The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

A Patch 2 days before PVP Mayhem Event?

majulook
majulook
✭✭✭✭✭
This seams like a bad idea as every patch before a event seems to cause issues.

What do you all think? Is this a good idea?

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because it’s the date where dataminers find out everything about the upcoming Chapter hours before it’s officially revealed.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is prolly so they can move resources to PVP to make it playable.

Yes, they have been able to do this the whole time.
  • Raegwyr
    Raegwyr
    ✭✭✭✭

Well investing in better server costs money and they clearly don't want to do that even if it would work
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't think it would be a big balance patch? Could just be getting things ready for new content. You might have noticed two new NPCs at the Impresario's tent, but nothing else about Gates of Oblivion in the game yet

Speculating before the patch drops might just stress you out. Maybe go play dodge-the-werewolf in battlegrounds while we all wait
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This and then remove it once the event ends and its back to a lag fest
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raegwyr wrote: »

Well investing in better server costs money and they clearly don't want to do that even if it would work

Yet Microsoft just spend 7 BILLION , so I'm sure they can get a few funds
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raegwyr wrote: »

Yet Microsoft just spend 7 BILLION , so I'm sure they can get a few funds

Doesn't happen until late second quarter this year. Not going to affect anything even then - they've said the game will continue "as it is now".
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Yes, because it’s the date where dataminers find out everything about the upcoming Chapter hours before it’s officially revealed.

Don't datamines usually come from PTS and not live servers?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They have to switch cyrodill to the magic server👍
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

This is correct the datamihe will be about a week and a day or two after the reveal. Pts update is usually one week after then anywhere from the day of up to 2 days after pts update is when leak is live.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually. But ZOS is aware of this, and for things that they don't want datamined, they will drop them in a PC Live incremental right before and completely bypass PTS. This is what they've done with the previous chapter, BTW.

The Tuesday patch is definitely a "add in assets at the last minute to circumvent PC dataminers" patch.

We should also be getting the assets for the new event gimmick (the successor to the Indrik)...

(Consoles should already have these assets because you can't datamine on them, which is why some morsels of the Indrik-successor-gimmick details were already present on the console version whereas they are still missing on PC.)
    Edited by code65536 on January 25, 2021 12:59PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, this is because ZOS add next patches art assets to the PTS, including Crown Store art assets.

However, if you check the language files in this current patch where it will eventually say something like
    "Buy the 2021 chapter for reasons X, Y, and, Z"
    It currently says "Zone Description" "Feature Description https://i.imgur.com/KW23J2Z.png

They will need to update this text so people will be able to see the new chapter and be redirected to the store from tomorrow.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on January 25, 2021 9:13AM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They haven't done an incremental patch in over a month.
    There are things other than assets for MYM stability for which people have been waiting to receive attention, that ZOS stated couldn't be addressed outside of an incremental patch.

PC/NA Warden Main
    • Mettaricana
      Mettaricana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Good helps me decide how much money i won't be wasting on zos in 2021
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      They haven't done an incremental patch in over a month.
      There are things other than assets for MYM stability for which people have been waiting to receive attention, that ZOS stated couldn't be addressed outside of an incremental patch.
      Maybe ui bugs or some ctd fixes (but probably not all). Anyway, not being pesymistic, but rather realistic there is a solid chance they will fix 2 things... and break 3 other...

Last time I made a mistake and logged in on my main right after patch and permanently lost a skill point. So next patch (any "next patch") I will be basically logging in with my alts and do crafting dailies, till I have some level of confirmation that it is "ok" and more or less "critical bug free" so I can login on my main.

I kinda lost trust and simply put I see any incremental patch as a potenial threat that can break something. For example - just like some skill points were lost, imagine loosing some currency randomly when you change zone or stuff like that...

^ That trust needs to be rebuild, but it gonna take time...
      Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 25, 2021 10:27AM
    • Seraphayel
      Seraphayel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      CyberOnEso wrote: »

Yes, this is because ZOS add next patches art assets to the PTS, including Crown Store art assets.

However, if you check the language files in this current patch where it will eventually say something like
      "Buy the 2021 chapter for reasons X, Y, and, Z"
      It currently says "Zone Description" "Feature Description https://i.imgur.com/KW23J2Z.png

They will need to update this text so people will be able to see the new chapter and be redirected to the store from tomorrow.

This is exactly what I mean. Chapter description, contents and features will be datamined as soon as the patch hits live servers. Everything else comes with the PTS a week later.
      PS5
      EU
      Aldmeri Dominion
      - Khajiit Arcanist -
    • rumple9
      rumple9
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Forum banner says no maintenace this week ?
    • LalMirchi
      LalMirchi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      rumple9 wrote: »
      Forum banner says no maintenance this week ?

From the banner at the top of every threadP "PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – January 26, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)" That is this week ;)
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dumb question, maybe, but where did ZOS say the start date of Midyear Mayhem?
    • techyeshic
      techyeshic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      rumple9 wrote: »
      Forum banner says no maintenace this week ?

Yeah they are confusing with the banner. WIll say something like "No maintenance the week of Monday the 25th. Maintenance on Tuesday the 26th." Just to say maintenance is on Tuesday in stead of the regular Monday.

Also OP; they usually have maintenance right before. Think July they even did it on the Thursday it started but may be wrong.
    • rumple9
      rumple9
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      5 hours maintenance That's last day of eso plus trial screwed then. Beggars belief
    • Jierdanit
      Jierdanit
      ✭✭✭✭✭

PC/EU, StamSorc Main
    • CSose
      CSose
      ✭✭✭✭
      They use the maintenance just before MYM to adjust server allocations, and use the maintenance right after MYM to revert things back.

This is how we know they can fix most of the performance issues if they chose to. PvP performs much better during the MYM event even with exponential more people in PvP for the event because of these changes. Then they just change them back after the event is over.
    • UrbanMonk
      UrbanMonk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Imo just another patch...till they patch this patch with another patch and eventually that patch will get patched too...because they broke something in the previous patch...which was patched in last patch but now a new patch is needed to fix the patch from before the last patch...
      Oops...ran out of duct tape
      Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
      -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
      -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
      -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
      -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
      Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
    • PizzaCat82
      PizzaCat82
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Maybe they'll nerf procs, heavy armor, and WW. Watch the PVPers squirm.. MAYHEM!
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jierdanit wrote: »

Thank you!
    • Vorpan
      Vorpan
      ✭✭✭
      I'm not worried. Maintaining the server is a good thing.
    • techyeshic
      techyeshic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      PizzaCat82 wrote: »
      Maybe they'll nerf procs, heavy armor, and WW. Watch the PVPers squirm.. MAYHEM!

One could dream, but they make sure every single broken thing lasts at least 3 months to the next major update. Usually well beyond that. A lot of people should panic when it happens though. A lot to crutch on these days.
      Edited by techyeshic on January 25, 2021 3:56PM