The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VMA: Vault of Umbrage, a Tale of Woe

El_Borracho
El_Borracho
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I've cleared VMA many times and am very close to that first Flawless Conqueror run. Not a huge deal, just an accomplishment I'd like to have. As usual, was perfect running up to the final boss of the 7th Arena. Have consistently lowered my deaths in there as I progress to maybe 2-3 at this point , all due to the flowers. However, last night was something special. Those flowers got me 18 times in a row on the final boss. Didn't matter where I stood, where I started the fight, or how much burn until the 2 adds showed up. Because for each of those 18 runs, a flower would pop up directly underneath my character within a second of the boss fight starting and I'd die en route to the cleansing pool. Start the fight near the pool? Great idea. Nope. Pool would not cleanse. RIP.

19th time, killed it, moved on. Uneventful the rest of the way. I know it was a brutal run of luck, but this was so preposterous I had to share. Either way, I've made up my mind that those flowers are the most annoying mechanic in the game. RNG plus heavy damage mixed with the "this pool will work maybe 90% of the time" is flat out dumb.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've cleared VMA many times and am very close to that first Flawless Conqueror run. Not a huge deal, just an accomplishment I'd like to have. As usual, was perfect running up to the final boss of the 7th Arena. Have consistently lowered my deaths in there as I progress to maybe 2-3 at this point , all due to the flowers. However, last night was something special. Those flowers got me 18 times in a row on the final boss. Didn't matter where I stood, where I started the fight, or how much burn until the 2 adds showed up. Because for each of those 18 runs, a flower would pop up directly underneath my character within a second of the boss fight starting and I'd die en route to the cleansing pool. Start the fight near the pool? Great idea. Nope. Pool would not cleanse. RIP.

19th time, killed it, moved on. Uneventful the rest of the way. I know it was a brutal run of luck, but this was so preposterous I had to share. Either way, I've made up my mind that those flowers are the most annoying mechanic in the game. RNG plus heavy damage mixed with the "this pool will work maybe 90% of the time" is flat out dumb.

My favorite was time I got poisoned just as the boss died. The pools disappear when boss dies. So I got to stand where pool should have been and just wait for character to die.
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've cleared VMA many times and am very close to that first Flawless Conqueror run...

I have the FC on several chars but I have the almost FC happen to me very often and it was always because of those poison flowers ... sigh. I know how you feel.
    Edited by Milchbart on January 14, 2021 11:41PM
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I believe Vateshran is so much easier, especially for Oceanic players, no BS RNG mechanics.....
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly the RNG is minimal when you are going for flawless. You can control the ending of the previous round so that the flowers are taken out before the boss enrages. Also if you have trouble doing that you can interrupt the boss during his yell so you have a chance to get away from flowers. Then you just need to kite him until he dies.

Dps is so high now days you can do plenty to end the fight quickly.