Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I think vet Vateshran needs to be toned down a bit.

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Okay so I've been doing vet Vateshran lately and I think it needs to be toned down a bit.

Red end boss is okay since you can defeat him as long as you have a good build and follow the mechanics.

Green end boss needs to have the stun/knockback from his landing on platforms turned off since it can cause a bug that kills us. What happens specifically is that he will sometimes land on a platform that I'm no longer on yet still stun/knock me back. Sometimes this happens while I'm grappling to another platform. When this happens the game just throws me to my death, locks my controls for longer than they should be, or force me onto a platform I wasn't on nor going to. All three of which are causing me to get killed thanks to broken mechanics.

Blue end boss. Either the watchers need to be weaker, spawn less, or do much less damage, or have the portal up longer. The way the boss is now I need to use a special build just for him and even then I struggle more than I do with the last boss of the arena. There's just waaaay too much going on.

Last arena boss. For some reason the last boss isn't the most difficult of them all which is...an odd design choice. I'd still tone this one down a bit however. It does however have an occasional bug where the massive blast that grows from the center detonates early causing a death.

Alternative. Let us choose our arena weapon at the end of vet solo arenas. At least then we'll only need to do this poorly thought out arena once.

2nd alternative. Make the perfected bonuses 3x stronger. Then it would be worth the effort to get them

Oh and please, no "git gud" comments or advice. Most of the advice I see for this arena is basically to cheese the dungeon mechanics. Aka cheat. Also I'm pretty good at the game. I can do this arena on vet, it just aint worth the effort.
Edited by hexentb16_ESO on January 21, 2021 8:10AM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The arena is pretty solid difficulty wise. Not impossible yet still challenging.

And if you don't think the perfected weapons are worth the effort, just run it on normal and get the normal weapons. Normal is faceroll easy.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay so I've been doing vet Vateshran lately and I think it needs to be toned down a bit.

Red end boss is okay since you can defeat him as long as you have a good build and follow the mechanics.

Green end boss needs to have the stun/knockback from his landing on platforms turned off since it can cause a bug that kills us. What happens specifically is that he will sometimes land on a platform that I'm no longer on yet still stun/knock me back. Sometimes this happens while I'm grappling to another platform. When this happens the game just throws me to my death, locks my controls for longer than they should be, or force me onto a platform I wasn't on nor going to. All three of which are causing me to get killed thanks to broken mechanics.

Blue end boss. Either the watchers need to be weaker, spawn less, or do much less damage, or have the portal up longer. The way the boss is now I need to use a special build just for him and even then I struggle more than I do with the last boss of the arena. There's just waaaay too much going on.

Last arena boss. For some reason the last boss isn't the most difficult of them all which is...an odd design choice. I'd still tone this one down a bit however.

Alternative. Let us choose our arena weapon at the end of vet solo arenas. At least then we'll only need to do this poorly thought out arena once.

2nd alternative. Make the perfected bonuses 3x stronger. Then it would be worth the effort to get them

Oh and please, no "git gud" comments or advice. Most of the advice I see for this arena is basically to cheese the dungeon mechanics. Aka cheat. Also I'm pretty good at the game. I can do this arena on vet, it just aint worth the effort.

Bugs aside the arena as a good spot difficulty wise. We need more content like this.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The green cow boss needs to be fixed something chronic. Not only what you've said, but when you've landed on a platform and immediately get knocked down and take a ton of damage before he's even landed and sometimes BEFORE HE'S EVEN TAKEN OFF that's some garbage.

Between that and yeeting yourself off the platform because there's just no grapple prompt ever appearing, this is one busted af boss.
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this arena does not need to be turned down a notch.

i agree with your proposal of the green boss, but these are bugfixes, not turning down the difficulty

i dont know if you have been arround as Maelstrom arena launched? Because if you compare these two, the former, Maelstrom, was significantly harder and longer. in comparison: it took me arround a week of on and off playing in the maelstrom to finish it, and another 3 weeks for me to be able to do it in one go, which took roughly about 2 hours or more if i recall correctly.

Vateshran on the other hand, i went in completly blind, without any guide the first time and completed it within 1.5 hours. Thean i read a guide and got my Spirit Slayer on the third run.

This is a significant difference in difficulty between the two, allthou i dont know how much of that comes from powercreep or me becoming a better player. But it does not matter the reason, all i say is it would be a shame if vateshran gets turned down a notch, since it allready IS turned down a whole bunch if you compare it to maelstrom.
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hand it

Last arena boss. For some reason the last boss isn't the most difficult of them all which is...an odd design choice. I'd still tone this one down a bit however. It does however have an occasional bug where the massive blast that grows from the center detonates early causing a death.

T

No, i feel the arena is in a rather good spot. I would like them to increase the difficulty some overall though. I cleared it in a couple hours first time i entered. Maelstrom took me like 2 weeks for first clear.
    Edited by ErMurazor on January 21, 2021 8:56AM
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The arena was fun a couple times.
    All I have ever heard from people is just nuke everything as fast as possible.
    That's not cheating.
    Each stage gets progressively harder and there is an order for stam or mag to get the correct buffs.
    However I disagree on toning it down or nerfing it it any way.
    I would prefer it buffed it was way too easy.
    I essentially got spirit slayer on my 3rd run just nuked everything...
    It's got nothing on vma on release or even a modern day flawless conqueror...
    I literally just used pfg/ms/slimecraw on magnb with essentially my dungeon build and swallow soul to heal.
    Didn't have to change builds once.
    So personally I want it made more difficult less forgiving.
    No way I should no death it 3rd run, I promise you my 3rd clear of vma my palms were still sweating and I may just have had 0 vitality lol.
    Not just clear and say neat.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »

i agree with your proposal of the green boss, but these are bugfixes, not turning down the difficulty

i dont know if you have been arround as Maelstrom arena launched? Because if you compare these two, the former, Maelstrom, was significantly harder and longer. in comparison: it took me arround a week of on and off playing in the maelstrom to finish it, and another 3 weeks for me to be able to do it in one go, which took roughly about 2 hours or more if i recall correctly.

Vateshran on the other hand, i went in completly blind, without any guide the first time and completed it within 1.5 hours. Thean i read a guide and got my Spirit Slayer on the third run.

This is a significant difference in difficulty between the two, allthou i dont know how much of that comes from powercreep or me becoming a better player. But it does not matter the reason, all i say is it would be a shame if vateshran gets turned down a notch, since it allready IS turned down a whole bunch if you compare it to maelstrom.

Becoming a better player makes a MASSIVE difference in how "difficult" things feel, to be honest.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People having difficulty with this clear are probably not running PFG. People seem to forget that point.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    Xuhora wrote: »

Becoming a better player makes a MASSIVE difference in how "difficult" things feel, to be honest.

yeah thats for sure, but i play since beta, so i had a fair bit of playtime before Mealstrom launched, thats why i think i didnt get that much better between maelstrom and vateshran. but i dont recall how i played back then tbh, long long time ago
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, bc Vateshran has so many buffs to aid you. If you're struggling, use them all.

There are resource buffs that boost your max resources by a ton. Also, the secret bosses give you buffs, and on top of all that, you also have the sigil buffs.

The bosses get progressively harder depending on the order you play them, so keep that in mind when choosing which one to play first, second, last. The correct portal order helps immensely.
    Edited by CrashTest on January 23, 2021 5:32AM
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it needs to be toned up a bit. It’s a meme compared to when VMA dropped. It’s far too easy I have done a lot of silly builds in there.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Place is ez pz. Lighting staff heavy attack your way to victory.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    The arena is fine difficulty wise they just need to fix bugs like grappling to your death.