Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How are Clam Gall and Powdered Mother Pearl not Purple/Gold items?

Randcome
Randcome
Soul Shriven
Their price is now 7K each to buy and they make purple and gold food. Their scarcity is crazy. They are green when all the other alchemy reagents are also green, but can be found in every zone pretty much everywhere. Makes no sense. Increase the drop rate or make them golds. I get golds more often from crafting than you can clam gall unless you REALLY farm it. I mean i even get scrib jelly from my automatic crafting items i get every day. It is also a green and used to make rare foods as well.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently discovered how pricey and sought after Powdered mother of pearl is. Had 400 sitting in my craft bag I was never using. Decided to sell 300. Not sure they are that hard to get. I passively racked up 400 without even knowing I was doing so.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that they drop better from Abyssal Geysers than from farming class, personally. Which puts them more on par with the reagents that drop from Dragon hunts and Harrowstorms.

Unfortunately, that does mean that as less players do that content, we can expect less on the market.
  • Tremuto
    Tremuto
    ✭✭✭
    Because if they were higher tier ingredients, they'd be priced at 100k with Chromium.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I recently discovered how pricey and sought after Powdered mother of pearl is. Had 400 sitting in my craft bag I was never using. Decided to sell 300. Not sure they are that hard to get. I passively racked up 400 without even knowing I was doing so.

You probably got them during jubilee. I know that's where the majority of mine came from. They do also have a low drop rate in daily alchemy writs.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could atleast make drop rates for those higher then they currently are from IC parcels.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it really matter what color they are??
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

Not really.

Kind of too bad I'm not into the trader scene. For some reason I have gazooolas of both. I could probably make millions - as I don't use them myself.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Potent Nirncrux white and not gold?
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually wonder why MoP & Clam Gall are alchemy reagents, does anyone actually use them in alchemy?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should atleast unbind them from Summerset as its a stupid reason to go back to a single zone and waste the day farming. Just add the drop nodes to the coasts and beaches of the base game onward since no one is doing geysers anymore.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All other alchemy ingredients are green as well. Price has nothing to do with what color they are.
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭

A little.

Quality tier is one of the things guild traders let you use as a filter.
    Being able to search for purple furnishing plans while excluding the greens and blues I'm already max knowledge on is something I find useful.

Extending this quality tiering to other things could potentialy be useful for more precise trader searches.

Hardly a priority improvement given how much of the game is still broken, but if it was a quick job to implement it then sure, why not?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A little.

Being able to search for purple furnishing plans while excluding the greens and blues I'm already max knowledge on is something I find useful.

Extending this quality tiering to other things could potentialy be useful for more precise trader searches.

Hardly a priority improvement given how much of the game is still broken, but if it was a quick job to implement it then sure, why not?

There is a text filter, just type the name into the box and it will show any that are on the trader
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    They could atleast make drop rates for those higher then they currently are from IC parcels.

Agree, i recently spent 500k stones on those bags. Rate was approximately, one drop (2-5)? per 100k stones. Way too low
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭

A little.

There is a text filter, just type the name into the box and it will show any that are on the trader

I know.
    I'm already doing that when after one specific item.

The colouration option isn't used for that job, its to reduce the scope of a search to a managable size while still being able to find multiple desired results in 1 search.

Think in terms of quickly looking for rare provisioning ingredients in several dozen traders by excluding the common ingredients, then apply that idea to other searches.
    Edited by Evil_Rurouni on January 27, 2021 3:56PM