Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Soloing Castle Thorn

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I'm looking for any confirmation if normal Castle Thorn can be soloed. Thanks
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it can. The Twilight blood boss might give you some trouble, but as long as you block the heavies and watch out for and roll dodge the attacks of the Crimson shades, you'll be fine.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that there's any mechanic that requires other player's assistance. Blood Twilight handed me my butt, but that's most likely because am potat and didn't block/dodge in time.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Dojohoda on January 5, 2021 8:35PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help, folks. I'll try my turn and solo it soon.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just need a taunt to get that Twilight out of the pool. Other than that, I'd want chains or silver leash to pull in the banekins on the final boss
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    And if the 1st boss pounces on you, pinning you down, and needs to be interrupted, who will do that; if you're in there alone? I'd say that most of Castle Thorn could be easily soloed, with the exception of the 1st boss.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And if the 1st boss pounces on you, pinning you down, and needs to be interrupted, who will do that; if you're in there alone? I'd say that most of Castle Thorn could be easily soloed, with the exception of the 1st boss.

On my solo attempt it just never pounced. Also not sure that it's a one-shot and not just a lot of damage.
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

On my solo attempt it just never pounced. Also not sure that it's a one-shot and not just a lot of damage.

I have had it not pounce too.. I'm not sure if it's random whether it does or not.. But, yes, it is a 1-shot of sorts. The dog will just chew you until it's interrupted...or you die.

I have to wonder though; if you had on the Ring of the Pale Order & 5-piece Crimson, could the boss actually kill itself, from chewing on you?
    Edited by SimonBelmont on January 10, 2021 1:58PM
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭

I may be wrong, but he seems to only pounce the furtherest away, if you stay in his face he doesn't seem to want to eat your face
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GoonyGoat wrote: »

I may be wrong, but he seems to only pounce the furtherest away, if you stay in his face he doesn't seem to want to eat your face

I attempted a solo run and he absolutely pounced on me every attempt til I gave up. It seems like sometimes he must just... not.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I had done it on the PTS with both magsorc, and magNB, I used PFG/Hiti's/Iceheart. The first boss and the Wraith boss were the ones that hit the hardest in my experience.
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    GoonyGoat wrote: »

I've definitely had the dog pounce and pin me at point-blank range. But I've also had him not pounce at all...