Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone please explain to me why I'm lagging so bad in Battlegrounds?

• Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right off the bat I want to say I play other online games such as one with 32vs32 players in a medium sized map and have 0 lag.

I'm missing the 50 kills achievement and a BG win to obtain the Midyear laurels, but right now it's simply extremely frustrating. around 6min to get a match, getting facerolled by ubergeared folks and all with a very nasty lag which makes the game unplayable if you want to land a kill. It's a miracle I managed to get 2 and 1 kills in my last games.

I don't have this issue with others games but ESO. I reinstalled the game on my SSD and set the graphics to potato medium. Still lagging like crazy. Meanwhile the other players don't seem to have this issue. I just don't understand what's the source of the issue since on my side I can play other online game with higher requirements and more players without ANY issue at all.

Any idea ? I feel that everything is there to prevent me from finishing this damn achievement. 2020 and still lagging...

My issue with bg is the lag, it how i was paired up in 5 out of 8 bg matches in one night i had 2 or 3 on my team when the other teams were full. There's no point in quitting b/c of penalty timer but it's mostly a total waste of time to even fight when it 4:4:2 and there's no chance of pulling a 2nd place loss even to get the exp bonus and the pvp skill line advancement.

Really, i dont want to have to do bg more than once and def not more than 2x and get my daily reward bonus and move on to something i want to do b/c 2 hrs on bg isnt it.
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Legate_Lanius
    Legate_Lanius
    ✭✭✭
    Lady_Linux wrote: »
    your internet connect sucks. no. 1 cause
    Wouldn’t be able to be at the top of the score board on Mordhau consistently if that was the case. A game where quick reactions is key.

Got my laurels anyway so I won’t set foot in bgs now. Getting facerolled by 1-2 dudes because their gear carry them isn’t pvp for me. Thankfully the PvE in this game is interesting and filled with activities.

For anyone having issues, adding the game on Windows Firewall helped a bit but it’s not 100% smooth. For some reason it’s the only game that doesn’t add itself on the list after the first launch.
    Edited by Legate_Lanius on February 1, 2020 3:19PM
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right off the bat I want to say I play other online games such as one with 32vs32 players in a medium sized map and have 0 lag.

I'm missing the 50 kills achievement and a BG win to obtain the Midyear laurels, but right now it's simply extremely frustrating. around 6min to get a match, getting facerolled by ubergeared folks and all with a very nasty lag which makes the game unplayable if you want to land a kill. It's a miracle I managed to get 2 and 1 kills in my last games.

I don't have this issue with others games but ESO. I reinstalled the game on my SSD and set the graphics to potato medium. Still lagging like crazy. Meanwhile the other players don't seem to have this issue. I just don't understand what's the source of the issue since on my side I can play other online game with higher requirements and more players without ANY issue at all.

Any idea ? I feel that everything is there to prevent me from finishing this damn achievement. 2020 and still lagging...

Its funny how those uber pros rekin players dont have 3 second cast time but hey! you do... :D They can do perfect combo in *** but you feel you are kinda disabled on wheelchair...
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah bgs are broken. Starting about last week . Lag makes it impossible to play and crashes are a feature now. Can't wait to see those servers or whatever the problem is replaced - as it becomes harder and harder to play ANY form of group content. And no, my gear and internet speed has no problem what so ever, checked, double checked, triple checked, contacted provider - everything else works fine - it's eso. Of course there's the other version of things in which the psijics are real, and they freeze time so wonderfully, that you are the only person moving in a place in which everything and everyone is "frozen", your stats included - only to realise (after a full running around a whole BG map like this) that ... you were dead all the while! (that's right, blame it on the psijics!)
    Edited by Erissime on January 27, 2021 3:24PM