The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

100 Transmute Shards Daily Login Bonus?

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Admittedly long time players don't really need such and thing but I figured it would be a nice little addition for the new players and casuals who do not yet have 5 characters ready for shard farming or do nothing but pvp all day.

If added it should probably be midway through the month.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure you’ve been in the forums long enough to know that transmute stones aren’t intended to be a substitute for running content, @hexentb16_ESO.

Especially for newer players ... who have more of a need for the current login rewards than worrying about transmuting end game gear.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to add ways for people the run solo to get the transmute stones. I play every day and have yet to get a crystal. Either that or they need to change it so I have another way to make the armor or weapons that I collect so that I can remake them if I don't store them so that I can clean out my storage.

The gear doesn't have to be end game to want to remake them.

• UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lirkin wrote: »
    They need to add ways for people the run solo to get the transmute stones. I play every day and have yet to get a crystal. Either that or they need to change it so I have another way to make the armor or weapons that I collect so that I can remake them if I don't store them so that I can clean out my storage.

You can run the dailies solo on normal. It's not a lot, but it's something.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100 would be incredibly steep for a log-in reward.

Two or three, here and there, throughout a month, for a total of 5 or maybe 7 for the month would be closer to reasonable.
    IF even granting them at all as log-in rewards was deemed feasible.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Liukke
      Liukke
      ✭✭✭
      Why not adding 500 dreugh wax and 10 free skin, and let's not forget 2500 crown for each wayshrine visited.

[snip]
      I only have 2 characters, one of which is my main and the other a daily slave and with only those two I can make 40 crystals every day.
      For your insterest it's made possible by doing 2 times the daily random dungeon and two vet pledges each.
      Not counting other possibilities...but that's just my example.

And to be honest...I think I'm one of the few having 2 or less characters here...and I'm not complaining :'D
      If you have 5 or 6 you can literally have hundreds every day...just put some effort and things will happen.

So if I get it straight you want to be capable of playing endgame content while playing solo...in an MMO?

I mean the game got ridiculously easy, would it be too much to ask that things stay like this? :'D like, there's skyrim if you wanna play solo.
      In elder scrolls online the only solo content you can get is the quests, everything else requires cooperation and if you cooperate it's a joke collecting those stones.

And don't forget that the stones are a gigantic help, they are not meant to give you the possibility of quickly getting stuff and it's totally normal to collect them at the actual rate.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
      Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 29, 2020 2:43PM
    • YstradClud
      YstradClud
      ✭✭✭✭
      new players and casuals who do not yet have 5 characters ready for shard farming or do nothing

How exactly are they farmed if you have 5 characters? Didn't think you could send them to your main from alts.
    • hexentb16_ESO
      hexentb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      I’m pretty sure you’ve been in the forums long enough to know that transmute stones aren’t intended to be a substitute for running content, @hexentb16_ESO.

Especially for newer players ... who have more of a need for the current login rewards than worrying about transmuting end game gear.

I'm pretty sure you've been playing video games long enough to know that grindy gameplay doesn't make good gameplay. That its just a lazy attempt at padding out lacking content.

This small login bonus would probably encourage more new players to do their pledges and first daily random because they'd get a free taste of the transmute station. Sounds like a win win to me.

Besides its just 100 transmute shards. Thats barely any at all.

Yeah new players probably won't be worrying about transmuting their gear until 160 but if this was a thing they'd probably have enough to transmute at least one build's worth of gear by the time they are. Or perhaps they still won't if ZOS gives it away at the same rate they do the 25k, 50k, and 100k, login bonuses.

I have a feeling this suggestion I made is one of those suggestions that will get the "change fearing" side of the fan base losing their minds even though it will have little to no effect on their gameplay experience.

They'll probably blow it up and make it sound like this small change will destroy pve content as we know it. Oh well. I'm sure there will be even more who will realize something like this is no big deal.

Edit: Don't forget everyone. 100 transmute shards is only 2 gear pieces. It won't be the end of Tamriel if new players are given it.
    • hexentb16_ESO
      hexentb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      YstradClud wrote: »
      new players and casuals who do not yet have 5 characters ready for shard farming or do nothing

How exactly are they farmed if you have 5 characters? Didn't think you could send them to your main from alts.

Shards are a currency shared across all characters.
    • ghost_bg_ESO
      ghost_bg_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      i'm almost sure there was couple of times transmute crystals in daily login before, so it won't be something new.
    • Lirkin
      Lirkin
      ✭✭✭✭
      Liukke wrote: »
      Why not adding 500 dreugh wax and 10 free skin, and let's not forget 2500 crown for each wayshrine visited.

[snip]
      I only have 2 characters, one of which is my main and the other a daily slave and with only those two I can make 40 crystals every day.
      For your insterest it's made possible by doing 2 times the daily random dungeon and two vet pledges each.

And to be honest...I think I'm one of the few having 2 or less characters here...and I'm not complaining :'D
      If you have 5 or 6 you can literally have hundreds every day...just put some effort and things will happen.

So if I get it straight you want to be capable of playing endgame content while playing solo...in an MMO?

I mean the game got ridiculously easy, would it be too much to ask that things stay like this? :'D like, there's skyrim if you wanna play solo.
      In elder scrolls online the only solo content you can get is the quests, everything else requires cooperation and if you cooperate it's a joke collecting those stones.

And don't forget that the stones are a gigantic help, they are not meant to give you the possibility of quickly getting stuff and it's totally normal to collect them at the actual rate.

I never said that I want to play endgame content!!! Read it again. I said a way to get crystals so I can make the armor I get while playing. That way I can deconstruct and make them later if I want too.

[snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 29, 2020 2:45PM
    • Liukke
      Liukke
      ✭✭✭

[snip]

I never said that I want play endgame content!!! Read it again. I said a way to get crystals so I can make the armor I get while playing. That way I can deconstruct and make them later it I want too.

[snip]

So, if you collect your armor why should you transmute it?
      If you are not playing endgame you don't need any specific set or change any trait, you can literally finish all quests in the game also naked and still do veteran dungeons with crafted gear.

It's easy to throw the "change" blame to other people. [snip]
      You talk about not playing endgame but then you want to engage into mechanics that lead to it, you talk about other people not wanting change but then you propose a gigantic gift in the game, as if it were just candies.

You know, there's a company that created a game, put rules and numbers after quite a lot of thought, trying to balance every single aspect to have playability, grinding and revenue at the same time (yes, ZOS is a business and they need to force you to buy something).
      You just pop here and ask for 100 transmute crystals on login :D it's like a few hours worth of grinding (take 5 characters, doing one random dungeon each plus 2 vet dailies, tiny example).
      [snip]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 29, 2020 2:48PM
    • Kurat
      Kurat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      You now get 10 transmutes from random daily dungeon. No need to pvp. Its 10 per character every day. Also pledges give you 5 if doing vet hm. Even if you only play 1 character and do just non dlc pledges and daily, you get 20 per day. No need to add them as rewards. Also, you shouldn't just transmute your gear to desired trait but rather collect more pieces of that set so the reconstruction price goes down and then just reconstruct needed pieces in right trait. You save alot of crystals that way. Its 50 vs 25 if you have collected all.
    • Sju
      Sju
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'll keep my eso+ if they add even just a 100 monthly bonus to it, definitely more would be better, but I'm sick of the dungeon finder. They need to at least relocate this geode of 10 crystals elsewhere if they aren't going to fix this tool.
    • YstradClud
      YstradClud
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kurat wrote: »
      Also, you shouldn't just transmute your gear to desired trait but rather collect more pieces of that set so the reconstruction price goes down and then just reconstruct needed pieces in right trait. You save alot of crystals that way. Its 50 vs 25 if you have collected all.

Thanks. I only play one character and these crystals aren't a currency that I can play around with.
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

@Taleof2Cities

That went out the window with the Sets addition, where they increased the limit dramatically and made it so you didn't have to rerun content you have already completed, specifically so that the transmute+set system could reduce the amount of rerunning already completed content people had to do.
    • Lirkin
      Lirkin
      ✭✭✭✭

[snip]

I never said that I want play endgame content!!! Read it again. I said a way to get crystals so I can make the armor I get while playing. That way I can deconstruct and make them later it I want too.

[snip]

So, if you collect your armor why should you transmute it?
      If you are not playing endgame you don't need any specific set or change any trait, you can literally finish all quests in the game also naked and still do veteran dungeons with crafted gear.

It's easy to throw the "change" blame to other people. [snip]
      You talk about not playing endgame but then you want to engage into mechanics that lead to it, you talk about other people not wanting change but then you propose a gigantic gift in the game, as if it were just candies.

You know, there's a company that created a game, put rules and numbers after quite a lot of thought, trying to balance every single aspect to have playability, grinding and revenue at the same time (yes, ZOS is a business and they need to force you to buy something).
      You just pop here and ask for 100 transmute crystals on login :D it's like a few hours worth of grinding (take 5 characters, doing one random dungeon each plus 2 vet dailies, tiny example).
      [snip]

You [snip] don't get to decide what I need! I never said that I want them to give me crystals for just logging into the game. Just give me a solo way the get the crystals. Some said I can run some dungeons solo and get them but tell me how to do that without gear. I don''t expect the best gear

The game is about improving my characters. Doing what I like. If they want me to pay for the game they need to make it fun and interesting.

They tied the ability to deconstruct and then reconstruct armor and weapons, and then remake them, to having crystals just like high end players. You do know that I can't make an item I haven't collected in my playing!!!

[snip] I hear that a lot from the "high end" players that want people to play their way! [snip] I don't want to go in to groups and have to deal with critical people!

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 29, 2020 2:51PM
    • Starlock
      Starlock
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You are wrong and don't get to decide what I need! I never said that I want them to give me crystals for just logging into the game. Just give me a solo way the get the crystals. Some said I can run some dungeons solo and get them but tell me how to do that without gear. I don''t expect the best gear

The game is about improving my characters. Doing what I like. If they want me to pay for the game they need to make it fun and interesting.

Yup. It needs to be added. The transmute system never should have been locked to group-only sourcing to begin with, and the argument for keeping it that way is even weaker now with the set collections system (and it didn't really have a leg to stand on before, frankly).

Of course, be aware that if they do add proper sourcing for transmute crystals, it will likely still be grind, grind, grind. The primary goal of games-as-service titles is always to turn players into payers. Mechanics like grind are allowed to persist in these types of games because grind helps cultivate habit (aka, game addiction) and habit then cultivates hobby or lifestyle, which allows customers to rationale spending absurd amounts of money on a single game. Just take care that you do not fall into that trap. Many, many do. This game is good, but the money traps it lays speak volumes about its real priorities.
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Starlock wrote: »
      Yup. It needs to be added. The transmute system never should have been locked to group-only sourcing to begin with, and the argument for keeping it that way is even weaker now with the set collections system (and it didn't really have a leg to stand on before, frankly).

But it does have solo sourcing. You can get it from VMA and I think VVH. I am unsure if it still drops from adventurer bag from dragons. The dragons and normal pledges are ofc group content so won't really work for the super casual or solo player. But, that crowd honestly doesn't need to use the system in the first place as the gear they want is able to be grinded out from the stuff they are actually playing which is casual overland content
      Edited by spartaxoxo on November 29, 2020 3:31AM
    • Kurat
      Kurat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      If you only play solo then why do you even need to transmute anything? You most likely have crafted gear which you can craft right trait or overland gear which you can buy from trader with right trait. Or if you're good enough to solo farm dungeons for gear then you could do the solo arenas for crystals. Both vMA and vVH give you 5 crystals and can be actually faster than queuing for random dungeon as dps.
    • Starlock
      Starlock
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      spartaxoxo wrote: »

But it does have solo sourcing. You can get it from VMA and I think VVH.

*blinks and then laughs*

No. Not even remotely. You, personally, maybe can get it that way. The folks who avoid group content are very likely NOT to be able to get it from some of the hardest content in the game. I didn't think that needed to be said, but then again, it is these forums...
      But, that crowd honestly doesn't need to use the system in the first place....

Excuse you, but no. You don't get to decide what "that crowd" does and doesn't need. It's not up to you, it's up to them. It's amazing that this question is still getting asked:
      If you only play solo then why do you even need to transmute anything?

... when it doesn't take that much thinking to answer. With the exception of people who are addicted to video games or are professional gamers, people play video games primarily to have fun. They are a form of entertainment, first and foremost. Using and experimenting with different kinds of sets IS FUN. It doesn't need to be anything more than that, guys. I doesn't matter if using different kinds of sets is fun for you because you are a min-maxing power gamer, or because you like the visual effects, or because it gives you some competitive edge, or because you like the name of it, or because it fits the character concept you are building, or whatever. Experimenting with sets for whatever reason is a key component of the game and IT IS FUN. Grinding to get sets? Not fun. Being locked out of a system would otherwise make experimenting with different sets easier because the activities you usually enjoy don't award any of the currency the system requires? Also not fun.
    • Kurat
      Kurat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

*blinks and then laughs*

No. Not even remotely. You, personally, maybe can get it that way. The folks who avoid group content are very likely NOT to be able to get it from some of the hardest content in the game. I didn't think that needed to be said, but then again, it is these forums...

Excuse you, but no. You don't get to decide what "that crowd" does and doesn't need. It's not up to you, it's up to them. It's amazing that this question is still getting asked:

... when it doesn't take that much thinking to answer. With the exception of people who are addicted to video games or are professional gamers, people play video games primarily to have fun. They are a form of entertainment, first and foremost. Using and experimenting with different kinds of sets IS FUN. It doesn't need to be anything more than that, guys. I doesn't matter if using different kinds of sets is fun for you because you are a min-maxing power gamer, or because you like the visual effects, or because it gives you some competitive edge, or because you like the name of it, or because it fits the character concept you are building, or whatever. Experimenting with sets for whatever reason is a key component of the game and IT IS FUN. Grinding to get sets? Not fun. Being locked out of a system would otherwise make experimenting with different sets easier because the activities you usually enjoy don't award any of the currency the system requires? Also not fun.

I get what you're saying I think, but tell me what exactly would you transmute if you dont do group content? Crafted or overland gear?
    • lurkin777
      lurkin777
      ✭✭✭
      I deconstruct items I get in the overland and dungeons I do. I need to clear out my bank and bags just like all the "elite players they just may not be the high level items you get!!!

Crystals are just another limiting factor in the game for people that don't do the things that now give crystals.

My storage is full of armor and weapons but I can't deconstruct them if I am not going to have crystals to remake them when I want them so I have to store them...
    • Starlight_Whisper
      Starlight_Whisper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Speak for yourself...I have been playing five years and still could need this.
    • lurkin777
      lurkin777
      ✭✭✭

Not sure what you are saying. I am saying I need the crystals. You saying you don't?

By the way I have been playing for almost the beginning of the game just not posted here on this account.
      Edited by lurkin777 on November 29, 2020 6:30AM
    • Starlight_Whisper
      Starlight_Whisper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      lurkin777 wrote: »

Not sure what you are saying. I am saying I need the crystals. You saying you don't?

By the way I have been playing for almost the beginning of the game just not posted here on this account.

You said

Admittedly long time players don't really need such and thing

I disagreed to that statement.
    • zvavi
      zvavi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I suggest, 3 transmute stones per daily wb/delve quest.
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

*blinks and then laughs*

While that is true, then it makes you wonder why they need the transmuted gear. The content they are mostly doing is the content that would just give them the pieces they are looking for...quests, dolmens, delves. The dragons and Harrowstorms are too hard for them, but I have advocated nerfing those to make it more reasonable.

It's not about deciding what they need. It's about the fact that the content they are doing gives them the gear pieces they are looking for...if these ultra casuals aren't doing quests, dolmens, and delves anyway and won't do grouped content, then what are they even doing? I have a friend who mostly just quests and does delves and dolmens, maxing out his achievements on those on different types of characters and exploring all the dialogue. Sometimes he farms mats for crafted gear. So the overland pieces he wants he is farming anyway. What is someone else doing if not that?
      Edited by spartaxoxo on November 29, 2020 7:00AM
    • SshadowSscale
      SshadowSscale
      ✭✭✭✭✭

getting to tier 1 pvp rewards really is not that hard even if you are solo you can just zerg surf for a couple of minutes and should be there in no time
    • zvavi
      zvavi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

getting to tier 1 pvp rewards really is not that hard even if you are solo you can just zerg surf for a couple of minutes and should be there in no time

Zerg surfing is not solo. But ye, even being solo just going where the fight is, even if you died if your sides end up winning you get a lot of points, 3 wins like that and you get enough for tier 1 rewards.
      Edited by zvavi on November 29, 2020 7:39AM
    • YstradClud
      YstradClud
      ✭✭✭✭

Well to be fair some people who are mostly playing solo now are still trying to get the right traits on their gear and the right set pieces they need to be competitive in group content even if the highest they are doing at the moment is vet dungeons.

I'm not complaining about the ability to obtain crystals myself though as I still manage to get enough to transmute the correct traits I need it just takes a bit of time and effort.