The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The only thing I don't like about this patch so far.

relentless_turnip
relentless_turnip
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The change to stop pre buff sets is really annoying as a PvP player. Trying to use clever alchemist before engaging my opponent is pretty frustrating as it won't work. Is there another way this could be altered? I'm sure I could get used to not hitting it until in combat, but regardless you are already on the back bar to activate. It could potentially keep you there if you don't reply offensively fast enough.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, the change to armor master really sucks.

With how many people there are ganking, keeping a shield up and having those resistances as you're moving around is a big help.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

With how many people there are ganking, keeping a shield up and having those resistances as you're moving around is a big help.

As that scenario may be true, there are much more people using it to achieve builds that don't die.
    This patch and all the changes is because of the way the community acts...
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Barbaran wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »

As that scenario may be true, there are much more people using it to achieve builds that don't die.
    This patch and all the changes is because of the way the community acts...

It was actually a change made for pve. As players were activating a set and then swapping their gear before combat to boost stats beyond what should be possible. Set effectiveness in other content is a side effect of altering pre buff sets.
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quick gear swaps that are enabled solely via add-ons should be against ToS as they give a competitive advantage. This must be a PC only problem.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be eliminated if the buffs were removed when the sets were taken off.

It's a Dev miss that you were ever able to accomplish this game.

It's poor player sportsmanship for anyone that used this and thought it was acceptable.

You're not supposed to get 6 set combinations. It was BS in the first place and you know it.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DT-ARR wrote: »
    Quick gear swaps that are enabled solely via add-ons should be against ToS as they give a competitive advantage. This must be a PC only problem.

PC players don't play with or against console, just other PC players. Hence all PC players have access to the same tools as all other PC players.

There can be no competitive advantage in using addons when everyone in your player pool has the exact same options as anyone else. Personal choice to not use them bears your own personal responsibility and consequence.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on January 31, 2021 8:20PM