The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game Freezes Near Arenthia Reaper's March

Ardaghion
Ardaghion
✭✭✭
There's a region near Arenthia players might want to avoid. I can't guarantee you'll have the same issue I had but I've seen it on two characters and my wife had the same issue but was able to recover from it.

I was out west of Moon Hunter Keep scrying and excavating on my main, when I was done I headed by the shore south of Moon Hunter Keep and just past the fishing dock. As I passed the dock my game froze, music audio and game sound effects were still present but the game was frozen other wise.

I force quit the game and tried to login with the same character but I now only get the Reaper's March loading screen, no indications that loading will take a while either. I get sound effects and music but nothing else. I took another character to the Arenthia wayshrine and headed to the same location in the opposite direction. Once I reached the shore south of the dock, the game froze. I had my wife try on one of her characters and her game froze on her Xbox. She force quit and was able to load in to the area where she froze. She is able to access her character again. I tried loading in my character on her Xbox but get the same freeze.

I opened a ticket with customer support and have tried the initial troubleshooting but the suggestions haven't helped. I suspect a corrupted or missing asset in that region that prevents loading in. I'm attaching an image showing where my character froze.
s271d58r0a71.png

• GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's freezing for me in Coldharbour, often. Last two were when entering Cliffs of Failure and then when using the Death Rune at a Rune Circle, so getting more frequent.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    It's freezing for me in Coldharbour, often. Last two were when entering Cliffs of Failure and then when using the Death Rune at a Rune Circle, so getting more frequent.

Are you able to load back into that character where it froze?

For me, 2 characters are completely useless, can’t load in due to the location. I go from that character choice screen to a Reapers March loading screen that never loads, but I hear audio.

I did find that the characters do load a little bit, I tried my main, game froze, restarted, loaded a different character and got my hirelings mails from my main.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Bought an Alliance Change token, was AD, chose EP. game logged me into Mournhold. Submitted bug report, hopefully they can move my other character from that corrupted map zone. Doubt they will reimburse the 2500 crowns but at least my main isn’t stuck anymore.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »

For me, 2 characters are completely useless, can’t load in due to the location. I go from that character choice screen to a Reapers March loading screen that never loads, but I hear audio.

I did find that the characters do load a little bit, I tried my main, game froze, restarted, loaded a different character and got my hirelings mails from my main.

Yes I can get back in at the same point, play a few minutes, and then it freezes again.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »

Yes I can get back in at the same point, play a few minutes, and then it freezes again.

Okay, it does sound like your issue is different than mine. Support was able to move my characters from the region where two of my characters and one of my wife's characters got stuck and couldn't load in again.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the region where our characters would freeze the game. It's not the entire region but an area past the fishing dock and heading south along the western shore.

ludou4d8a90b.png
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted here, we are currently investigating these reported crashes on all platforms. With multiple threads on this topic we'll be closing this one. Further discussion can continue here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.