Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Big ES Tease

boggo
boggo
✭✭✭
Sorry if somebody has already posted this.
Apparently there has been a big tease of Elder Scrollsy things. Anybody an idea?
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2021/01/04/bethesda-might-be-teasing-the-elder-scrolls-6s-location-maybe/
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope I'm still alive and able to play when VI releases *sigh* - and no, I don't play sci-fi space type games....
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i waited too long for elder scrolls vi, i want to play vii
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say this has more to do with ESO than ES6 considering the coins came with Greymoor. There should be more info about this years' chapter do around the 21st I think.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Transcribe the past and map the future'

It could be Bethesda teasing ESO Oblivion chapter seeing candles sit at Solitude and Markarth, past. Coloviavn, Hammerfell for future.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    I'd say this has more to do with ESO than ES6 considering the coins came with Greymoor. There should be more info about this years' chapter do around the 21st I think.
    It could be Bethesda teasing ESO Oblivion chapter seeing candles sit at Solitude and Markarth, past. Coloviavn, Hammerfell for future.

The teaser link text is about the Bethesda production schedule though, @Nebthet78 / @James-Wayne ... not ZeniMax.

Not saying you're totally wrong, but don't want to get into too much wild speculation without more info.

At any rate, here's the main thread for the January 21st reveal:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/556617/gates-of-oblivion-selling-point#latest

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 4, 2021 11:52PM
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭

Why would they tease the ESO chapter like this, when the theme of the chapter has already been revealed?
    Could be about the rumoured Netflix show.
    Edited by boggo on January 4, 2021 11:45PM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    boggo wrote: »

Why would they tease the ESO chapter like this, when the theme of the chapter has already been revealed?

Why would they use items all released by ZOS in the Chapter Physical Collector's editions to advertise with?
    The Map, The Coins, The Leather bound Book.

Remember ZOS does a lot of promoting now through the Bethesda official channel and Twitch... not their old ZOS twitch accounts. And likely with the Microsoft take over, some of those channels will be amalgamated further.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »

Why would they use items all released by ZOS in the Chapter Physical Collector's editions to advertise with?
    The Map, The Coins, The Leather bound Book.

Remember ZOS does a lot of promoting now through the Bethesda official channel and Twitch... not their old ZOS twitch accounts. And likely with the Microsoft take over, some of those channels will be amalgamated further.

I was thinking the same thing. The Wolf of Solitude is King Svargrim afterall. This actually might be a hint to Hammerfell as the next Chapter.
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't they put any real puzzles in the actual game? Its so bland. There is nothing to discover that has not already been revealed in patch notes.

• Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either way next game is going to be boring if its hammerfell or high rock. Two of the most boring zones in all of elder scrolls history. I dont like them in eso I didn't like them in daggerfal. These are the types of zones you've seen countless times in movies, books, and other video games. They feel more boring in game than the real historical places they rip off so heavily. [snip]

[edited to remove bashing comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on January 5, 2021 1:44PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Either way next game is going to be boring if its hammerfell or high rock. Two of the most boring zones in all of elder scrolls history. I dont like them in eso I didn't like them in daggerfal. These are the types of zones you've seen countless times in movies, books, and other video games. They feel more boring in game than the real historical places they rip off so heavily. [snip]

Speak for yourself John.

I am looking forward to an entire Hammerfell experience. I LOVED the mod that brought Hammerfell to life in TES V. I'm a Redguard from the word go. I WANT the whole of Hammerfell.

[edited quoted content]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on January 5, 2021 1:50PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though this is about Elder Scrolls, this IS NOT about Elder Scrolls Online, so fate of this thread is questionable. That said...
    “Transcribe the past and map the future."

Transcribe means to write down information, so writing down the past and mapping the future. Kind of on the nose they included a sizeable chunk of Hammerfell in that shot of the map of Skyrim, but seeing as they also included Skyrim as the focus point? My mind wants to think they're making a direct Sequel to TES:V and the Dragonborn will return as the playable character.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Even though this is about Elder Scrolls, this IS NOT about Elder Scrolls Online, so fate of this thread is questionable. That said...

Transcribe means to write down information, so writing down the past and mapping the future. Kind of on the nose they included a sizeable chunk of Hammerfell in that shot of the map of Skyrim, but seeing as they also included Skyrim as the focus point? My mind wants to think they're making a direct Sequel to TES:V and the Dragonborn will return as the playable character.

Seems like a bit of a stretch tbh

Then it would come back to focusing on Dragons and Shouts which we've been doing in Skyrim for years now.

though it is a fair question what "gimmick" ES6 would have without Shouts
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not think the post is related to ESO because if we were to take light placement on Solitude as to indicate Greymoor and for the candle to indicate the next chapter - well Hammerfel spot on that map has already been covered by ESO with Bankorai and Craglorn.

I think this is Bethesda reminding people with a tease that they are working on ES6. We already have solid guesses that ES6 will take place in Hammerfel - so I don't think it's too far out for Bethesda (who already did a cgi footage teaser to calm us down) to basically tease confirm that Hammerfel is indeed where they plan on going next.

plus just imagine the marketing of having ES6 and an ESO chapter take place in the same location and come out in the same year.

There is a lot they could do with the 1000 year difference. They could make the same locations very different from one another.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TESV:Skyrim is still a live game with new content being added all the time. I don't see any reason to look beyond the activities of the creation club for an explanation.

The candle at bottom left of the picture highlights the name "Skyrim", and almost obscures the word "Hammerfell" .

If it was to do with ESO it would be on the ESO Twitter account, not just the ES Twiitter account.

Still, an effective piece of nerd bait.
    PC EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TES6. There have been rumours of it taking place in Hammerfell right after the first trailer was released. Skyrim's story also hinted on it a few times. No big surprise, actually. I could imagine they'll maybe release Starfield some time this year and make a big announcement for TES6 on the 10th anniversary of Skyrim (which was released on 11/11/11). As they have a tendency to announce their games quite late, maybe we'll see TES6 on 2/2/22 then ;) But that's wishful thinking, I'm afraid.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Elissn
    Elissn
    ✭✭✭

I'm thinking something similar in regards to a Skyrim sequel.
    The map is dated to the year 4E 182. ESO takes place around 2E 582 so it can't be related. However, TES V is set in 4E 201, only a few years after the date on the map. So whatever the tease refers to takes place during the time of TES V. Could be a sequel of sorts.

Might also be yet another re-work of Skyrim, using a new graphics engine. I hope that is not the case, Skyrim has enough already. I'd rather see Bethesda re-work the old TES games. I know they said they never will, but maybe with funds from Microsoft they now have the resources to do so. It would fit the “Transcribe the past and map the future." hint.

Or we may have just learned what time TES VI will take place in. I don't know if there were already any hints or guesses about that, if so I'm not aware of them. Hopefully the map date doesn't mean that TES VI happens shortly before Skyrim. It would make Skyrim look very silly for not containing a single mention about major events that happened in recent years. More interesting would be a TES VI shortly after Skyrim, where we could see and hear the records of another race (Redguards?) about the Dragons a.
    On a side note I also hope to see some references to ESO. After all, our Soul Shriven characters and the Soul Shriven in general are said to be immortal, so there are good chances at least a few of them are still alive in the far future. Would be a nice easter egg to meet one in the next game.

Edit:

Still, an effective piece of nerd bait.

Haha totally worked on me it seems :D
    Edited by Elissn on January 5, 2021 10:14AM
  • RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »

Then it would come back to focusing on Dragons and Shouts which we've been doing in Skyrim for years now.

@Iccotak Sword saints? Idk, but it is a whole thing for the Redguards aren't it? Would be nice to see that legacy survive or be brought back over a thousand years after ESO.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite sure the placement of the lights has a meaning. If not, you would have centered the Skyrim map differently and not cut off so much of the East.
    Elissn wrote: »
    The map is dated to the year 4E 182. ESO takes place around 2E 582 so it can't be related. However, TES V is set in 4E 201, only a few years after the date on the map. So whatever the tease refers to takes place during the time of TES V. Could be a sequel of sorts.

Isn't exactly that Skyrim map around for years already? Or has something (cartographer name, date) changed?
    Elissn wrote: »
    Might also be yet another re-work of Skyrim, using a new graphics engine. I hope that is not the case, Skyrim has enough already. I'd rather see Bethesda re-work the old TES games. I know they said they never will, but maybe with funds from Microsoft they now have the resources to do so. It would fit the “Transcribe the past and map the future." hint.

In case you didn't know that yet, there's a mod project that does exactly this:
    https://tesrenewal.com/
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would it come back to focusing on Dragons? A Post-Skyrim Dragonborn would be assumed to already know most if not all Shouts, so the presence of Dragons in Hammerfell is unnecessary.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Either way next game is going to be boring if its hammerfell or high rock. Two of the most boring zones in all of elder scrolls history.[snip]

[edited to remove bashing comment]

Speak for yourself.

In my first day of ESO, I tried swimming from Koeglin Village to the Alik'r just to see what it looked like. That didn't end well ... but I did get an achievement out of the ordeal. ;)

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 5, 2021 7:27PM
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is a tease for ESO, I sadly don't care. In the past I may have been excited (Morrowind-Summerset era) but the story and region of the next chapter not longer excites me enough to make me come back to the game. I've been away for a year now, haven't bought last chapter Greymoor.
    I need to see changes in the dungeons system, better difficulties, 2 or 3 player dungeons, more QoL news, and surprise me like you did with Morrowind Chapter.
    I don't even care about new classes because they all end up being the same thing. :(
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right after we all knew it was in Hammerfel? I would call it a confirmation. Tease was in last decade :D
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    Right after we all knew it was in Hammerfel? I would call it a confirmation. Tease was in last decade :D

Then why are they making a puzzle out of it?
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Why would it come back to focusing on Dragons? A Post-Skyrim Dragonborn would be assumed to already know most if not all Shouts, so the presence of Dragons in Hammerfell is unnecessary.

Why would a new player enter to the game with all the shouts?

Then the story we have to go through a very long winded explanation about how the player did this whole epic quest of the defeating Alduin and is a famous Dragon Killer.

OR Bethesda makes it a fresh entry for any new player as has been the case for any new ES game.

This is not Dragon Age or Mass Effect.

If they want to do a sequel story for the Dragonborn then make another expansion. They could go to Orsinium, which I did a long winded post about a couple years ago.

Edited for spelling error
    Edited by Iccotak on January 6, 2021 7:47AM
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Then why are they making a puzzle out of it?

Because to do an outright confirmation often is expected with a follow up announcement