The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about Elemental Succession set

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys!

Does anyone know if Elemental Succession set applies the damage bonus to the spell that procs it?

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
(3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(4 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
(5 items) Whenever you deal Flame, Shock, or Frost Damage, you gain 492 Spell Damage for that element for 4 seconds. This effect can occur every 4 seconds per element. You can have multiple different elemental buffs active simultaneously.
  • Herr_Flocke
    Herr_Flocke
    ✭✭✭
    that's actually an interesting question. Tbh I do not know for certain, though a look in your combat log might bring some enlightenment :)

That said, I don't think so. The way I understand it, if you cast an ability, let's say an aoe, a kind of 'ability object' is created and the properties of the object are those at creation time and can't change anymore for its lifespan. So if this ability object procs some reaction from a different object (e.g. damage, which then procs the set) it can only happen after the initial 'ability object' was already created.
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    Usually when a set says "when you deal damage with", the following conditions won't affect the spell that caused it. Sometimes when a set says "when you cast a whatever ability" or similar, what you're asking would be true. Always worth testing things in this game though, there are weird interactions sometimes.
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much! I just went from thinking this is an awesome set, to being quite disappointed. I am running it on my necro and my parses are all over the place.

I guess I should switch this to something more consistent.
  • jekyto
    jekyto
    ✭✭✭
    There are pretty better sets for sure, that will boost your overall damage, not just an element, which also excludes your light attacks
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly it seems like the meta now is more proc based sets and less about raw stats. I like raw stats myself, but every raw stat build I try to make ends up being a waste of gold/farming time. They rarely work out well.

I have been building my magicka templar and I swapped out a good stat set for a proc set (mad tinkerers). Mad Tinkerers itself is not that great of a proc set, the damage is ok, its really more for the LOL's, but that being said my DPS went up consistently with that set vs the stat set I was running.

• washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh? What are good magicka proc sets you could recommend?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jekyto wrote: »
    There are pretty better sets for sure, that will boost your overall damage, not just an element, which also excludes your light attacks

? All destruction staff light attacks have an element, and succession will boost it. It will buff most things in a magdk or magcro rotation other than orbs, entropy if you use it, and elemental weapon. It may not be the best set possible but it's quite serviceable. It won't boost resto light attacks but that's not going to be a common setup anyways.