The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Proposition for Vampire : getting HP when feeding !

• Kardrik
    Kardrik
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like the Ring's effect should just be a byproduct of slotting the Blood Scion ultimate or a dedicated passive? It really is the catalyst to make the skill line feel vampiric and it's locked behind a pay wall.

Actually now that I think about it, would it be too game-breaking to just give vampires the RotPO effect as just a base passive? Use "unable to be healed by anyone other than yourself" as the downside of being a vampire instead of increased costs and/or decerased health regen. Granted, this makes vampires undesireable for group content (unless you're a healer or a DPS that can self-heal enough to stay alive), but at the same time it'd turn vampirism into something you actually have to commit to, and ensures that it'll never be taken just for the passives. This will also solve the "heal when feeding" problem as a welcome side-effect. Ironically, this change would turn the Ring of the Pale Order into a vampire version of Hircine's Ring, turning you into a vampire-lite at the cost of an equipment slot.

I think this would work well as a Stage 4 thing actually. In addition to no passive health regen, you have to fight to regen health.
    I also like the idea of it being an effect of slotting one Frenzy, that way it will only occur when you are on one of your bars.

Though in general I think the Vampire skill line needs more selfhealing in general, even without additional drawbacks.
    The drawbacks are strong enough as is. Right now the only selfhealing in Vampirism is with a channel that is trash at doing damage, trash at healing, and is a freakin channel. Blood mist, which you can't do anything with, it drains magicka for meh heals, and behind a forbiddingly expensive ultimate.
    There needs to be more healing in the Vampirism tree as is, even if its not as extreme as a passive constant health regen that needs *YET ANOTHER* penalty to enact.
    Edited by Kardrik on January 19, 2021 11:08AM
  • Kardrik
    Kardrik
    ✭✭✭
    Actually what if, starting with stage 2, you had a slight reduction to outside healing and a more slight version of the RotPO passive? Slight selfhealing on all abilities, but less outside healing taken?
    It increases rather noticeably on Stage 3 (Maybe the equivalent of Major Defile?), and then Stage 4 lock out outside healing in favor of a full RotPO passive?
    Do this instead of having a penalty to passive health regen

It still wouldn't help the fact that Stage 1 Vampires function effectively like weak living beings with the meh Vampire abilities, but it would make the vampire passives more interesting, especially as far as going up stages goes, and would definitely make you feel more Vampiric as you go higher in stages.

Stage 1 still has that increased fire damage taken with no upside, and increased ability cost with no upside, and they would still be missing out on the increased Vampiric selfhealing that they need.

The abilities still need to be fixed, and there are pages and pages of great suggestions for any given ability on this forum for that.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically Blood Scion already has the heal for all damage you do attached to it, but it's temporary and can't be extended. Also the ultimate's cost is rediculously high even with the Perfect Scion morph so it's not viable.

Adding a lesser version of the buff that scales up starting at stage 2 would do wonders for the skill line. Maybe even make the heal on damage done exclusive to vampire skills only and you'll see an incentive to feed and build into the vampire abilities.

Maybe have it scale like this spending on stage: 0%/5%/10%/15%
    Edited by Vevvev on January 19, 2021 7:24PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Spectral_Force
    Spectral_Force
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Technically Blood Scion already has the heal for all damage you do attached to it, but it's temporary and can't be extended. Also the ultimate's cost is rediculously high even with the Perfect Scion morph so it's not viable.
    I'm guessing this is in response to me saying that the RotPO effect would look better on Frenzy than Scion because "Scion is at least a functional ability", or something along those lines. I'd just like to clarify that by "functional" I didn't mean that it's viable. What I meant was that Scion can more or less be fixed with number tweaks, like lower Ultimate cost, longer duration, higher bats damage, et cetera, while Frenzy is a fundamentally broken ability that, no matter how much you tweak its numbers or how overpowered you make it, will still remain a boring, uninspired and woefully unflavourful ability. Which is why I'd say it deserves this rework the most; not to say it'll fix all the problems with Frenzy, but at least it'll be a step in the right direction.

You know, it's probably a good idea to start a "RotPO as core vampire passive" discussion just so we have a better incentive to stay on topic - I really think we're onto something here. Where'd be the best place to do this - PTS, General or Combat forums? PTS probably has a more dedicated user base, but we'll have a greater reach on the main forums. I'll go with PTS for now, while the idea is still raw and early in development.
    Edited by Spectral_Force on January 20, 2021 5:28AM
    I've unearthed the Legendary Antiquity of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!