Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What to spend gold on?

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Welp...I'm sitting at 250K gold...a lot for me at least (I'm sure a bunch of folks have MUCH more). Before I go further, I have no interest in:
Skins
Cosmetics
Furniture
Housing items

if it doesn't improve my character, then I'm just not interested. With that in mind, besides more storage space, what else could I spend this on? Asking really just in case I'm missing something obvious...thank you!

Best Answer

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Things i spend gold on to improve my character:
    1. Gear improvement items
    2. Food ingredients
    3. Alchemical ingredients.

I mostly farm what i need for the first two but i use a lot of potions and poisons as i get more into soloing group content. I make my own because its generally cheaper( i shop for deals), easier to find ingredients for what i want than what i want, and i can make as i need it quickly and store an infinite amount of ingredients( i have in the low thousands of most alchemical ingredients). So if your looking for a constant money sink that will make you more efficient at killing this would be it.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on January 8, 2021 7:41PM
    Answer ✓
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without knowing what you already have or what content you enjoy doing:
    - Materials to upgrade your gear to legendary
    - Potions (tri-stat recovery, spell power, weapon power) and poisons if applicable
    - Save up to buy either or both assistants, unless your focus is PvP (where they cannot be summoned)
    - Nirn crafting materials if you want to make any of your weapons nirnhoned or craft nine trait sets yourself
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah perfect....so thank you first off :) Secondly I'll say...what? LoL...I had thought of legendary mats after posting (which I still need to do for a few items), I haven't looked at potions...I wil do that. And....assistants? What are assistants? Thank you!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assistants are bought with crowns, not gold.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monster set pieces are sold for 100K every week. That's more affordable if you run enough dungeons to get keys for shoulders, so that you only need to buy the head piece.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Assistants are bought with crowns, not gold.

Crown trading
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Houses. Great for fast travel and unlocking new zones. Buy all the cheap ones if you haven't already, then work your way up
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great responses thank you!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For improving your characters, in addition to what's been said already, you could get crafting reseach scrolls from traders, as well as xp pots, if you have any skill lines that need levelling.
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, need more info. What level? How many alts? Any crafting progression?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Welp...I'm sitting at 250K gold...a lot for me at least (I'm sure a bunch of folks have MUCH more). Before I go further, I have no interest in:
    Skins
    Cosmetics
    Furniture
    Housing items

if it doesn't improve my character, then I'm just not interested. With that in mind, besides more storage space, what else could I spend this on? Asking really just in case I'm missing something obvious...thank you!

If you want to do master writs for vouchers, you'll need to pick up motifs for your crafter. My opinion only, personal opinion of me not speaking for anyone else; all characters should have some level of crafting so you can do normal writs. The gold and mats you get back can be used or sold, as well as the recipes you get in rewards. If you're looking at achievements, the master crafter one needs a lot of motifs learned.

The assistants are in the crown store; a limited option banker, and a limited option merchant. [again, personal opinion, omg the cats are totally worth it, ymmv] You can summon them anywhere but Cyrodiil, handy when you're out of inventory space in that dungeon and still have loot to pick up. The limited option part for the banker; only your personal bank-you can't access guild banks or your guild trader/store. The merchant can't repair your gear. On the other hand, anyone who is grouped with you can use your banker and merchant to access their own personal bank and sell loot they don't want to leave but don't have inventory space for.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Things that I buy / have bought lately:

Crafting materials except Dreugh Wax. I never gold out armor, because I find it too expensive for what little benefit it provides. I very rarely gold out jewelry. I don't do writs. I make my gold by other means.

Any and all tradeable set pieces I have not already collected. Use Awesome Guild Store to find. Set a price limit. With your amount of gold I would set that very low, say 300. I have spent maybe around 5M and now I'm mostly done. I know all overland sets, which means I can reconstruct any overland item in any trait for 25 transmute crystals. More importantly, if I don't like the set, I get 25 transmute crystals back from deconstructing.

Transmute station and basic crafting stations for my house.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Fred!
  • RunForTheHills
    RunForTheHills
    ✭✭✭
    If you are new, you can spend that much on inventory and bank upgrades. They are worth it though.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah. Expanding your inventory and bank space should be important. Making a few mules for extra space might not hurt either. From personal experience I can say that paying for fully upgrading inventory and bank space will be painful, when you're just starting.
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    This is mostly what I use my money on:

- Max all riding skills before anything else.
    - Max bag and bank space
    - Checking guild stores for cheap recipes/blueprints/motifs for my collections (usually under 1k then check for 5k if I've got all the lower priced ones.
    - Check guild stores to get last few motifs to complete some collections (EG. ones I've only got a few left to get)

You can also save for houses? There are some you can buy for gold, not all are specifically crowns.
    You get an achievement for owning 3 large houses that I think cost like 1m gold each so I'm saving for those :)
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it..thank you!
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upgrading your gear to gold
  • SeekerAssassin
    After upgrading your gear to gold, think about filling out your StickerBook, so that you can have more options for later builds. Lots of overland sets can be found pretty cheap.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...stickerbook?
  • SeekerAssassin
    The Collections Book where you can gather set pieces to later reconstruct them using Transmute Crystals
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah...yes...thank you :)
  • Viewsfrom6ix
    Viewsfrom6ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't ESO+ sub you can spend your gold on crowns for DLCs and other crown store items. That is where my gold normally go towards to nowadays.

I recently bought the banker and merchant assistance when they were on sale for 15% off.
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice...I've been "golding" my gear and that's helped :)