The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Has Zos said anything about the planned stamina racial rebalance?

Tsar_Gekkou
Tsar_Gekkou
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't remember if anything has been done recently, but I do remember this from a while back: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/490953/u23-combat-q-a/p1

Have any recent/upcoming changes been made or alluded to for stamina races? I assumed the rebalance was going to specifically target orcs since they're at the top of the stam dps ladder right now after redguard got thrown off a while back.
Xbox NA healer main
vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main issue is that stamina is over sustaining like mad. There is no reason to run any other race if the main damage race also brings health to the table (dunmers are ~200 dps behind, and don't bring any health) and all the "sustain races" are enjoying "mediocre bonuses" (because stamina is over sustaining like mad).

Magicka has an issue, they are hungry for resources, and usually can't sustain without a healer (usually can barely sustain even with a good healer). So other races are also welcome (khajit, Breton) for their sustain passives.

Now about the link you posted, o boy don't get me started.
    They said they will try giving more options to class "power surge" skill. It can no longer be provided by altar.
    They said they will make sure class kit is stronger, many class skills still suck hard.
    They said they will address races. Nothing done in that regard. If anything their latest "buffs" changes made sure stamina has even more sustain and orcs are even more dominant.

It's been a year. Don't hold your breath.
    Edited by zvavi on January 23, 2021 5:52PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bosmer mages are not fans of stamina or magicka being the essence of any race. But that's a much bigger issue than Orc's dominating stam builds.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the plans went through the window lately, we had no class passes for a while which were not complete last time they started. Each new update creates more issues they can't solve so older ones getting queue I suppose.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We may know more this Tuesday, but I would not hold my breath. Outside of the art direction on the chapters and dlcs, the actual direction of the game feels a bit phoned in.
    Edited by BlueRaven on January 23, 2021 8:29PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    We may know more this Tuesday, but I would not hold my breath. Outside of the art direction on the chapters and dlcs, the actual direction of the game feels a bit phoned in.

Ya, I feel like we are in the preliminary stages of heading towards a cash grab.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope that when they do it, they also give Bosmer back their stealth.

The only thing that has changed about the stamina race hierarchy is that physical penetration is now a lot more accessible to organized groups, which ironically makes Bosmer's Hunter's Eye even more useless in PvE than it was before and even untangling it from the dodgeroll would probably not affect dps much. All the tank has to do now is wear Tremorscale and the stamina group is happy.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer's needs a buff.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    Bosmer's needs a buff.

Bosmer at least needs Y'ffre's Endurance buffed to 336 Stam Regen to have its relation to the Serpent Sign equivalent to the Orc Swift Warrior's relation to the Warrior Sign.

Redguard also needs a buff.

In my view, Bosmer and Redguards' utility in PvP builds has recently been diminished by the stat density of Indeko Runes and Eternal Vigor, the same way Orc and Altmer were less of standouts when Balorgh only gave Weapon/Spell Damage, with little to compensate - other than Bosmer having the strongest procs of all races.

Edited by Urzigurumash on January 24, 2021 4:08AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always run out of Stamina on my khajiit
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their idea of balance is nerfing nightblde to uselessness and beyond.
    I can't remember if anything has been done recently, but I do remember this from a while back: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/490953/u23-combat-q-a/p1

Have any recent/upcoming changes been made or alluded to for stamina races? I assumed the rebalance was going to specifically target orcs since they're at the top of the stam dps ladder right now after redguard got thrown off a while back.

There is nothingbto be done.

Everything is great now.

• VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    The main issue is that stamina is over sustaining like mad. There is no reason to run any other race if the main damage race also brings health to the table (dunmers are ~200 dps behind, and don't bring any health) and all the "sustain races" are enjoying "mediocre bonuses" (because stamina is over sustaining like mad).

Magicka has an issue, they are hungry for resources, and usually can't sustain without a healer (usually can barely sustain even with a good healer). So other races are also welcome (khajit, Breton) for their sustain passives.

They said they will try giving more options to class "power surge" skill. It can no longer be provided by altar.
    They said they will make sure class kit is stronger, many class skills still suck hard.
    They said they will address races. Nothing done in that regard. If anything their latest "buffs" changes made sure stamina has even more sustain and orcs are even more dominant.

Given vet trials groups tend to want mag dps over stam dps, id say there is a bit of an issue with what you said. Stam builds tend to bring more dps, if they are as good as you claim, wouldnt every trials group want stam builds not mag builds?
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Given vet trials groups tend to want mag dps over stam dps, id say there is a bit of an issue with what you said. Stam builds tend to bring more dps, if they are as good as you claim, wouldnt every trials group want stam builds not mag builds?

You'll find this statement a lot and I agree with that: mag is better for progression, stam is better for competitive runs. That is true to some extent even for stamina-unfriendly content like Asylum Sanctorium (look on esologs a few patches back and you'll find some top score groups being full of bow/bow nightblades). Because there are naturally a lot more progression groups than competitive groups, you have the impression that mag is more desired.

But simply saying that magicka is more desired than stamina is plain wrong. Both have their pros and cons and shine in their respective content.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on January 26, 2021 10:10AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But simply saying that magicka is more desired than stamina is plain wrong. Both have their pros and cons and shine in their respective content.

I'd say they're closer then ever before to have any complaints. Groups can ask for a magicka DD just because they're optimised towards it, not because stamina would be somewhat behind.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As my main is a magplar, I crave for better sustain so bad. Our skills have a short time, thus requiring constant casting and boy they're hungry. I can barely sustain on Vateshran Arena without, ew, Consuming Trap.

(please, don't lecture me about Channeled Focus)
    Edited by magnusthorek on January 26, 2021 2:03PM
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My Bosmer mages are not fans of stamina or magicka being the essence of any race. But that's a much bigger issue than Orc's dominating stam builds.

God do they ever... im sick of every reccomended build be orc and when trying with other races the build ends up with 15k health and drags behind
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    Bosmer's needs a buff.
    Agree. Argonians and Bosmers should receive some buffs to their racial passives.

- Argonians should not just get a "buff" - they should be simply "standardized" - to meet current ZOS' Spreadsheet standards (right now they are below it). In short, one of things that ZOS said they are using to determine balance values are gear set bonuses. Argonians have 6% healing bonus, that is based on old 2% healing bonus provided by gear set bonus. But after racial rebalance, ZOS changed gear set bonus from 2% to 4%, but left Argonian passive unupdated... (in short it should be 12%).

- Wood Elves have stealth detect passive that has a VERY narrow usecase (pretty much PvP only, mostly in IC). So it is kinda wasted bonus. Also, ZOS tried to give them unique playstyle with roll-dodge penetration bonus but it ended up being kinda awkward... They should have flat stam & mag penetration bonus imho, and stealth passive should be basically what Khajiits have (stealth bonus, not detection bonus).

- Also, those 2 races should have poison / disease resistance re-added. Maybe without immunity, but it is just wierd they don't have it. Especially when it comes to Argonians who literally live in a poisonous and toxic swampland...
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

in trials sustain problems are mitigated by 2 healers with support sets. stam has other issues, like being forced to melee, no destro ults, and lacking shields for specific things. i love my magsorc dearly, but for pugging i prefer stamden, easier aoe dmg, better sustain, not heal dependent for resources...and yes, orc.