Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another handful of questions

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello again and thank you to all who continue to help me out. Here we go :)

1. In the zone chat I see a lot of people put in just "x" and "y". Is this for the Dolmens?
2. With some build guides I see a mix of different weight armor. I always thought if I was...say a mage that I should only use light armor...what's the trade off with a mixed set?
3. Is there a good, recent character build calculator out there? I'd love to see what the impact of Spell Parasite vs. Treasure Hunter is, without having to actually make it all.

Thanks again.

Best Answer

• DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much!
    Answer ✓
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Yes, @DigiAngel. The dolmen train leaders in Auridon and Alik'r have the Autoinvite add-on set to "x" and "y" to collect players from zone chat into the group.

2. Having at least one (1) piece of each armor weight maximizes your base attribute stats from the Undaunted Mettle passive (in the Undaunted skill line). See the very bottom of this link to the UESP under passive abilities: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Undaunted

3. Yes, I use the UESP build editor quite frequently. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/UESPWiki:EsoBuildEditor On rare occasions, the stats are a few points off (especially right after a major update) ... but it's easy to use, draws info directly from the game, and allows saving. You can also use the PTS server to create character templates without committing resources on the Live server.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Yes, @DigiAngel. The dolmen train leaders in Auridon and Alik'r have the Autoinvite add-on set to "x" and "y" to collect players from zone chat into the group.

2. Having at least one (1) piece of each armor weight maximizes your base attribute stats from the Undaunted Mettle passive (in the Undaunted skill line). See the very bottom of this link to the UESP under passive abilities: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Undaunted

3. Yes, I use the UESP build editor quite frequently. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/UESPWiki:EsoBuildEditor On rare occasions, the stats are a few points off (especially right after a major update) ... but it's easy to use, draws info directly from the game, and allows saving. You can also use the PTS server to create character templates without committing resources on the Live server.
    Mixing armor will also level up the other types, this is nice even before you get the undaunted passives who take time to level for new players.

PTS is very nice in that you can test out builds and gear without farming them. Simply to see if they are that much better than that you have.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    1. Zone Chat is pretty much a cesspool. Don't use it unless someone holds a gun to your head. :smiley:

2. Undaunted Mettle -- a vastly overrated passive that: "Increases your Max Health, Stamina and Magicka by 2% per type of Armor (Heavy, Medium, Light) that you have equipped."

The buff received is utterly MINOR especially when weighed against the BONUS received from wearing SEVEN pieces of the proper armor for your Class. ANY decent tri-stat food buff (Bewitched Sugar Skulls) will give your MUCH MORE stats buff and you can have your seven-piece armor passives which are excellent. Wear SEVEN pieces of the correct armor for your Class to receive maximum buffs and forget that "mixed armor" nonsense.

3. Build Calculators are for teachers. "Those who can, do; those who cannot, teach." And use build calculators.

:smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...that's very helpful!
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Zone Chat is pretty much a cesspool. Don't use it unless someone holds a gun to your head. :smiley:

2. Undaunted Mettle -- a vastly overrated passive that: "Increases your Max Health, Stamina and Magicka by 2% per type of Armor (Heavy, Medium, Light) that you have equipped."

The buff received is utterly MINOR especially when weighed against the BONUS received from wearing SEVEN pieces of the proper armor for your Class. ANY decent tri-stat food buff (Bewitched Sugar Skulls) will give your MUCH MORE stats buff and you can have your seven-piece armor passives which are excellent. Wear SEVEN pieces of the correct armor for your Class to receive maximum buffs and forget that "mixed armor" nonsense.

3. Build Calculators are for teachers. "Those who can, do; those who cannot, teach." And use build calculators.

:smiley:

No offense, but please dont spread misinformation, especially to new players.

First of all, there is no such thing as class appropiate armor weight. Every class in the game can play any role, sure some classes are better at certain roles than others, but still.
    The type of armor you wear is a big contributing factor to your charachter, but not the only one.

Wearing seven pieces of the same armor type is really only worth it in a few cases, like PVE endgame stamina dps, where the extra critical strike chance provided by the extra medium armor pieces provide more dps than having 1 light and heavy armor pieces.

Its funny you bring up tri-stat food, since its effects are actually MAGNIFIED by wearing 5-1-1 pieces with undaunted mettle passive, which btw, is definetly not overrated.

Many pvp builds utilise 5-1-1 for the resource boost, especially the health one.

In most cases wearing seven pieces of the same armor is actually not very helpful, for example a heavy chest armor piece provides way more mitigaton than a light or medium one, which can be even further enchanced by using the reinforced trait on it.

I dont know where you got your idea for this 7 of the same kind thing, but please dont give new players bad information.

Thank you.