The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

'To say, I saved the world – that's the magic of games': Bethesda's Todd Howard

• caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Just the time it takes to even turn on and load up some of these games is a barrier – it’s time that you’re not enjoying being in that world …"
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    “Just the time it takes to even turn on and load up some of these games is a barrier – it’s time that you’re not enjoying being in that world …"

I don't think Todd has played ESO.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

I'm not understanding your point.
    He is saying that there need to be better ways to access the game, any game, than what we currently have.
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on November 30, 2020 4:28PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • RaddlemanNumber7
      RaddlemanNumber7
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Raideen wrote: »

I think he was snarking at ESO. Loading screens and linear storylines are major features of ESO.
      PC EU
    • Grandchamp1989
      Grandchamp1989
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      In ESO I saved the world... When my pet looked at the final boss and he melted before I could press my mouse.
    • worrallj
      worrallj
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      In ESO I saved the world... When my pet looked at the final boss and he melted before I could press my mouse.

Haha truth that molag Bal fight is pretty lackluster at 810 cp
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      worrallj wrote: »

It wasn't designed to be tackled by an end-game level character (or, I imagine, even just a CP level character) and I'm so totally fine with that.
      I'm only CP390 and I haven't gotten to that fight yet (I'm taking my time; I'm only a couple of quests away at this point, though), but when I do, I'll just be glad it's finally over. I hate Molag Bal.
      Edited by Grizzbeorn on November 30, 2020 7:05PM
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • SidraWillowsky
        SidraWillowsky
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Todd needs to get moving on TES VI. Get it together, Todd. We're looking at over 10 years between the TES single-player installments.
      • vestahls
        vestahls
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Todd, we're sorry. We didn't mean it. We misjudged you.
        “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
        luv Abnur
        luv Rigurt
        luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
        'ate Razum-dar
        'ate Khamira

simple as
      • TwinLamps
        TwinLamps
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        After the FO76 fiasco I lost my respect for him.
        Awake, but at what cost
      • spartaxoxo
        spartaxoxo
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        And yet they saw fit to take away our vet maelstrom weapons
      • Dark_Lord_Kuro
        Dark_Lord_Kuro
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        spartaxoxo wrote: »
        And yet they saw fit to take away our vet maelstrom weapons

We never earned the new one...
      • Calm_Fury
        Calm_Fury
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Isn't Tood Howard the executive at Bethesda Game Studios?

If he is, he probably has nothing to do with ESO, even in hierarchy.

But you probably just wanted to joke anyway, so nevermind, hehe.
      • Ryuvain
        Ryuvain
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        This one could say that too... until you play an alt.
        That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
        Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
      • Jaraal
        Jaraal
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        In ESO I saved the world...

I saved the world, too. Or at least I thought I did. Turned out the sacrifice to defeat Molag Bal was a sham. ZOS was trolling us all along. Like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown.

I was waiting for Sai and Lyris to tell me their quests were all a joke, too..... but they played it with a straight face. Can't wait to see how I'll be disappointed with next year's quests.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
      • josiahva
        josiahva
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        worrallj wrote: »

I think I was VR1 or VR2 the only time I fought Molag Bal, and it wasn't difficult then(didn't die), I can't even imagine it at 810 CP