Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thanks for Imperial Old Life Remembrance

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
I wish to thanks ZoS for the introduction of the Imperial Old Life Remembrance. In a sad year, with many good people passing away due a terrible pandemic, even while I'm playing ESO is good to have some simple and touching way to remember.

Idk about other players, but I'm using that simple ceremony to remember people I lost and all victims of this virus.

Yeah, its "just a game", perhaps some guys doesn't care less, but I do.

So, thanks ZoS. Nice gesture.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, a touching gesture.
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. I really like this idea. It's so sweet
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it; a friend has a Dia de los Muertos party each year where we do something similar.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bakthi wrote: »
    I liked it; a friend has a Dia de los Muertos party each year where we do something similar.

Yup, most cultures/religions historically had traditions to honor the dead, though they've largely fallen to the wayside in English-speaking cultures unfortunately. The timing is a bit weird, but it's still nice to see.
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Thank you. I lost 2 family members to COVID-19 this year.
    Sweet remembrance.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Path wrote: »
    Yes. Thank you. I lost 2 family members to COVID-19 this year.
    Sweet remembrance.

@Path - I am devastated to hear that. "Sorry for your loss" does not in any way express the sadness I feel for you and your family.

*tears*

I wish you a better future, where you can remember your loved ones in peace, and hopefully you can find some loveliness in life in the future.

And thank you to ZOS for this wonderful Old Life ceremony. It's interesting in a lore-slanted way too - because the Imperials seem to have lost their way in game....
  • jpl7340
    jpl7340
    ✭✭✭
    I’m very fortunate that all of my loved ones that have contracted this nightmare have recovered. I’m still a huge fan of this quest.

On a more lighthearted note: I legitimately love the in-game aspect of it. The spirits of those that passed away from the story quests that visit you hit me in the nostalgia feels. Seeing Khali’s spirit felt good.

So, to the ZOS team: good job on this one. This is a win on several levels. Well done.
  • Ariont
    Ariont
    ✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »
    I wish to thanks ZoS for the introduction of the Imperial Old Life Remembrance. In a sad year, with many good people passing away due a terrible pandemic, even while I'm playing ESO is good to have some simple and touching way to remember.

I agree with this whole heartily!

• deleted210809-001958
    Shazah :'(
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »

Idk about other players, but I'm using that simple ceremony to remember people I lost and all victims of this virus.

Yeah, its "just a game", perhaps some guys doesn't care less, but I do.

Totally agree, great post 😁
  • Chyro
    Chyro
    "Remember us.. remember that we once lived."
  • Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    Snowy_Wyndra_Karn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chyro wrote: »
    "Remember us.. remember that we once lived."

This.