Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update on Twitch Drops for The Elder Scrolls Online"

• KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried it and seems better than what we had before. No more wondering if got the drop or no, no more missing crates (hopefully), there is even build in timer showing how close to drop you are + inventory of drops we can check. Thumbs up from me.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An observation.

It seems if you watch say 7 minutes of a stream but then that stream ends then you can't 'start again' on another stream.

The stream this one is watching - she has 100% - but no crate.

The inventory still says 40% - which is about what she got on the previous stream.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It worked for me, but it's definitely easy to miss since you don't actually get a notification. I claimed it right away, but in hindsight I probably should have checked if I can see how long I have left to claim it...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • prtpj1ub17_ESO
    prtpj1ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »
    I too tested it and it work, more or less. There was no link in chat or any kind of message that I had a drop, the chat was semi dead so it wasn't like I could have missed it if it was there. But when I checked my twitch inventory after having run a stream for 17 minutes there was a crate for claiming that was applied to my account instantly.
    t8ap75aiyfqk.png

There is a box above the chat telling you about drops enabled

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, where or how have you guys tried the new drops??? I didn’t get any notification, and checking the channel now, I’m seeing that the last ESO video was three days ago — nothing from today.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how long until the drops are available in game? Its been 4 hours since I claimed it on twitch and not available in game yet.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, where or how have you guys tried the new drops??? I didn’t get any notification, and checking the channel now, I’m seeing that the last ESO video was three days ago — nothing from today.

Check the "Streamers page" link at the end of the article.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

Thank you! Although I am still confused as to why I see no sign of it on the ESO Twitch channel and didn’t receive any notification about it. :confused:
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thank you! Although I am still confused as to why I see no sign of it on the ESO Twitch channel and didn’t receive any notification about it. :confused:

What is ESO Twitch channel? The Bethesda one, where they run ESO Live? I'm not sure it was online today at all.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    There is a test event for the new drops system tomorrow:

01/15/21 @ 10AM - 01/15/21 @ 3PM EDT (Stream Team streams)
    majulook wrote: »
    Looks like a test run of the new drop process on Jan 15th

This in a link at the bottom of the streamers page: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/streamers

New Twitch Drops Test Run
    01/15/21 @ 10AM - 01/15/21 @ 3PM EDT
    01/15/21 @ 3PM EDT

Details
    Stream Team streams are Twitch Drop-enabled during this event.
    Tune in for 15 mins to receive a drop.

These two post are what made me aware there was even a test going on earlier today. I read through the article and did not realize there was going to be a test for us to try until I read these. (Thank you for posting @Holmarion19 and @majulook ).

I was able to watch an ESO stream team and after 15 minutes I did see the notification about the reward. I claimed it and waited a while (I was already in my game - Xbox NA) and it wasn't until I logged out to the start screen and back in that I received my drop.

It did work today, but I am a little confused to how long (in the future) I would have to claim the rewards. I think the article states until the end of the event. So for the big reveal on the 26th, I assume I have until the end of the stream to claim it? I would love some clarification on that from ZOS, If possible. Thank you.

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having to watch a stream for 15 minutes on Twitch seems like a steep price to pay for any freebie

Especially if they have those irritating jingles they play every time somebody does something pointless

I love watching xynodes streams except I can’t... I want to find out who ever put those sound clips together for him and bury them in the deepest hole I can find accompanied by a pack of hungry and disgruntled raccoons

Eyes turn towards the volume control…

Evil grin............... 😈

You got it all wrong. Enduring watching a stream is not a payment for a drop, instead a drop is a bonus for watching a stream you wanted to watch anyway.
    Also, who is paying attention to the chat in a twitch stream! The stupid thing goes past so fast you can’t read the blasted thing anyway. As someone else has pointed out you’re never going to notice this message to you in the first place

Open the stream, set a timer, check the chat when it runs out?

Ahhh but there in resides the problem for I fear you have missed the point I was making entirely ...

That being not wanting to watch said twitch stream in the first place...

Luckily I have a fix for that, there being not a single one I’ve ever come across that doesn’t have horrifically irritating jingles on it I can simply ignore this, it’s not as if anything good is ever come out of those crates in any case and it’s certainly not worth spending the time to get one to 3 more crystals LOL
  • Painik
    Painik
    ✭✭✭
    Not having to claim it manually but getting it automatically if we qualify for it (15+ mins) while using the top bar Notification icon to give us warning we got it would be probably better. Or keep it with claim, but definitely make use of the Notification icon.
    Solar powered.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do the new twitch drops not appear in the game?

My twitch account shows a claimed drop from the test on Jan 15th, but it is not available in game.

At least the other way they were available in the game.

OK Got it figured out some how my ESO account was not longer linked to Twitch BUT Twitch Was still linked to ESO Not sure what happened to do this.
    Edited by majulook on January 17, 2021 7:30PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is probably a stupid question, but use the Twitch app on mobike and can’t find anything that remotely looks like a Drops Inventory page - where is it?

Ignore pls. Found it (& its very obvious) but wasn’t there before!!
    Edited by Hallothiel on January 19, 2021 6:40PM
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    Add drops info to the game login screen or launcher.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The instructions indicate that a pop-up window should appear when linking your Twitch account that asks you to allow your ESO account to accept drops. My account was already linked, so I unlinked and re-linked but never got that pop-up confirmation window.

We'll see if I get any drops. I did try testing during the testing period, but before my 15 minutes came around, the stream I was watching apparently stopped offering drops, as the "drops enabled" tag disappeared.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 21, 2021 9:00PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The account page to login to the eso website is down. which means people can't verify
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks, store and account maintenance is now complete, so you should now be able to link your accounts to earn drops.

If you're unable to link your Twitch and ESO accounts before the end of the stream, you can contact Customer Support at help.elderscrollsonline.com for assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dhuz_groWiggin
    My experience:
    I saw more than 90k viewers on the stream at the start, and now, 15 minutes after the scheduled end of the drops, still more than 66k. I qualified for the pet+3 crates, and was at 37% of the 4th crate when the clock stopped. I did not click at exact 30 minute intervals, closer to 33 minutes, because I was more focused on the content than on the awards.

If less than half of the viewers qualified for all 4 crates, then the system might not be working as desired.
  • Jynx718
    Jynx718
    Soul Shriven
    I watched the reveal. But the drops were broken for me. When I tried to claim stuff, it gave me an error code. I went to the forum, but didn't know where to go from there. How do I get my pet and anything else? Was this the point of the switch? Not cool.
  • FaceDancer
    FaceDancer
    ✭✭
    I only got one crate then even when the message from a drop unlock appears and go to the drops page say that only got one unlocked and no one to claim
  • belfong
    belfong
    ✭✭
    I watched for almost 30 minutes on mobile but didn't get the drop. I only joined an hour later though, so does it work mid-stream?

Update: I am now at desktop and went to Twitch. I could see the Drops in my browser, but when I clicked "Claim Now", it gives me an Error.
    Edited by belfong on January 27, 2021 2:17AM
  • WalkingCodex
    WalkingCodex
    ✭✭✭
    Hi! Respectfully requesting a 'drop down's choice for Twitch drop issues on the support ticket form. I am submitting one and choosing correctly is iffy.

Thanks!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched the whole Twitch event and only got one crate — logged into the game to check and confirm that it was only one. I did receive the pet.

I use Araneae6537 on Twitch to make it simpler and my account is linked anyway — you can see I was on the whole time, commenting and accepting the Twitch channel points.
  • Gramma
    Gramma
    Soul Shriven
    Just awful. i asked multiple times how to get my crate drops and had no response. i logged in to twitch at 4:30 est and watched the entire thing until it ended and only got one crate and the pet. i feel cheated out of the other crates that i earned and tricked into watching the whole thing for less than what was promised.
  • Gramma
    Gramma
    Soul Shriven
    From Twitch FAQ:
    How do I claim and receive a time-based Drop?
    You must be watching a participation channel in order to receive progress towards the Drop. When you watch for the required amount of time, a claim message will appear at the bottom of chat area (top of chat on mobile) for a short period of time, where you will be able to claim the Drop. If you miss the claim message, you will still be able to claim the time-based Drop for the duration of the campaign from the Drops Inventory page.

So it's even better than old system. You don't have to watch stream and watch for 15-minutes spot. You can just start stream and claim reward couple hours later. In old system I had streams played for many hours, because I never knew if I have this drop or not. Today for test, I started random stream, wrote this post and already claimed drop from inventory. It was easy and very convienant, now I can close stream :)

Also if you click on your account icon (in right, upper corner), you can see progress of your drop.

I'm really happy with changes :)

EDIT: I started ESO and crate is already in game - that was fast!

they lied. i was only able to receive one crate and one pet after watching the entire live stream form 4:30 pm est until it ended.
  • Gramma
    Gramma
    Soul Shriven
    don't think i will invest any more time into their streams. i used to watch them, but now they are pointless because they don't give customers what they promised.
  • Gramma
    Gramma
    Soul Shriven
    So...

"Drops for The Elder Scrolls Online can include Ouroboros Crown Crates, which contain a random selection of in-game consumables such as Crown Poisons, Mimic Stones, Riding Lessons, or Experience Scrolls. They also have an extremely rare chance to contain an exclusive Senche of Scarlet Regret mount or Senche Cub of Scarlet Regret pet."

I am not sure if I understand it correctly. I can get a Ouroboros Crown Crate OR very rarely I get a mount or pet. Does this mean that Ouroboros Crown Crates do not include the mount or pet anymore ? And mount or pet can now "drop" as a separate code / reward ?

It written in a very confusing way tbh....

Edit:
    Also, since there is a requirement to claim drops manually, but instead... drops are "Guaranteed" (previously it was rng %). Is that correct ?
    "You are guaranteed a Drop once you meet the 15 minute requirement"

And one more question:
    "Important: In some cases you may have a limited time to claim your Drops, so be sure to grab them as soon as you see the notification"

How much is "limited"? Is it a day or less ? ? ? That is kinda a "vital" information...

the drop crates only drop potions or poisons which can be turned into crown gems which can be spent. but the new system is so bad, they only offered one single crate and the pet after i invested so much time into "participating in chat" from 4:30 pm until the entire stream was over. it's a scam to make you watch the stream for less loot.
  • iTheApprentice
    iTheApprentice
    Soul Shriven
    I never got the pet or a crate...
    Both my progress bars stopped at 66% and 33% respectively. I watched rhe whole thing and participated in the chat several times. No pop ups or even any progression.
    I play all classes with all roles.
    Playing support is just so much more rewarding don't you think?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    An observation.

It seems if you watch say 7 minutes of a stream but then that stream ends then you can't 'start again' on another stream.

The stream this one is watching - she has 100% - but no crate.

The inventory still says 40% - which is about what she got on the previous stream.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    @SantieClaws , I noticed this too. the %'s on the main drop down menu and the %'s on the actual Drops webpage didn't always match up.

Refreshing the drops page seemed to help, but depending on the timeframe of claim, not having correct information from the main page seems like a potential issue.

The ultimate goal is to get people to actual watch the stream content, correct, not constantly jump from page to page to make sure they aren't missing out on a drop because the numbers don't match up.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS