The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why in the hell do you lose your buffs if you leave and return to Vateshran?

Jeremy
Jeremy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This arena is really trying my patience. I started over to get these "buffs" that are suppose to make the last fight something less then hell. I clear Hunter's Grotto and the Wounding and half of the Brimstone Den to get my magicka and health buffs. Then I leave momentarily to go change my mundus and return to find that all my buffs are gone? So now I have to start all over again?

Why would you not allow the player to leave and come back without getting their buffs back? I have to say, you are doing an excellent job at making me want to tell your arena to... never mind. I'll be nice. But if you're going to save the player's progress through the arena why not their buffs too? I would highly recommend you change this so players don't have to start all over to get their buffs if they leave the arena. That is just... unnecessary.
Edited by Jeremy on November 21, 2020 9:22AM
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    There were issues with the buffs staying and carrying over to PvP land as well as trials so they removed it.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were issues with the buffs staying and carrying over to PvP land as well as trials so they removed it.

So this is a temporary thing until they fix a bug?
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the coding point of view it would be far simpler to set the buffs to only apply within a certain spatial volume of the game rather than allow it into the game as a whole and risk an endless series of potential interactions. Having them otherwise just increases complexity. Most players do not regularly change their mundus stone therefore it would likely not be a design consideration. When it comes to building game systems rule one is keep it simple, anything that adds complexity adds bugs, time and expense.
    Edited by Integral1900 on November 21, 2020 1:25PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the coding point of view it would be far simpler to set the buffs to only apply within a certain spatial volume of the game rather than allow it into the game as a whole and risk an endless series of potential interactions. Having them otherwise just increases complexity. Most players do not regularly change their mundus stone therefore it would likely not be a design consideration. When it comes to building game systems rule one is keep it simple, anything that adds complexity adds bugs, time and expense.

Most players don't regularly change their mundus stones? I seriously doubt that. Definitely deserves design consideration, especially on arena content where their is a variety of bosses with wildly different strengths and strategies that might require a player to tweak or even change their entire build (which is definitely the case here).

What if a friend asks you to come help him run a dungeon or craft something for him or her? Oh sorry I can't, because if I leave I lose my buffs. Ridiculous. And it's not a complex code at all, nor is it an "endless series of potential interactions". You simply save the player's progress/buffs and then remove or apply them based on whether or not the player is in Vatesharan. There is nothing "complex" about it. Simple coding 101. Even I could program that with ease. haha

Anyway: this appears to have been a bug they fixed. I had my hard-earned buffs returned to me when I logged in today. I'm just thankful I bothered to check before I restarted the quest again. So hats off to the developers for speedily fixing this. I appreciate it. Thank you. :)
    Edited by Jeremy on November 21, 2020 8:44PM
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why the heck would they let you keep your buffs when you leave the arena? So you can keep them when you then go to a trial or VMA? um no. Think about what you are asking here. I had a save for Vet Vate and I had aquired all the health and magicka remnants and when I went in there the next day, they came back. If you are not picking up the quest then you won't have the buffs when you come back.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    @Jeremy

I believe that's a bug; The release day i crashed on last boss, relogged back in, found myself in grathwood, travelled back in VVH and I had buffs on.

The day after happened the same on another alt but lost all buffs but I got em back tho via a simple relog (logged out, logged back in and my buffs was back).
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the heck would they let you keep your buffs when you leave the arena? So you can keep them when you then go to a trial or VMA? um no. Think about what you are asking here. I had a save for Vet Vate and I had aquired all the health and magicka remnants and when I went in there the next day, they came back. If you are not picking up the quest then you won't have the buffs when you come back.

I don't think you understand me correctly. I'm not asking to keep the buffs while outside of Vateshran. I am talking about losing them while inside Vateshran after leaving and returning to the arena. Players should not be required to redo the arena every time they leave the arena and come back to get their buffs restored. That's absurd.

And luckily you don't. Your buffs are saved. They are just applied when the last fight resets as I figured out. So if you leave Vateshran and then return quickly before the last boss fight has a chance to officially reset (meaning that NPC who transforms into the void mother is present again) you will not have your buffs restored to you. So you just have to wait a bit before returning to get them back.

I'm not sure why they aren't just re-applied on entry. Was probably just a quick fix to deal with a bug.
    Edited by Jeremy on November 23, 2020 8:40PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noldornir wrote: »
    @Jeremy

I believe that's a bug; The release day i crashed on last boss, relogged back in, found myself in grathwood, travelled back in VVH and I had buffs on.

The day after happened the same on another alt but lost all buffs but I got em back tho via a simple relog (logged out, logged back in and my buffs was back).

Yeah I think it's probably just a bug too.

I think I finally figured out how it works. You have to wait for that little intro scene on the last fight to start again where the NPC transforms. If you leave Vateshran and return before that happens you won't have your buffs restored to you.