Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else getting big lags in PVE just the last couple nights?

HeyNongMer
HeyNongMer
Soul Shriven
Just for the last couple nights, Wednesday and Thursday, I've been getting usually big lags in Dungeons and general PVE on PC/NA. Like I'll wait 2 or 3 seconds before a power fires sometimes, same before a sale registers with merchants, and NPCs and other players are freezing and jumping all over the place. Usually in busy places like Alinor or Cyrodill it's the whole screen that freezes, but what's happening now is I can move around but there's a delay with everyone and everything else. My connection seems fine from my end, and there's nothing else out of the ordinary happening internet-wise. Morning and afternoon I don't have any problems, but after 6:00 it's a whole different story. No one else in my dungeon groups seems to be getting it as bad... so is this happening to anyone else?
  • blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, PC/NA as well. I had a vSS run on Wednesday that was called early because multiple people had severe lag and rubberbanding. The instance was completely unplayable.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually see this on free eso+ weeks and, there's one on right now.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, lighting on last trash pull in nKA, it was idiotic, yes that fight tend to be laggy but it was idiotic.
    Also felt like it was more lag in other trials.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, undaunted npc's and doors taking 10-15 sec to interact with last nite.
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here but also early morning times.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen some lag but none to the point of being unplayable. However it is taking minutes to log in if I don't get a lobby error first.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have, just playing in overland PVE questing,probably the most casual thing you can do.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've only been logging in to get the daily rewards......also been crashing before I even get to that point, on an XSX -_-
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 NA has been kinda rough the last few days as well. I couldn't get light attacks or skills to fire at all earlier.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to what PvP puts up with 24/7
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the start of the free eso+ week, I am frequently experiencing lag in group dungeons, to the point where tanking is impossible. Taunts don't work, chains take several seconds to happen, block is not registering. I queued as tank for a random normal, with an actual tank build, got CoS which should not present a problem at all to me, but I died repeatedly to missing AoE telegraphs, failed blocks and abilities not taking effect. I had to resort to fake tanking and do a "headless chicken run" with the others to stay alive and get us through the instance. Fortunately, I had a solo setup for the character which I could use instead.
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aye, and it's bad this time. I usually never see lag while fishing. But seeing it now. I usually have pretty good internet, so I am assuming it's zos.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been having odd lag for a couple months. I don't get lag in any other game so I know its not my end or my net
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it started today. Massive Lagspikes with standstill. Sometimes as much as 20 seconds.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • MissAethe
    MissAethe
    ✭✭✭
    XBox NA here

For weeks now it's been kind of bad for me, especially trying to run any Undaunted dungeons with my group. I seem to have more lag on anything animation heavy, especially blowing ults (my tank is a warden ice tank and i use dual ice staves, one of my ults is enchanted forest and it has broken me out of a dungeon using it more than once for the severe lag).

The last couple of days, however, I've been having serious delays in my techniques going off, or even registering tasks like opening chests or trying to sprint. Usually I can tolerate it but the big annoying pve moment is after any sort of large boss fight or bone colossus (IDK why with them, either), I get stuck in that zone where nothing works and no clicks register until I roll-dodge myself out of being stuck.

Maybe it IS from the ESP+ free trial but I don't see a whole lot of people around at 7am EST, so I don't have any context to full crowds
    Xbox NA 10am-2am EST/EDT - Find me In-Game @MissAethe
    Guildmaster - Nox Tyrannis - A Late Night 21+ PVE/Social Guild

Dragonknight Spite Healer Extraordinaire
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just now, Castle Thorn was impossibly hard on normal difficulty because chains, block, dodge and telegraphs were delayed to the point of basically not working at all. I expected an easy farm run with a group I know can do this dungeon easily, but we got a 30 minute struggle with several wipes on the blood swimming pool boss that resulted in failure.
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been having this freeze lag for years now, don't know whats causing it as my connection is fine with everything else. The game pauses for a couple of seconds then everything speeds up, happening pretty much always in pvp even when theres nobody around and also in pve zones. Brought this up before with no solutions so far, makes playing pvp impossible rn super frustrating.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA