Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuhn Favor for Nightblade PVE?

Duece09
Duece09
Returning player here, I’ve seen this set being thrown around for pvp, but is it viable for pve also coupled with maybe briarheart or any other decent pve set? Thanks
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would not use it. Common mobs have no resistances, so the set will do nothing. Bosses vary. 18.2K is the top end, but not all bosses have that much and I suspect not all can be set off balance. If you're talking dungeons or trials, you now have tanks removing 9K armor from a boss with Pierce Armor. There are also other debuffs placed on the boss and your CP are also aiding penetration. Therefore it's a no. Don't use Stuhn for PvE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTqIwghK6Jk
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I would not use it. Common mobs have no resistances, so the set will do nothing. Bosses vary. 18.2K is the top end, but not all bosses have that much and I suspect not all can be set off balance. If you're talking dungeons or trials, you now have tanks removing 9K armor from a boss with Pierce Armor. There are also other debuffs placed on the boss and your CP are also aiding penetration. Therefore it's a no. Don't use Stuhn for PvE.

What if there's no tank?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Penetration is not as important in PVE as it is in PVP. Your better bets are sets with weapon damage and weapon crit buffs. You should be okay, even without a tank. I've 4-DPS'd a lot of the vet dungeons without an issue.

Plus, its fairly rare to set a boss on off balance in a dungeon or trial, so that 5th piece is useless. If you want a set of gear that can cross over from PVE to PVP, I'd check out Spriggans. Its definitely not endgame PVE, but if you were to pair it with Relequen or Briarheart, you'd be okay.
    Edited by El_Borracho on December 21, 2020 10:18PM