Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Player Housing

Dirtybyrd
Dirtybyrd
✭✭✭✭
When I first heard this MMO of ESO was coming out, The first thought I had was "OMG" Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim all together on one online game. So I was happy cause I knew in all games you had player housing, But now that its here, I see there is not any player housing! I am sad for that reason. But I have hopes of it coming in the future. So my question is, Is it something you guys are bring to us at a later date? Cant have ESO without it guys.
Dirtybyrd
  • d0e1ow
    d0e1ow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost certain they will add it in sooner or later. It's probably just not top priority for launching the game. It's content that will get people interested again once they start exhausting what's already in-game.
    "Her mystery was as essential to her as savagery was to Boethiah or treachery was to Molag Bal. To understand Nocturnal is to negate her, to pull back the curtains cloaking her realm of darkness." - Sigillah Parate "Invocation of Azura"

• Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    It Will give Me and I am sure many others the feeling of an RP gaming that will last for yrs to come as the game grows. I will be fixing my house or houses up all day... I can see it now! bring in my friends and guild mates to see your homes and all... I will be like "You Cant Touch This" lol
    Dirtybyrd
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They said its on the table, but not on priority. What this means we know from Blizzard, it took them 10 years to add housing...

Doubt ZO can wait that long to be honest. MMO and ESO fans want housing, but I am afraid they are holding it back for an add on. :(
    Edited by Audigy on April 23, 2014 9:13PM
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope they move housing up the priority list. All TES games are known for their housing.
    Edited by Willow on April 23, 2014 9:26PM
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's not like U/O housing littered all over the place. Something like instanced areas, like Lotro maybe.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Player housing would add a nice ES touch to this ES game. I am sure it will be a future addition.
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Saihung423
    Saihung423
    ✭✭✭
    Pattern it after EQ2. Their housing is phenomenal.
  • d0e1ow
    d0e1ow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    They said its on the table, but not on priority. What this means we know from Blizzard, it took them 10 years to add housing...

Doubt ZO can wait that long to be honest. MMO and ESO fans want housing, but I am afraid they are holding it back for an add on. :(

I doubt they will pull a Blizzard. Blizzard didn't say "It's on the table." For the longest time they dismissed the concept of housing entirely. Their Garrisons development can hardly be considered traditional MMO housing. They didn't feel housing went with Warcraft me thinks.

ESO on the other hand... I think housing is very core to the feeling this game is trying to evoke. I'm of the opinion that they've done a really great job of capturing the essence of Elder Scrolls here, and I think their future developments are going to stay in that vein. Housing would naturally be a part of that.

"Her mystery was as essential to her as savagery was to Boethiah or treachery was to Molag Bal. To understand Nocturnal is to negate her, to pull back the curtains cloaking her realm of darkness." - Sigillah Parate "Invocation of Azura"

• tangorn
    tangorn
    ✭✭
    Yep, it gotta be instanced, not enough land mass to build individual houses for all of us. But then it is going to be weird seeing crowds of other players walking into YOUR house from the outside, nowhere to be found on the inside.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they do add it, I hope they go the full meal deal and make it so you can build your own and decorate it and such.

Just as long as the housing areas are instanced.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Maarek
    Maarek
    I would like to see Housing done with the Imperial City expansion, both guild and player. You can buy one of several houses in the city (It is a large city after all) and once you go through the door, that is your instanced world. Outside it's the Imperial City, Inside, it's you home or guild home... Free to decorate. They could actually build like 20 different homes and costs associated with those, and you can move everywhere from the slums, to the castles, or even the dark brotherhood sewers. You could even divide up the city a little bit to represent different races and give racial homes a go as well.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in-game once said,

"Player Housing is something everyone talks about wanting, but once it's added you never hear about again."

I agree to a point, as I am also reminded of a few people complaining how pointless fishing is. Housing would also be a mere novelty if it wasn't a means to an end. I would love Housing. Hell, I would love neighbours.

That being said, has anyone ever played Dark Cloud?

Edited by Kova on April 23, 2014 9:34PM
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Saihung423 wrote: »
    Pattern it after EQ2. Their housing is phenomenal.

I agree. I don't like the idea of housing being located in a separate zone from the rest of the game. I would never use it.
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »

"Player Housing is something everyone talks about wanting, but once it's added you never hear about again."

I agree to a point, as I am also reminded of a few people complaining how pointless fishing is. Housing would also be a mere novelty if it wasn't a means to an end. I would love Housing. Hell, I would love neighbours.

I love Dark Cloud!

Yeah, fishing is pointless, but I thinks it's kind of relaxing and fun. I can't just be fighting monsters ALL the time. ;) I need my R&R. Somebody did a fishing tour, but it wasn't in my faction. That would have been fun. Give you people to talk to, anyway. I don't think that everything in an MMORPG has to have a point or a use in terms of experience or tangible reward, you know?

I'd also love housing where you could have neighbors. Isn't that the way LOTRO did it? As long as your neighborhood was a place where people actually went and actually talked to each other. I know, dream on.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kova wrote: »

Housing is not just have a house and your good. Its about having a own crafting table, space to store weapons and armor, a place to rest & repair items, to put your follower (once added)or pets etc.

SWG but also other MMO´s have proven that a housing system is more than just a home somewhere. You will have a new game within the game so to speak ;)

You could maybe craft a own cellar with a dungeon where you then put captured mobs or thieves ^^

Question is, how far would ZO go and would it be free to play or a shop thing.
    I doubt they will pull a Blizzard. Blizzard didn't say "It's on the table."

I remember that they had it listed in their Dev tracker at release, there even was a gate at SW where so rumors a housing system was planned.

But you are right, the stuff that they bring with WOD isn't housing, but more a slave factory :D
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    Like runescape, you can teleport to your house. and your friends can tele to you to be able to enter your house.
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Lady_Ase
    Lady_Ase
    With the crazy prices of bank space and carry space from merchants & ridiculously low "income" from looting containers and enemies, housing is priority! Where else to store this important items that you must level up to use? Or your runes, potion ingredients etc? Please make housing in ESO available!
  • Iamyew
    Iamyew
    Soul Shriven
    We all want our housing, no question, but it's a big undertaking and it's very low priority compared to ESO's numerous balancing issues. That being said, I believe that the best way to establish player housing is by having instanced NEIGHBORHOODS rather than instanced homes. You would, by default, be randomly assigned to one neighborhood instance but you would be allowed to move to another instance of the same neighborhood design and into the same plot size that a friend or guildmate was located in. The first move would be free, but there should be a minimum cool down of one week, and secondary+ moves to a new instance (assuming that you didn't buy a new/larger plot first) should have a relatively steep price associated. By doing this, many cities could have their own "residential zones" added, players and guilds could purchase various home and plot types, and maybe even elect a mayor or GL to renovate their particular neighborhood and/or headquarters.
  • Arbi
    Arbi
    ✭✭
    Maarek wrote: »
    I would like to see Housing done with the Imperial City expansion, both guild and player. You can buy one of several houses in the city (It is a large city after all) and once you go through the door, that is your instanced world. Outside it's the Imperial City, Inside, it's you home or guild home... Free to decorate. They could actually build like 20 different homes and costs associated with those, and you can move everywhere from the slums, to the castles, or even the dark brotherhood sewers. You could even divide up the city a little bit to represent different races and give racial homes a go as well.

I love this idea!
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    so have it come more news on the player house yet ? ^^
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    I currently live in the tavern, i rent a room in storm haven inn, its okie but people keep coming in my room and search through all my wardrobe's, take my books and stuff, even my onions i hide in my foot locker, it just rude
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Player Housing is said to be on the list! and top list at that, just no time frame on when it will come out... Zeni "said they want to do it right"
    Dirtybyrd
  • LadyInTheWater
    LadyInTheWater
    ✭✭✭
    I would LOVE housing, as long as it didn't turn into a new box to store more items.

Personally, I think there are at least a few people who like the idea of housing simply because they see "more storage space".

PvP zones are for the PvP'ers
    Raid instances are for the raiders

Housing should be for the people who are interested in designing and decorating a house; not simply a box for the PvP and PvE players to dump more loot.
    The moment you call someone stupid, or try to display your opinion as "fact", you lose all credibility.
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh thx @Dirtybyrd :) yeah they should take their time so when it comes out it will be awesome, but just not to long i hope xD yeah and pls let me know when any more news comes up ? ^^ thx agein
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will Do...
    Edited by Dirtybyrd on August 8, 2014 3:47PM
    Dirtybyrd
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want some well done instanced housing
    Hopefully it will take over from pack mule accs and give some decent house storage space
    +it will allow you to put down the hundreds of lorebooks you carry around in your pack when you make a library
    Housing should be for the people who are interested in designing and decorating a house; not simply a box for the PvP and PvE players to dump more loot.

to each their own
    Edited by Inversus on August 9, 2014 2:05AM
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want player housing for the RP and to have some where in game to say! Hey, This is my place... My space! The feeling to me I will have in a game I like to play is something like getting a gift at xmas. So yes, like my home in RL I will also dump my belongings :blush:
    Dirtybyrd
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I did find "home"
    in the hollow city ...
    :-)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the time I ever get a home, I will have destroyed or deconstructed anything I would have put in that home.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player housing and companions to me were a must they should have added to the game , only god knows when and if we will ever see it now really.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on August 11, 2014 5:48PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor