The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is the worst dungeon achievement?

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
(And why is it Strangling Cowardice?)
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch

What is the worst dungeon achievement? 38 votes

Strangling Cowardice (Moon Hunter Keep)
52%
ninibiniAnkaridanKiramekucode65536siddiqueLadyNalcaryaQbikenrudvilD0RID0RI240SeperatistAgenericnamecolossalvoidsStrafeSinnlosDisturbed125JeirnoHappyTheCamperTochTomiksdeSimon_111DerpyBossGamer 20 votes
Prodigious Pacification (formerly Lashing Lullaby) (Icereach)
2%
Chufu 1 vote
Shagrath's Shield (Lair of Maarselok)
26%
Nirntrottertheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOTyavarikiLLahweSPeFakeFoxTelvanniWizardGregaZyvaBlueMoonRisingclicktoselect 10 votes
Cubed (Moongrave Fane)
18%
Deandralolo_01b16_ESOTreniarenneth3burg3rNeatleMirandaSharp 7 votes
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda want to add the tripple achievement in Frosvault due to the downstairs phase in hardmode, which can be really tricky in my experience.
  • Disturbed125
    Disturbed125
    ✭✭✭
    Done it twice now, never want to do it again......
    [PC NA] -Chaos Riders-
    Flawless Conqueror - Boethia's Scythe - Mageslayer - Ophidian Overloard - Shehai Shatterer - Divayth Fyr's Conjugator - Voice of Reason - Dro'Mathra Destroyer - Blackrose Executioner - Bringer of Light - Extinguisher of Flames - Xalvakka's Scourge
    Trifectas
    Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Depths Defier - Relentless Raider - The Unchained (1st NA / 2nd World) - Immortal Redeemer - Nature's Wrath - Defanged the Devourer - Tick Tock Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Dawnbringer - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - GodSlayer - Privateer - Coral Caretaker
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stalwart sisterhood...
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shagrath's Shield (Lair of Maarselok)
    I'd like to add Fear No Darkness as an honorable mention. It's doable, it's just... awkward? Weird? Silly?
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cubed (Moongrave Fane)
    That boss in moongrave is the most annoying one in the game. I don't mind hard achievements even if they have rng elements, but I don't want to spend any time or effort on this stupid boss. Who thought it would be fun to have a boss that is immune to damage 80% of the fight?
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Worst one I could actually find people willing to bother with was VSCP Hardmode. the more annoying the achievement the fewer people care.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • StrafeSinnlos
    StrafeSinnlos
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC, Strangling Cowardice took us longer than the trifecta. So much rage...
    Never again.

Shagrath's Shield would have been much more frustrating (and time-consuming) without that amazing option in Code's addon that tells you if you failed it.

Cubed was easy once we figured out what to do. Took a few tries but it wasn't as bad.

Can't even remember the Icereach one, I think we breathed through all the achievements there over a weekend marathon.

So yeah, definitely Strangling Cowardice. *shudders*
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will say a bit hard to say

Strangling Cowardice - I was trying it few times - seems bugged many times or need to be done at 1st try in dungeon...if failed 1st time and done after wipe it never counted...

Prodigious Pacification - just dps awarnes to not finish and let tank do work

Shagrath's Shield - just doable xD

Cubed - just need luck with RNG with spawn of lava gaysers to cover and timing with teammate to cover them
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally it's Missed Me By That Much from Vateshran because I dont have enough damage to skip the shades.