...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 6, 2021 12:26AM
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the no proc tests are coming to Live until autumn so get some use out of your Mythics while you can!
    Ps4 EU
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep coming to console as well.
    Time to brush off old school builds, really going to miss Bloodspawn.
    People really should be more careful what they ask for as we all know ZOS disables all proc sets or sets that make a calculation rather than just removing the toxic proc sets they have added in the last couple of years.
    Edited by TequilaFire on March 6, 2021 2:39PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this whole "testing" stuff from zos seems super disingenuous...

these are changes (much like the no healing outside your group) that "someone" at zos wants...

zos states they are implementing temporary changes to check on performance affects, but, in reality are simply instituting rule set changes someone at zos thinks is fun...

not fun at all though, when it happens once, maybe a coincidence - twice, yeah, no it's a plan...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ha, jokes on me...

for some reason I never thought to assume you would only be able to equip one mythic item at a time...

I had it all figured out, 2 mythic rings, 2 piece monster set, 3 item set (just went and spent a few hundred thousand gold on some Blessing of the Potentates, Grace of the Ancients and Willpower gear) and a five piece set...

oh man :'(

I don't know - maybe it's time for me to go farm arena weapons...that'll make it all work a little bit like i planned...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 6, 2021 7:56PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

12 man groups is a fail. PvP is a solo-fest because people can't get in groups (And good luck not getting kicked out of PvP - and the game - if you're the 12th person invited to a group).

[snip]

But if I understand correctly, are the 19 sets above really the only ones to be allowed in Cyrodiil? I thought proc sets were things that deal damage (or heals). Don't think I've worn anything like that in years. I see Marksman's not on the list. What's the proc happening there? If I wear one monster helm for the single-piece weapon damage buff, that's a proc too?

[Edited to remove Bashing and Inappropriate Content]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on March 8, 2021 4:31PM
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @dotme ...my understanding is that it's just those 19 sets...

who know what "rules" zos used to determine those sets are acceptable...

I would imagine we'll be okay to just use single pieces of monster sets...i hope so...

to be honest, it's confusing and there doesn't seem to be really clear and concise communications regarding these changes...

ro be honest, I'm not really even sure when these changes (no proc sets in cyrodiil) even go in to effect - I think with the next update, whenever that is...

there was a little bit of talk about this on EU zone chat, but, I have to imagine the majority of console pvp players have no clue about what's coming...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 8, 2021 11:08PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, now that the clock is ticking on how much longer the mythic items will work - I went ahead and added the Malacath Band to my NA stam sorc and EU necro stam...

I'm just going with one monster piece to balance things out...

until I get around to farming arena weapons (not much incentive now though - is there :#), I'll probably stick with this approach...

interested to see how their performance will be affected...

I'll look at working in the Ring of the Pale Order in to some builds also...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 8, 2021 9:00PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reference the coming "no proc" cyrodiil rule set change - I have most of those 19 sets already, and - again, hopefully single pieces of the monster sets still "register" their one piece bonuses...

who knows, to be honest, not really looking forward to having to update great on 17 toons...

but, more or less, I'll adjust...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 8, 2021 9:01PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gear set count:
    Overland (Base Game): 49
    Overland (Expansion & DLC): 35
    Dungeons (Non-DLC): 72
    Dungeons (DLC): 80
    Trials: 56
    Arenas: 61
    PVP: 58
    Antiquities: 8
    Crafted: 62

this is courtesy of @cyclonus11 - thank you :)

hopefully someone will let me know when the new cyrodiil no proc gear set rules go in to effect, although I imagine I'll probably notice when all my monster sets stop working :o