The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please fix the Timbercrow Wanderer Costume

Vlad9425
Vlad9425
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This costume has the potential to be one of the best in the game and it should be considering how long the grind is to obtain it. The problem of course is the utterly horrible diaper or “granny pants” which this costume uses and it looks absolutely terrible and ruins the whole look of the costume.

Can we please get an update to this costume to use the default underwear and get rid of those ridiculous granny panties which make the costume look like it was released unfinished.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't even look like diapers or granny panties. It looks like texture is missing or wrong. Which is something that should be fixed.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you guys filed a bug report for this? That might be the only way of possibly getting a fix.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NetViperX wrote: »
    Have you guys filed a bug report for this? That might be the only way of possibly getting a fix.

I don't have a lot of faith in bug reports.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Flowres.cartoonstock.com%2Fbusiness-commerce-work-worker-working-employees-employers-dcr0517_low.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
    Edited by Ackwalan on October 31, 2020 3:22PM
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    butt pasties.

yea it looks horrible.
    NetViperX wrote: »

it was reported on the pts. it went live. has been talked about since with no acknowledgement.
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already have the unopend rune box of it ... unopend because I'm not sure if it is wearable on male chars.
    To me it seems as it is more for female chars of which I have none.
    What's your opinion about it?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milchbart wrote: »
    I already have the unopend rune box of it ... unopend because I'm not sure if it is wearable on male chars.
    To me it seems as it is more for female chars of which I have none.
    What's your opinion about it?

It's basically supposed to be the Reachmen outfit from Skyrim in ESO, but of course its not a perfect 1/1 conversion.... with obvious issues...

Odds are ZOS won't change it like they didn't change the Dark Passions Regalia so if you don't like it I guess you could sell it. Or use the runebox anyway and treat it like an achievement... IDK.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in agreement about this costume - it could look great, if they even just went for the default underwear (like Nordic Bather's Towel does) rather than the granny panties. Heck, even making the granny panties dyeable would fix a lot of problems.

But for me, the bigger issue is the fact that dudes keep the sports bra. It'd actually look great if they dropped the top for the guys.

When this was out on PTS, @Fischblut made some mockups that looked so much better by just photoshopping out the panties and the top for the guys:
    Fischblut wrote: »
    Also, even with large top for girls, the costume could look better without diaper-style underwear:

zrYI5ht.jpg

In this example, I actually used picture of khajiit in her default underwear, so everything shown on the picture (even a bit more) can be seen in game if character has no armor equipped.

Male characters need to have bare chest while wearing this costume:

wKd4GkE.jpg

If this costume had no top for male characters, had less modest top for female characters, and had better underwear (together with ability to color it, using same channel as main body color) - currently this would be the best costume for showing the most of character's body art :)

If they made it like that, it'd honestly look great.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they care about it, they've already decided not to fix anything else in the game. A costume is low priorities, even if their players have to wait 50 days to earn it.
    I'll bring up the crown crate hairstyle again, basically costs real money, it changes some player's hair color to white, a pretty irritating bug, but they said "no, we won't fix it."
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt they care about it, they've already decided not to fix anything else in the game. A costume is low priorities, even if their players have to wait 50 days to earn it.
    I'll bring up the crown crate hairstyle again, basically costs real money, it changes some player's hair color to white, a pretty irritating bug, but they said "no, we won't fix it."

It would be an easy fix I don’t see how they could just ignore this when so many people are dissatisfied with how this costume got released.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »

It would be an easy fix I don’t see how they could just ignore this when so many people are dissatisfied with how this costume got released.

You're probably right, it is an easy fix, but they don't care to waste anymore resources on ESO. Zos is working on a new mmo, probably 85% of their team is working on that while they let ESO sink.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those edits are great! I went on a crusade to have past costumes fixed to no avail so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I'm saving my merits bc I want the costume but not sure I would ever actually use it bc the butt flaps and the fact the fur cant be dyed.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't even look like diapers or granny panties. It looks like texture is missing or wrong. Which is something that should be fixed.

Any updates on if/when these diaper-like missing textures will be fixed?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t imagine why the costume was made available in-game looking like that! It looks so clearly unfinished or errored in the back!

I also wish that all slots would have a hideable option. I’m not sure how it should work for costumes... maybe only if parts are separate they are hideable? But there are a number of costumes where a topless option for guys would definitely look better!
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Something tells me that this is just a poor attempt to make the costume more modest and not a missing texture but I hope I’m wrong and we get a fix for this.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Something tells me that this is just a poor attempt to make the costume more modest and not a missing texture but I hope I’m wrong and we get a fix for this.

Any attempts at modesty failed when they left the undergarment skin tone xD

Wasn't going to bother with it due to having many chars that will most certainly not be wearing this,
    BUT the few I have that can match that colour look fantastic. Just sad it's only usable by beige characters...
    hey, wait, isn't that a bit... um, nm LOL
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could have sworn this topic had many more replies to it and a few actual pics of the outfit within it....Anyone else feel like this thread has thinned out? I don't know, maybe I'm thinking of a different thread. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    bought it when it was new, used once, looked at it from back like we will be looking at our character for most time while playing...after moment I just put away this and I wont use it anyome again till ZOS will get rid of these pants
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could have sworn this topic had many more replies to it and a few actual pics of the outfit within it....Anyone else feel like this thread has thinned out? I don't know, maybe I'm thinking of a different thread. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah, there have been a number of threads asking for this to be fixed.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/548692/timbercrow-underwear-please-change-to-default-underwear-instead/p1
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • keshka007
    keshka007
    ✭✭
    Same here.....50 days grinding and I get granny panties for my girl....NOT HAPPY
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    keshka007 wrote: »
    Same here.....50 days grinding and I get granny panties for my girl....NOT HAPPY

50 day grind for granny panties lol
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA: If you want to see something really amusing, put on the free 'Horror Within' body markings with Timbercrow.

TADA! Now you have a big black wasteband(?) on the backside of your 'granny panties' xD

So sad. One of the very few body markings that don't disappear under the the panties, would have been great, LOL - oh, well.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rezdayn wrote: »
    Awful costume. Who cares.

The very fact that there are multiple threads about this on the forums means many people care?
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [Quoted post was removed]

The very fact that there are multiple threads about this on the forums means many people care?

[Quoted post was removed]

Who are you to decide what’s not needed? If you don’t like the costume don’t wear it on your character, many of us are disappointed because we grinded 50 days to get an unfinished texture on a costume that has a lot of potential to be good. [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on January 24, 2021 3:21PM
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Message was intended for the hidden recipient.

The above post is so contradictory when this "loincloth that doesn't match the theme of the game" is very similar to the forsworn outfit (far superior version) that appears in Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. I also prefer how it looked, too.

xuYWeuq.png

Edited by Kikazaru on January 24, 2021 8:48PM
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awful costume. Who cares.

If you want to see someone half naked you have google. In fact you can even get better than half naked. Not needed in eso.

Who are you to decide what’s not needed? If you don’t like the costume don’t wear it on your character, many of us are disappointed because we grinded 50 days to get an unfinished texture on a costume that has a lot of potential to be good. Kinda sad that you even needed to bring nudity into this tbh...

You would agree that at some point on the scale you dont want x in the game so spare me...

You probably think it would be stupid if we could turn into mech warriors and shoot missiles out our fingers... so you have a scale and a "nah thats not good for the game" limit as well... dont pretend like you dont...

I think it is stupid to have loincloth costumes in the game. It doesn't match the theme of the world they designed and the things our characters do.

I think its sad you need to have a character mostly naked in this game...

As I said before... you have google... you dont need your character to be naked.

I think it's completely fair to not like the costume and for it to not suit any of what your characters do. But it certainly does fit the TES world. The TES world is MASSIVE, full of different cultures and types of people with their own interests, both NPCs and players' OCs.

Not everyone plays characters that this outfit wouldn't thematically suit. A lot of the ''skimpy'' outfits in this game are perfectly, validly designed casual wear, as one example.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix Granny Pants. Or give me a cane and dentures.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're probably right, it is an easy fix, but they don't care to waste anymore resources on ESO. Zos is working on a new mmo, probably 85% of their team is working on that while they let ESO sink.

There is zero proof that they work on new MMO. Every article about that is just assumtions based on their "searching for..." job list. Just saying.
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Slyclone
    Slyclone
    ✭✭✭✭
    They just have bigger fish to fry right now
    That's it, that's all.