The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ring of pale order

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it effected by battle spirit?
Or if I do say 5k dmg will I get 19% of that?
Is there a cool down?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is effected by battle spirit and I've seen it be more effective against NPCs in Cyrodiil than other players. The healing for instance for casting Engulfing Flames into a ball group of about 15+ players only gave me around 2-4k points of healing with the ability doing about 8k damage on each target per cast on the tooltip.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it is consistent with how other "heals from damage" abilities works, it should be effected by the healing reduction from battle spirit but it doesn't "double reduce".

Its a bit funny now that the battle spirit reduction for healing and damage are different amounts, but how I believe it works is that the healing you get from doing damage is based on the damage you would have dealt without the battle spirit damage reduction, but then the battle spirit healing reduction is applied to the value calculated from that.

ie:
    Take your example of doing 5k damage to someone.
    This means that your damage without battle spirit (50% reduction) would have been 5k/(1-0.5) =10k.
    Thus, without battle spirit the healing from the ring (using the 18% nominal tooltip, so ignoring any other healing modifiers) would be 0.18 *10k = 1.8k
    Battle spirit healing reduction (55%) is then applied, resulting in you healing for 1.8k * (1-0.55) = 0.81k

Note that this isn't exactly the same as simply doing 0.18 * 5k = 0.9k due to the difference in battle spirit damage vs healing reduction. (This method of calculating would have been the case back when the battle spirit reductions were the same though).

Note: I haven't specifically tested this with the ring, but I did test it with some other abilities that heal from damage done back when battle spirit changed to healing being reduced by 60% and I am assuming the rings implementation would be the same.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heals returned as a portion of damage are modified by the reduced damage portion of Battle Spirit, not the healing reduction. 10K DPS becomes 5K DPS and 1.8K HPS returned becomes 900 HPS returned.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not effected by battle spirit
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is effected by battle spirit in such that the damage is effected by battle spirit and the heal amount is an absolute value based on that reduced damage. The heal itslef does not get further reduced by battle spirit. There is no double dipping. It functions the same NBs strife ability does in pvp.

There is no need to overcomplicate it with math.
    Edited by exeeter702 on January 20, 2021 11:18PM